we booked this as part of our package for legoland. it was 12 miles approx to legoland and resonably priced. parking was free to all legoland customers which is a big plus to the other big hotels we looked at. on the drive in to the hotel it just looked like most big hotels, big and daunting and like it could use a paint! we parked ok and then made our way to reception.a small que but quickly delt with. the kids were given a welcome pack which i thought was a nice touch. a drink and a colouring picture (red & yellow felt pens?) a few leaflets about stuff and a page to draw on and a pack of stickers and a toys of some kind. my daughter got a lockable diary which was lovely and my son got a gun and another gun and shooting bits. so really good for free. we then were told by the reception guy (who i could hardly understand) where our room was and where the games rooms were. we got the first floor room a quad room was the desrciption the booking gave but i felt it was a bit small for a family room personaly as i have a 5 yr old and 11 yr old and would of liked a bit more room for stuff. we had a fridge which i asked to be opened for our medicine to go in but that didnt happen till the next day. the beds were 1 double bed for us (parents) and a sofa and a pull out bottom sofa bed for the kids which was fine but then you had little to none floor space. they hadnt thought through the space and clothes arrangments for a family of 4 as there were 5 hangers and no shelves and no drawers for clothes to go in??one top shelp for towels but where to put your clothes?? there was an iron and board in the room and hair dryer and tv and free view which is good. room service at a charge of £2.50 a tray. a few coffee bits to make 2 drinks only. so we had to just leave all our stuff in the suitcase and then dig through which isn't ideal really. the bed was not uncomfy but not overly comfy or large either. the room heating was a bit annoying as when we arrived about 8pm it was quite cool in the room so i turned the temp up so we could warm up but didnt seem to do anything quickly and then we woke in the morning quite warm so i turned it back down and then had to wait to see if it would get cooler any time soon.
im not a fan of going down for breakfast as i dont like the hustle and bustle of things like that, but we joined the que like everyone else and was taken to our seat by a happy friendly waitress who told us what to do and that coffee and tea is brought to you at the table. we went up and got our food which was a good choice and the full english (i didnt have as too heavy that early for me) looked good and enjoyable im told! good choice of cereals and juice, i didnt see the fruit but my other half said he did.
the first day was less busy and we got coffee quickly, the second day busier and coffee took alot longer to come to us. the toast machines were a bit rubbish it just ment you had to do it twice but still eddible after. food was good. we had to validate our parking to leave and the reception man who served us was not overly friendly or helpful or even happy which annoys me slightly as why is HE on reception then?? and again the man that checked us out on the last day was of the same caliber, not happy or looking like he could be bothered to be there or even speak to you?? i find this very strange and not welcoming at all. we saw a few maids on our walk to our room and only one said hello. the room service menu was reasonble not great but ok and we ordered a few bits on the last night and it was OK not great and not hot either. they have deals down stairs that for every full paying adult 1 kid eats free i would say try that instead saves getting cold food you waited 35 mins for. the maid cleaned our room and chucked away my daughter papers from her pack aswell which annoyed me.
overall i would say this is an ok hotel and would proberbly only go back if i couldnt afford to go else where as not overly welcoming i think but not the worst you could do.
in my opinion i would say re train or change the reception staff ( maybe more women as most the men were miserable on reception!) thats who greets you after 2.5hrs in a car!! needs to be better than that!
it did seem like there were a few places to go in the hotel , a gym and a coffee lounge, a pub with food a chineese restarurant and they had a bbq going in the pub outside which seemed good. our room had a view of the lights and tools where they were having work done and on the second night the power went out a few times but only for a few seconds tho.
out of 10 i would say 6 personally and thats beacause the kids bags were so good.
stay here if you your not too fussed with average and dont need a welcome greeting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary and convenient, the Holiday Inn London Heathrow M4 J4 Hotel is just off the M4 motorway at Junction 4, minutes from Heathrow Airport, Terminal 5 and close to Stockley Business Park and Bedfont Lakes. Holiday Inn Heathrow M4 J4 is an ideal base to explore Central London, Legoland Windsor, Wembley and Twickenham. Holiday Inn London Heathrow M4 J4 offers Park, Stay & Go packages including one night's accommodations and car parking for up to 15days. Click hereAll bedrooms are spacious and equipped with air conditioning and high speed internet and wireless access throughout public areas.Our airport hotel is an ideal location for your meetings and conferences at Heathrow. 15 state of the art Academy meeting rooms are self-contained with dedicated and professional support. HSIA and WIFI available with unlimited Starbucks coffee.Workout & unwind in our complimentary Spirit Gym or indulge at one of the best Chinese and Thai restaurants at Heathrow Airport. Try our traditional Irish Pub or our lounge where refreshments are available 24 hours a day. The airport shuttle is 4 p/p each way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, JCT 4 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London-Heathrow m4, Jct 4 Hotel West Drayton
- Holiday Inn West Drayton
- West Drayton Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, JCT 4 West Drayton, Middlesex