Stayed at the hotel last year when my parents came over, I was quite happy with the staying, so this year when they come to visit again, I booked another two rooms for them to have a rest before headed back to Leeds.
Comparing to our previous staying, I was very impressed with the service this time around. After we just walked inside the hotel, I heard ‘hello’ – that were the receptionists who were looking at us and said hello with big smiles, it really put me back to a cheerful mood after a long travelling day!
Because I booked the room online at a saver’s rate, I was already charged for the rooms, so I needn’t swipe my credit card for both rooms like I was asked for last time. The receptionist checked the booking, asked me to sign the register forms and then gave us the key cards which only took a few minutes in total!
The long corridor was a little problem when we had a few luggages to carry but was not a big issue. We had room 1210 & 1215 which was a little bit of disappointing as I booked and also rang in advance requesting for two rooms that next to each other for the convenience of my non-English speaking parents. My parents didn’t seem mind much though as they were familiar with the environment from previous stay.
The rooms, as usual, clean and spacious, it has all the facilities for a four star hotel which I needn’t to mention here again. Our windows were facing to the road and airport runway, but I didn’t hear much noise, I had a sound sleep due to tiredness, I guess, but also the comfortable bed.
The breakfast in the morning was again, excellent. The waiters are very pleasant, lead you to the table, explain how the buffet works and then make tea or coffee of your liking. The selection of the foods was as good as before and the waiter/waitress were attentive, they clean your empty plates and ask if you like more tea or coffee, each time, you see a smiling face.
Check out was as fast as the check in, the receptionist checked the system and said have a nice day, it only took a minute!
There may be other better hotels in the area, but I am very happy with HI Heathrow: the service is excellent and the room rate is cheap and great! The location is good (free buses 285, 423 from airport direct to the hotel and then to Hatton Cross tube station); so I will book rooms again in September when my parents leave the UK.
All I want to say to the hotel staff and management is: well done and keep up the good work!
I wrote above review the day after our stay, but didn’t have the time to post on tripadvisor. However, today, I received my credit card bill, I found out I have been charged the rooms twice, once just after the booking and the second charge was after our stay! I have no idea how I was charged again after I was told I had paid the rooms in full when checked in /checked out. I contacted hotel and was told to send the confirmation e-mail to them to verify my booking and the charges.
Last year, I questioned the Holiday Inn’s booking system when I was charged more than the rate I was given at the booking. This year, I kept the email confirmation just in case similar things happen again. There was no problem when I was at the hotel, then, somehow I got charged again through my credit card!
I have to point out, this is not Holiday Inn – Heathrow’s problem, and it’s the problem with the booking system in general. The hotel, I would rate it 4.5, but the booking system really let them down!
I am waiting for someone at the hotel account department to get back to me. I really hope someone at the senior level to review the booking system and prevent this kind problem from recurring.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy Holiday Inn London - Heathrow hotel for all the convenience of the airport with excellent transport links to central London. We are just 5 minutes from Heathrow Airport by Hoppa bus or taxi so staying with us is a great way to relax in a fresh and modern hotel. With our triple-glazed windows, flat screen TVs, air conditioning and high-speed wireless internet (free for the 1st half an hour of usage) in every non smoking guest guest room we aim to make your stay as productive and refreshing as you require. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn London - Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Hotel West Drayton
- Holiday Inn West Drayton
- Holiday Inn London - Heathrow West Drayton, Middlesex