“Ok but not great” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
merseyside
“Ok but not great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2007

We stayed here the night before an early morning flight from Heathrow. In summary- if you've already booked to stay here, don't worry- it's not awful, but lots could be improved. If you haven't booked yet- see if you can find somewhere else for the same price!

The check in was slow (very) and, despite me phoning the night before to confirm a twin room, when we arrived it was a double. This was remedied quickly by the beds were right next to each other, with no space inbetween (i.e. a double unzipped into 2 beds and made up separately). This was ok but not ideal.

The room it's self was ok- a good size, clean, with an average bathroom. It wasn't too noisy.

The food in the bar was awful! The order took half an hour and when the food arrived it was cold! Not even warm, but cold. The waiter looked suprised when we returned it and asked for new, warm food. They heated it in the microwave and brought it back out. Not good.

• Liked — location and hotel hoppa bus (15mins to heathrow)
  • Disliked — food
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Polish first
Worthing, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2007

Booked this hotel through Holiday Extras prior to our flight to Miami for our 2 week cruise. I chose the "any hotel 4* option with car parking for 15 days" where you do not know what has been allocated until you pay and finish your booking. The Holiday Inn came up. This cost £79.00

So off we go from the south coast of England using the Holiday Extra directions. I usually map out the route myself using one of the internet's route planners but for some reason this time I left it to the agent, since in the past their directions have been spot on.

However, could we get to the hotel? We could see it from the motorway and we went up and down the motorways, past the actual airport twice until there was only one exit route we had not taken so by a process of elimination we took and yep you guessed it,it took us directly to the hotel.

We checked in, well we tried to - first Mike, my husband had to find a parking space. The hotel car park was so full and they told us to park on the grass. Then when I actually checked in I was told that I had already checked in. I told the man at the desk, not so, here is my reservation and here am I. After a long wait, it appeared that somebody else had used our reservation. I just hoped then that they had a room for us. They did and upgraded us to the Executive floor. So we then gave the room number to the luggage man to deliver our cases to our room. We then trotted off to our room to find that we couldn't open the door. So back to the front desk, who re activated the key. Back to the room, no luck so back again to the front desk. This went on twice more and by this time my husband was getting really angry. A nice young lady in reception took us to the bar and gave us a drink whilst she sorted out the room.

Apparently, the number written down on the little card was wrong. Anyway, we finally were able to get into our room and get some sleep.

Whew.

When we arrived back 17 days later I asked the man at the front desk to activate our car parking ticket so that we could get out of the car park. He began to check our reservation since I knew we had to pay for the 4 extra days at £10 per day since the package was for 15 nights car parking and as he was doing so, I said "you must remember me, we checked in nearly 3 weeks ago and had all the problems with the reservation and then the room key" and reminded him in a fun way about the problems with the rooms. He said he did remember, and just gave me a car exit card. He didn't ask us for the extra 4 days parking money.

Apart from the above, the hotel was very nice. The executive room as I said was so very comfortable. We never ate breakfast there since it was too early for us and we paid for a taxi to take us to the terminal rather than the bus. I just couldn't face lugging all of our luggage on to the shuttle then off on to a couple of trolleys not to mention the other stops the bus might have to do. It took about 5 minutes door to door and we managed to find a porter to shift the luggage for us right inside to the check in desk and place it on the conveyer belt. It was lucky there was no queue for check in.

Just want to mention that we asked the hotel concierge how much a cab would cost) and he said about £9 which to us was a no brainer since it would have cost us £8 on the shuttle (£4 each one way but when the car came it was a people carrier and cost of £16. I think the desk clerk ordered this since I told him we had 5 cases of luggage, and he must have though 5 big cases, he didnt realise they went from tiny to large. But I would advise anyone to check with the cab driver how much. Friends of ours on the same cruise but staying at a different hotel near the airport did the same thing and they had a normal size cab which cost them £9.

SO all in all I found the hotel very nice but will not stay there again since on exiting the hotel at the end of our holiday, could we find a sign pointing us in the right direction. Nope and we ended up driving almost into London.

Well I said probably not, but if we have sat nav then I would definitely stay there again. I wonder if anyone else actually had any problems finding the entrance.

Stayed February 2007
South East
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2007

Stayed Here on business thought it was a great hotel.

The rooms are well equipped and very tidy, I found the lobby a good size with 2 bars and 2 restaurants including a chinese and a Irish themed pub.

Gym had great facilties and althought the car park was fairly full I still found space to park the car.

The Conference facilties again were great very comfortable for 2 solid days of learning and you are given a supply of Starbucks Coffee which never seems to run out to keep you sharp and alert.

Not once inside the hotel did I hear the noise from aircraft and would stay here again over anything Bath Road has to offer.

Staff were very friendly and the room was immaculate.

Internet is a little pricey but nobody is perfect hey!!!

