“Slightly disappointed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Oakwood Bed and Breakfast Heathrow

You added Oakwood Bed and Breakfast Heathrow to your Saves list
Oakwood Bed and Breakfast Heathrow
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   119, Station Road, West Drayton UB7 7ND, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% OFF ADVANCE PURCHASE
Ranked #2 of 3 West Drayton B&B and Inns
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Slightly disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I came in with low expectations since it was a really cheap bed and breakfast. One of the reasons I stayed here was because it was advertised on the website (lastminutehotels) that this place had an airport shuttle to London Heathrow and free breakfast. Turns out the shuttle is a 11 GBP taxi and I mostly missed breakfast because it doesn't start until 8:00 on the weekends.

Other than that place is not bad for what you pay. The single rooms are very small, the bed hard and the shower tiny.

I can't say that I had a bad experience, but it certainly wasn't great either. Just mediocre. Not a bad place to stay if you need a cheap place and you don't mind being cramped and paying for a taxi to the airport.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012 via mobile

I found the owners to be extremely helpful and accommodating. The room was clean, comfortable and had ever thing I need. I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2012
Paola, null, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

i don't agree with all those who critisized such a helpfull staff, clean guest house and polite owners! i was amazed with thier professional approach, good food and enjoyable rooms! with clean ambient and all neccessities!! i was there and i will be going back again! as a matter of fact a friend of mine is coming with me and i reckon it's a great value for the money!
strictly speaking, the owners are fantastic.... including all the staff, i don't want to mention their names because i don't want to miss anyone, but: the handymen were great! the lady that prepared our bf was very helpful, asking me whatever i desired will be served (from the bf menu) not to forget Phil & Pat, awesome people!! keep it up guys......see you in 2 weeks time.
Fabio

Room Tip: if you're looking for a reasonable price, friendly staff and close to heathrow, this is the plac...
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Bideford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

We have used Oakwood three times in two years and it is convenient for taxis from the rail station and to Heathrow. The lady receiving us was always very helpful, finding me a hairdryer and recommending the fabulous Chinese restaurant nearby. For an overnight stay, the rooms are clean, functional and fairly priced. Breakfast was excellent. Well done, Oakwood, we will be back.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

we stayed just 1 night on the 29th september 2011 we had just arived back from thailand and so booked it over the internet the room was basic but clean with a tv and tea or coffe the bathroom was a whet room big and clean but the breakfast was fantastic full English

Room Tip: ground floor was good as they dont have a lift and we had suit cases
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

This was the very first place I went when I visited London. While travel web sites seemed to indicate that this B&B was not convenient to the airport via public transit, I emailed the Oakwood and they gave me very specific directions to get to them via bus, as well as a list of places I could eat upon my arrival (per my request). They responded quickly, greeted me by name when I arrived (shortly after landing - it is very close to the airport), and provided me with an adaptor when I needed one. The room was very clean, and perfect for my stay. The only negative thing was some loud neighbors late at night (either that, or just thin walls), but that was less of the Oakwood's fault. I would definitely recommend staying here - it is far from the center of London, but perfect for a night when you need to be close to Heathrow. The helpful staff and adorable rooms make you feel very welcome.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
cambs UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

We booked 1 night B&B plus holiday parking for £88 plus £20 for taxis to and from Heathrow for 2 weeks in June/July 2011. On arriving, we were concerned on learning that the car stayed at the B&B with tight parking and behind a poor security gate. As we had a flight to catch next morning we had little option but to accept it. The accommodation and breakfast were only just acceptable and we left hoping the car would be ok. On return Mrs Bradley pointed out scratches on the car apparently made by some-one who had gained access. She apologised saying this had never happened before and offered to return our £88. We accepted it (fearing we would be lucky to get any more) but adding that we would find out the true cost and would expect her to refund the balance. We have since had a quote of £250 and informed her by email. We have not heard from her since!
We agree with the previous remarks by others about the low standard hostel type bedroom and breakfast room . We accept it’s a budget price but the car parking was described as “secure” which it definitely is not. Even had we received full payment for the damage to our car we would still have posted a negative review to warn others. We will NOT use it again and would NOT RECOMMEND it to any one else.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Oakwood Bed and Breakfast Heathrow? Share your experiences!