“POO on my bathroom floor!!! GROSS” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in West Drayton
Charlotte, NC
“POO on my bathroom floor!!! GROSS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Please avoid this place.
I am a platinum member with Intercontinental hotels and used to love this hotel. It was one of the best at Heathrow until recently. I have read on here about the hotels service level decline, and frankly I just expect bad service (I mean it IS in England...a place not known for its quality hotels and service) however, the lack of service never bothered me until my last stay. The rooms are generally clean and smart but small (however they WERE new, but are now showing their age - mold in bathrooms, scuffed carpet etc). Big issue here was hygiene.
My room literally had 3 or 4 of what can only be described as SKID MARKS on the bathroom floor....Human or Animal thats blatantly wrong and shows me they dont clean rooms adequately.
Called manager, was ignored multiple times. Went to bed as had EARLY flight - didnt use bathroom again. Checked out in the morning and demanded to speak with the GM. He basically told me he did not care that I was a platinum and prided himself on "never offering a refund to a customer" Slightly odd and not helpful in the least. In fact he blamed me for checking in late.... Indian run hotel with near 100% indian staff. Not impressed. Was offered Breakfast but frankly I question the cleanliness of the kitchen and the staff if poo is considered acceptable and "not refundable". Appalled. Will be appealing to corporate to beg the franchise to be pulled. Disgusting treatment. Also on checkout told they made a mistake and had used my credit card to secure another guests room....WTF!
avoid at all costs. I used to love this place, but now its literally just gross.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
GMSTU, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Dear RichardCL
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Trip Advisor. It is comments like this that enable us to best improve our service and standards and you have our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that was caused during your recent stay with us.
However I would like to address certain points that you have made in your review which are not entirely accurate and are a distortion of the truth. Firstly you never spoke to me at anytime during your stay although you make clear and certain mention of that fact as well as a misguided opinion that I pride myself on never offering a discount. We are not an “Indian run” hotel but a wholly owned British Company that embraces diversity and employs people from all over the world. I fail to see why a particular race has any bearing on a perception of service and standards.
Finally I wish to make it quite clear that what you describe was certainly not human or animal excretion. A cracked tile on your bathroom floor allowed water to seep underneath the grouting and the mixture of glue on wood over a period of time has created a brown watery substance which could have lead you to believe this. On the question of compensation I do believe that you were awarded this without hesitation as a gesture of goodwill and without prejudice and with the hope that you would continue to use Intercontinental Hotels in the future.
Yours sincerely
Greg Stuart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Renfrewshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed here for 5 nights. The room was pleasant and the staff very friendly. What can you say about an airport hotel?? This one is nice, the public areas are well kept, the rooms are comfortable (too hot when I was there, see further on) and the window can open which is a bonus. When I stayed here the weather was very muggy so the room always felt too hot. I asked houskeeping for a sheet for the bed to use in place of the duvet. This was brought promptly and the lady also brought me a large electric fan as she realised I was struggling with the heat. I hadn't asked for it so I felt this was v.good customer service. The area around the hotel is rubbish though, there is really not much to do or see within walking distance, not even a decent shop for snacks. There is a good pub - The Pheasant about a 15 min walk away - which is really worth going to if you are staying for a while. I'll probably post a separate review about that. I have one gripe about this hotel, like I always have about hotels, THE PRICE OF DRINKS!!! this drives me nuts. Why do hotels find it acceptable to charge upwards of £7.00 for a glass of wine that can be bought in a supermarket for £5.00 per bottle. Grrrrr......will the major chains ever get this sorted? Anyway, I digress. If you have to stay at a Heathrow hotel you will do ok here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
GMSTU, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow, responded to this review, July 31, 2011
Dear Mary1967

Thank you for contacting Trip Advisor regarding your stay with the Holiday Inn London-Heathrow, United Kingdom. We realise you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business. It is always enlightening when a guest makes positive mention about the service they have received. With respect to bar prices, I assure you that the hotel remains competitive with other hotels in the area but we take your comments on board. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Kindest Regards,
Gloucestershire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed at this hotel, for the second time this year, in July. Unusually, my husband was also on business in the area so he stayed with me for the first night. We had dinner in the Wings restaurant and were pleasantly surprised. The food, from the buffet, was good and plentiful, and the chefs, Summet and Ali, did a great job both back and front of house. Our server, Amit, got the balance between being attentive and leaving us alone just right, and his wine suggestion was also an excellent choice.

There was an event taking over most of the bar area and the staff rallied to make sure that nobody was kept waiting for a drink.

The room was perfectly adequate, clean and comfortable.

I will stay here again next time I'm on business in the area, and would also consider using it for any departures from Heathrow airport.

Dear Guest

Thank you for contacting Trip Advisor regarding your stay with the Holiday Inn London-Heathrow, United Kingdom. We realise you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business. It is always enlightening when a guest makes positive mention about the service they have received and your comments will be passed on to Ali, Summit and Amit. We look forward to your return.

Regards,
France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

This is a comfortable hotel with the potential to be excellent. I stayed one night in a standard room and one in an executive room. The latter especially was excellent, spacious and well equipped. The bar was pleasant and the restaurant buffet very good. When I asked for a couple of bin liners (garbage bags to Americans) to cover my friend's suitcase on the baggage rack of an old MG, they were produced with a smile.
But, but. The problem with the hotel -- and I have seen the same problem mentioned in reviews of other HIE hotels -- is that they will not spend the money on proper staffing. The reception is grossly understaffed: people wait in queues; the phone is not answered when you call them from the room, there is a concierge desk but I've not once seen anyone staffing it, and even in the restaurant there is one lone hostess/waitress for the whole place plus one kitchen staffer replenishing the buffet. There is no help available with luggage. A shame, because in all other ways it's pleasant, and useful for Heathrow.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
GMSTU, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We are always happy when a guest raises certain issues with respect to their stay as it gives us the opportunity to improve on elements of our service that may need addressing. We realise that you may have many choices when it comes to lodging, hence we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused due to us not fulfilling your requirements on this occassion.

Your sincerely,

Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

I arrived in here, very tired after a long flight. I couldnt really fault the hotel. There was a lovely bar there. Plenty of channels on the TV. Room was reasonably clean. Ensuite was clean. A short but pleasent enough stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
GMSTU, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Thank you for contacting Trip Advisor regarding your stay with the Holiday Inn London-Heathrow, United Kingdom. We realise you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business. It is always enlightening when a guest makes positive mention about the service they have received and your comments will be passed on to our staff. We look forward to your return. Regards, Greg Stuart, General Manager
Orleans, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

The first indication that this wasn't going to be a good experience was the front desk. The people working acted like it was a chore to check me in. There was no help with the luggage and we had to find a cart, and go through about 6 fire doors with the cart to get to our room on the third floor. The halls were dark and dingy and when we got to the room, the bathroom smelled like stale urine. The A/C didn't work well in the room, and we had to open the window which faced the runway at Heathrow, so the noise and the jet fumes were horrible. The internet was very expensive, but they do provide a half hour free, which was just enough to check emails and check in for the flight the following morning. Our flight was early the next morning and we really couldn't get much sleep. The location was great, but I would probably never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Your sincerely,

Flemington NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

We loved this hotel, even though our stay was about 7 hours. We arrived into London from Cairo late and took the local bus to the hotel. I had booked this hotel and prepaid the fantastic rate of 50 usd for the night and the room was lush, the bedding inviting, the shower relaxing and the hated wake up call, on time! It was worth every penny and we will use this hotel at Heathrow when needed.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn London - Heathrow? Share your experiences!