Highly Recommended

• Liked — Quality Throughout
  • Disliked — Car PArking
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Warks.England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2007

We needed a hotel near T3 because of an early flight and paid just over £50 for one night by reserving it 5 months in advance.
We were more than pleasantly surprised - large , well furnished bedroom with good facilities and a comfortable bed.
Bars were quite busy with similar couples and families having a nightcap , giving it a nice atmosphere - whether it would be the same with the contents of two canceled or diverted 747's dumped here for the night is another question!
Having tried other hotels nearer Heathrow on the Bath Road before we expected a restless night with aircraft noise but here at M4/J4 we slept like a log , not even noise from the Motorway.
Great insulation.
Transfer to the airport is efficient and we would certainly chose this hotel again for T3 early departures.

• Liked — Quality bedrooms , comfotable beds and sound insulation!
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Watford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2007

I hadn't stayed at the Holiday Inn before but have to say i was pleased i did. My usual hotel was full so i "Googled" and found this hotel. Prices were about average so booked.
I have to say the level of facilities are anything but average. I had no idea there was so much choice with regards to where to eat or drink within one hotel, they even have an Irish Themed Pub!
Rooms were quite spacious considering the size of the hotel and nicely decorated.
I will definatly use this hotel again when in there area.

• Liked — choice of places to eat and drink. Room size
  • Disliked — car park
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2007

My pregnant wife and I booked this hotel through priceline for about $65/night for 2 nights. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that the "rack rate" for rooms there was well over 200/night.

This is a great hotel to stay at if you need to fly out early. It is not the best hotel to stay at if you are planning to do sight-seeing in the city. Reason: transportation, along with everything in London, is twice as expensive as it is in the USA. i.e. Hamburger = $12. Pint of beer = $9-10.

The room was fine. No smoky smells or mold, or anything unpleasant. We were there to rest and relax and sleep. That was accomplished. The "King" bed was two twins pushed together and be-sheeted. But it was fine. Lighting was great, bathroom was great. They give you your choice of pillow (down, soft, hard, etc..) For a holiday inn, I was very happy with the room. Also, there was a small fridge, not a minibar. So we went out of the hotel, took a left on Sipson road, and walked about half a mile to the nearest store (small convenience type store) We purchased milk, cereal and room snacks and sodas, beers, and were able to keep them plenty cold and plenty handy while we watched "Lady in the Water" on the pay TV. Pay movies cost ~$14.

Transportation to/from:
If you follow my directions, you will find it easy to get to this hotel.
The central bus station is located at Terminal 2 of LHR airport. Ask the info desk where to catch the H1 (Hoppa Bus). S/he will give you specific walking directions to bus stops(2 minute walk)
Wait there for the H1. It's 4 pounds per person per trip. So about $16 per couple if I give the pound/dollar a 1:2 ratio.
The H1 will make stops at other terminals and then go directly to your hotel. It will stop right outside the front door of the hotel.

To get back to the Airport, you can take the H1 as well for the same price. It picks up right in front of the hotel every 15-20 minutes, and it will stop at one other hotel before it stops at each of the terminals. The H1 will be at this hotel at 5:15 A.M. at the earliest. So if you have an international flight at 6:30 A.M., like we did, and you want to be at the airport 1.5 hours early like you are supposed to be, you will want to request the concierge to arrange a taxicab for you. The hotel concierge arranged one for us, and it picked us up at 4:45 am. We were at the airport in 10 minutes, and it costs the same as the H1. ~$16 (however, this is regardless of # of occupants... we could have fit 4 passengers in the mininvan taxi. If you have 3-4 people in your group, always use the taxi service to/from airport... its a lot faster, quieter, easier than the H1, and with that many people, it will be more cost effective.

The H1 takes approximately 20-25 minutes to/from airport and hotel.

The hotel has a pub, and two restaurants. One restaurant is sort of English style, the other is Chinese. We ate at the chinese and shared several dishes for dinner along with a bottled water. It costs about $40 and we were stuffed. The next night, we went to a pub located about 50 yards south of the hotel, right on Sipson road (about a 4 minute walk). Its a pub that serves some good food. I had chicken curry, and my wife had fettucine alfredo and the prices were fair, according to London pricing.

This hotel is not super convenient to sightseeing, but we stayed there because of our ultra early flight. What a good deal that was!

• Liked — close to airport, cheap, and very clean and comfy.
  • Disliked — had minor issue with pay tv, but the staff resolved it right away
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Somerset
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2007

We stayed here on xmas eve.Whilst the location is good, and the parking deal for 15 days is great value, the hotel is past it's sell by date. We had soaking wet carpets through out the room,
(you could not walk around without shoes on) bathroom lock broken, the door wouldnt even close, let alone lock. Running condensation, no heating,(switch broken), no way of ventilating the room. The room smelt of damp, wall paper peeling of the wall where the shower above was leaking. Mildew
on the bathroom wall. One lift out of 4 working when we checked out, so had to walk down 4 floors with cases and skis. The Hotel is out of date generally, and really shabby.

The plus side is we got a full refund from the supervisor, who was very helpful, and apologised.
However i will never stay her again.

• Liked — The location to the airport
  • Disliked — The standard of the rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — Just park the car, and stay somewhere else
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Holiday Inn London-Heathrow M4, JCT 4? Share your experiences!