“A good hotel but starting to loose its lusture” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Stockley Road, West Drayton, West Drayton UB7 9NA, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
London
“A good hotel but starting to loose its lusture”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed prior to a trip and had stayed at the hotel on previous trips given its proximity to the airport.

On check in we were advised that their key-making machine was down but, as we were staying in a club room, could go to the club lounge where they would be able to issue us with a key. So, off we went up to the Club floor and got to the lounge only to find there was noone on duty so noone to cut a key. So off we went back down with our bags to the desk who had now got their machine working. Not really very good but we let it go.

The room was acceptable but it was starting to show signs of wear. The biggest disappointment was the bed which, compared to other 4* hotels, was not what I was expecting in relation to levels of comfort. The under-sheet had also not been tucked in and on one side was far too short so wouldn't even touch the bottom of the bed to tuck. This wasn't acceptable but given we didn't discover this until we were going to bed there was no way I was going to get up and complain.

Given these negatives I'm pleased to say there are still some good things going for the hotel. The club lounge is well appointed at the attendant during canape's and cocktail hour was very attentive and took time to engage with each of the guests. The downstairs Bar/Lounge serves some great tasting reasonably priced food and I'd recommend it over their main restaurant, 'Orwells' for price and selection of food.

Overall, I think the rooms need updating, especially the beds which in my opinion are deserving of the skip. The other parts of this hotel are very well looked after and the service from staff is, on the whole, very good.

Will I stay again, possibly not. Especially considering newer rivals pitched at around the same price bracket and aiming at the same market are now on the scene e.g. Hilton T5. At least there I can be assured of a decent bed!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ronan A, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Ldnlad25

Thank you so much for your review.

I am very sorry for your disappointment and that some aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. I am glad to hear though there were a number of positives to your stay.

If you would like to discuss your disappointment further, please contact me directly.

Ronan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Sturminster Newton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed here overnight and left our car for a further three nights. It's easy to find; reception staff were friendly and helpful; the room was perfectly fine - large and well appointed, with a decent sized bathroom and, for our stay, it was quiet, so we slept well. The wake-up call was exactly on time and the buses to and from the airport punctual and frequent.
We ate in the Indian restaurant, Eriki, which was excellent, if a little pricey.
The rack rate is horrendously expensive, but if you can get a deal through your travel agent (ours was £80 for the night's stay and the parking - a bargain) it's a no-brainer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ted_Devon

Thank you so much for your review.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed our Hotel Rooms, the location and the convenience of our park stay and go.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed here for two nights, my room was a good size, clean and comfortable. I dined in the restaurant both nights, the food was good and staff generally attentive although my experience on my first night was of better standard than the second.The information desk was staffed by friendly co-operative staff who had a good knowledge of the local area and gave good directions.
The complimentary sleeping aid worked a treat and I wish I could get some now at home. The pool was clean and refreshing after a day of sightseeing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear BrianB

Thank you so much for your review.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed our Hotel Rooms, the location and the health facilities. I will let our staff know your comments about how friendly and attentive our reception staff was.

Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

As we were only due to stay for one night before flying from Heathrow, we took a chance on the Mystery Hotel deals offered by several websites. Was very happy when for a bargain price we got the Crowne Plaza, as I've stayed at the one in Leeds and it was lovely. Compared to the price of parking at the airport, this is a great deal.

Lovely hotel rooms, spacious car park, easy transfers to the airport. Would definitely stay again. Not much else to add as we were only there to sleep.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Ronan A, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear JackieM

Thank you so much for your review.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future where you can try the other services our hotel has to offer.

Sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Had a great deal here with staying over 1 night and parking whilst away for 4 nights. Easy to find, good shutttle bus run to and from airport, good food altho a little expensive and friendly, helpful staff. Room was good too. Can get quite busy in the bar area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ronan A, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London-Heathrow, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear GlugSussex,

Thank you so much for your review.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the facilities (food), our friendly staff and the convenience of our park stay and go.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We did a park & stay at this hotel before going away the next day !

Great Price with Room & Parking

Great hotel amazing breakfast and bar foods great helpful staff ;-)

Will use this hotel again when flying from Heathrow

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mudd1

Thank you so much for your review.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the facilities (food and bar), our friendly staff and the convenience of our park stay and go.

london
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Do not trust anything that this hotel tells you prior to booking....... No entertainment for New Year not even any music in the bar. The communication between the SPA and hotel doesn't exist and neither does the TLC that you think you might get for a 5 star hotel. Food was basic and they could not even cope with the meals getting out on time. We waited over an hour and yet their were only two ttables in the whole place that were booked..... My only good report would be the ladie on the customer relationship desk who clearly was tuned into customer care.... Not really what I would expect of a 5 star and would not travel to this hotel again......

Room Tip: wouldn't really recommend any room due to the service provided at this hotel