“My favourite airport hotel – almost!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 12 hotels in West Drayton
Leeds, United Kingdom
“My favourite airport hotel – almost!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed at the hotel last year when my parents came over, I was quite happy with the staying, so this year when they come to visit again, I booked another two rooms for them to have a rest before headed back to Leeds.

Comparing to our previous staying, I was very impressed with the service this time around. After we just walked inside the hotel, I heard ‘hello’ – that were the receptionists who were looking at us and said hello with big smiles, it really put me back to a cheerful mood after a long travelling day!

Because I booked the room online at a saver’s rate, I was already charged for the rooms, so I needn’t swipe my credit card for both rooms like I was asked for last time. The receptionist checked the booking, asked me to sign the register forms and then gave us the key cards which only took a few minutes in total!

The long corridor was a little problem when we had a few luggages to carry but was not a big issue. We had room 1210 & 1215 which was a little bit of disappointing as I booked and also rang in advance requesting for two rooms that next to each other for the convenience of my non-English speaking parents. My parents didn’t seem mind much though as they were familiar with the environment from previous stay.

The rooms, as usual, clean and spacious, it has all the facilities for a four star hotel which I needn’t to mention here again. Our windows were facing to the road and airport runway, but I didn’t hear much noise, I had a sound sleep due to tiredness, I guess, but also the comfortable bed.

The breakfast in the morning was again, excellent. The waiters are very pleasant, lead you to the table, explain how the buffet works and then make tea or coffee of your liking. The selection of the foods was as good as before and the waiter/waitress were attentive, they clean your empty plates and ask if you like more tea or coffee, each time, you see a smiling face.

Check out was as fast as the check in, the receptionist checked the system and said have a nice day, it only took a minute!

There may be other better hotels in the area, but I am very happy with HI Heathrow: the service is excellent and the room rate is cheap and great! The location is good (free buses 285, 423 from airport direct to the hotel and then to Hatton Cross tube station); so I will book rooms again in September when my parents leave the UK.

All I want to say to the hotel staff and management is: well done and keep up the good work!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote above review the day after our stay, but didn’t have the time to post on tripadvisor. However, today, I received my credit card bill, I found out I have been charged the rooms twice, once just after the booking and the second charge was after our stay! I have no idea how I was charged again after I was told I had paid the rooms in full when checked in /checked out. I contacted hotel and was told to send the confirmation e-mail to them to verify my booking and the charges.

Last year, I questioned the Holiday Inn’s booking system when I was charged more than the rate I was given at the booking. This year, I kept the email confirmation just in case similar things happen again. There was no problem when I was at the hotel, then, somehow I got charged again through my credit card!

I have to point out, this is not Holiday Inn – Heathrow’s problem, and it’s the problem with the booking system in general. The hotel, I would rate it 4.5, but the booking system really let them down!

I am waiting for someone at the hotel account department to get back to me. I really hope someone at the senior level to review the booking system and prevent this kind problem from recurring.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

818 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Guernsey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed here overnight with a flight to catch next morning. I thought it was good value for money. Check-in was efficient. Quite a long walk to the room, but the room was ok, everything worked, and it was clean and quiet. Like most people I caught the shuttle bus (from T1) which I find a pain in the neck, but welcome to Heathrow, Europe's worst airport.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
GMSTU, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Peter R

Thank you for these kind comments and rating the hotel highly in terms of service, location, value and service. Your comments will be passed on to the team.

Regards

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Easy to get to by using the hopper bus at £4.50 each way per person. Go to the hotel bus island located at stalls 26 and 27. On the sign will be the number of the bus for the holiday inn heathrow. On the return there is an easy free bus called U3 and can be caught on the main street an easy 3 minute walk to. Make sure when you make your booking there are 2 holiday inns located at the airport. There is this one called holiday inn london Heathrow, and one located further away called holiday inn Ariel. A little confusing. The property was well kept and clean. Our room was very quiet even though it was on a busy street. 30 minutes of free wifi is provided which is good for checking any emails you might have. Overall a nice property and easy to get to.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Zug
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed one night prior to taking a very early flight. The hotel was clean, quiet, efficient and the staff were very helpful.
The food was standard Holiday Inn stuff, but prepered and presented better than is usual,
Overall the prices were, particularly for an airport hotel, very reasonable.

One, almost inevitable issue is that the check in can become VERY congested with waves of people booking in or out at the same time. This is one place to use that express checkout.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Viscount 57

We thank you for your recent review of our hotel and am pleased to note that you made mention of the express check out. It is comments such as yours either positively or negatively that highlights certain areas for us to focus on to become the best Holiday Inn in the area and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Regards

Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel a number of times and find that it is starting to show wear, especially the bathrooms where one of our rooms on this trip had significant mildew on the tub enclosure grout. The hotel has very good proximity to Heathrow, and good connecting free transportation using the H-4 bus, or several other bus options. The rooms are comfortable and soundproofed, and the reason for staying at this hotel is the convenience of going to and from Heathrow. The people who are staying at the hotel are treated as if they have no option except to eat in the restaurant or bar. The prices are unreasonably high, but there is a perfectly good alternative. The Three Magpies is a pub with good food service and it is a three block walk from the hotel, ask for directions at the front desk. I would rate this hotel as a little below the average of Holiday Inns I have stayed in, but it is a good choice when you are coming and going from Heathrow, especially Terminals 1,2 & 3.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear WisconsinMadison

I thank you for your recent review of the hotel.

It is pleasing to read that you rated the hotel well in terms of location and I sincerely apologise for any maintenace defects that you have highlighted in your bedroom. This is not in keeping with the standards that we aim to achieve and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope this will not prevent you from returning to the hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Sliema, Malta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was in a ground floor room for two nights. The room (1025) was very clean, particularly the bathroom which, apart from a cracked tile, was faultless. Lots of hot water at all times. The triple - glazing ensured there was no noise from outside, despite its proximity to the airport runway. The main problem was the noise from the adjacent rooms and the corridor. The interrnal soundproofing is virtually non - existent, and other people's conversations etc woke me up on three separate occasions. This is not good in an airport hotel where people are coming and going at odd times, and where travellers expect a good night's sleep. There is a computer room near reception that has a free printer, which is handy for printing e-tickets. Room service menu is good, but the breakfast is expensive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
GMSTU, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear phil g

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel.

It is rewarding to read that you positively awarded the hotel high scores with respect to cleanliness, service, location and value for money and we apologise for any inconvenience caused due to noise levels experienced by other guests.

Your comments have been taken on board and referred to the appropriate parties within our organisation.

Kindest Regards

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed with work colleagues for a week. I prefer bright, airy rooms where you can open the window at night. Unfortunately, room 3101 is an odd shaped, off-cut of a room, and the position of the window meant it looked a little dingy. Not helped by the 18 inch air conditioning pipe directly outside the window which made it impossible to open due to the noise. That being said the room was clean, and quiet with the window shut. Staff at reception and restaurant (with the exception of one buffet chef who reprimanded one of my colleagues for cutting his meat too thick ) were very helpful and pleasant. Car park is conveniently situated below the building.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GMSTU, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear spitfire24

Thank you for your review and our sincere apologies for allocating you a room without a view. Unfortunately as in any hotel buiding there are always rooms which do not have the best view and the room that you mention, 3101 falls int this category. That aside I am pleased to see that you rated us highly on value, sleep quality, cleanliness and service and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If you would be so kind as to identify yourself to me through a private e mail on this site, I will ensure that a note is made on your individual profile.

Kindest Regards

Greg Stuart

Been to Holiday Inn London - Heathrow? Share your experiences!