“'Terrible' nails it pretty well” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Smith's Grill & Bar

Smith's Grill & Bar
The Grove, Bath Road | Sipson, West Drayton UB7 0DG, England (Formerly Smith's Bar & Kitchen)
+44 2087597777
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 46 Restaurants in West Drayton
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our food is honest, simple, seasonal, carefully sourced and skilfully prepared. Our aim is to become your favourite local restaurant.The “Stars of the show” are our char-grilled 21 day dry-aged steaks from lovingly reared prime English beef herds that graze on the Surrey Hills, which is less than 25 miles away.Surrey Hills is a protected landscape of rolling chalk downs, flower rich grasslands and ancient woodlands recognised as an area of outstanding natural beauty. Our farmer has a simple philosophy “Created by nature, selected by hand and matured by time”. This results in a superb succulent, meltingly tender steak with a great depth of flavour.
Longmont, Colorado
“'Terrible' nails it pretty well”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Smith's serves the Arora Hotel near Heathrow - it's located by the lobby in the same building (good hotel for Heathrow ovenight layovers, incidentally). I just ordered room service and it did a great job of embodying the stereotype of terrible British food - pizza served in 'freshly baked' cardboard box in a weak attempt at fooling you into thinking it's pizzeria quality but oh so very obviously store bought, and we're not talking high end of the store-bought range here either, we're talking limp, rubbery, stale with scant toppings. Green salad was nothing more than a small bowl of chopped iceberg lettuce with a few pieces of cucumber & avocado here and there. Together with a bottle of water this all came to GBP19.50, yes that >30 bucks EXCLUDING room service charge. You are WAY better off ordering delivery from one of several nearby curry houses. Come to that, you're almost as well going to bed hungry. Overpriced rubbish - avoid.

Visited April 2013
Stephen C, General Manager at Smith's Grill & Bar, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m sorry to hear you were disappointed with your room service experience at Smith’s Grill. I appreciate your review was made back in April so I apologise in advance for the delayed response; we have only just gained access to the page.

Since your experience in April we have appointed a new Food & Beverage Manager at the hotel who has worked with his team improve room service standards, training, food quality and menu ranges. Your feedback is vital for us to understand how we can continuously improve our restaurant and I thank you for your honesty.

I do hope that if you are staying in the hotel in the future, or visiting Smith’ Grill then you will give us another chance. I’d be more than happy to offer you a voucher if you would like to email me at stephenclayton@arorahotels.com.

Thanks again for your review and I do hope we will see you soon at Smith’s Grill/Arora Hotel Haethrow

Kind regards,

Stephen Clayton

Arora Hotel Heathrow | Smith’s Grill & Bar

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Sky Sports”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Great to be able to watch football on the Sky Sports screens. Nice cocktails, tasty and not overpriced food in the restaurant.

Visited May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Heathrow.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your visit to Smith’s Grill & Bar and found the food to be tasty and reasonably priced. It was also great to hear you enjoyed your cocktails and big screen viewing in the bar area. I appreciate your review was made last year so I do apologise in advance for the delayed response; we have only just gained access to the page and still wanted to thank you.

Thanks again for your review and I do hope we will see you soon at Smith’s Grill/Arora Hotel Heathrow

Kind regards,