“Very enjoyable dinner before an early departure the next morning.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tuscany Ristorante

Tuscany Ristorante
Bath Road, Heathrow Airport | London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, Hayes UB3 5AN, England
44-20-89901100
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 79 Restaurants in Hayes
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Situated in the London Heathrow Marriott Hotel adjacent to Heathrow airport, Tuscany Ristorante specialises in authentic Italian provincial cuisine served in a relaxed, urban setting. Open for dinner only, the bustling open kitchen keeps the restaurant upbeat, with more subdued dining on the indoor terrace overlooking the lobby.
“Very enjoyable dinner before an early departure the next morning.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Heathrow Marriott for just one night and were so pleased the have such an enjoyable dinner in the hotel, saving us the need to leave the premises. The welcome to the restaurant, the service we received during the meal and the food and wine were just perfect. The only reason I have not given the restaurant 5 stars is they only served coffee from the in house Starbucks. We did feel that such an good Italian restaurant should be serving good Italian coffee. We mentioned this to the maître de and were served an expresso with a dash of grappa on the house as an apology. I would recommend this restaurant and will use again when staying at the Marriott.

Visited February 2014

“A Real Gem at the Marriott”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

The Heathrow Marriott is my home for a couple of nights about six times per year. I've always enjoyed Tuscany for its fresh cuisine and unusually attentive staff. Tonight was OUTSTANDING!

I've recently become vegan and just asked the chef to surprise me. I was delighted with the fresh tomato base of a variety of vegetables over pasta. The flavors were unique with every bite, the ingredients fresh and perfectly prepared.

I shared that I was coming back next month and the chef came to my table to ask what I liked and offered to acquire ingredients for my return. What a personal touch at this very special property. I can't wait to come back next month for my surprise and delight.

I highly recommend this restaurant, there is no need to leave the hotel. In the past I've truly enjoyed the sea bass entree' and the staff overall is very pleasant.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Try the pizza's, they rock. The service is unusually good for the UK and the food is also quite a cut above what you normally find in Bath Rd Heathrow hotels. This is truly a "foodie's" restaurant and I'm betting gets lots of locals as well as travelers.

Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Business delegate dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Unfortunately my experience in the Tuscany Ristorante at the Heathrow Marriott was not as promising as I had expected. The overall experience was michelin priced food for fast food cafe styled flavours and child size portions. The menu was extraordinarily over priced, and with 5 of us it was going to be an expensive evening. At the point we sat down, there was a very unplesent smell coming from the kitchen ( like burning hair ), didnt start off the meal nicely. We asked from some Olives and bread while we looked at the menu, The mixed olives at £3-5 a pot we were given 3 small pots of black olives, which looked as if they had come from a jar not fresh . For my starter I went for the mozzarella cheese, tomatoe and rocket salad -priced at over £8 the portion on my plate served was less than I would expect as a garnish on my main meal. With no real flare or imagination placed on the dish, it was simply a small plate of mixed ingredients, which took minutes to prepare, with no thought about content or originality - it was simply a plate of tomatoe, and cheese slices with some rocket on top. For my main course I went for the Spaghetti bolognaise and expecting big things at £20:99 for the portion - unfortunately the same pattern - very average with no real kick or punch in the flavours, served on simple plain spaghetti which was pre cooked, reheated before serving with no side salad nor accompaniments The meat sauce was pre-cooked in a large vat and simply spooned on top of the pasta and served - and at £20.99 that was exessive for such a small portion of average food. I opted out of choosing any chicken breast on the menu , as I could see the chef preparing other diners plates. for a price tag of over £25 I was expecting more than a plain pan fried chicken breast on a plate of salad. I could not muster up to have a dessert, as that would have blown the budget. The service was fine , although at times overly attentive with at least 3 different people asking if our food was OK and everything OK which was a little off putting, especially seeing as we were not impressed by the food. The same factors above was voiced from my collegues as well, there was a consistant theme around the table of inadequent portions of food, served very plainly with an excessive price tag, which just did not suit the menu on offer. The final bill came in excess of £170 keeping in mind that we all were driving and had one drink each and a small water between us. At that point we made our excusses and left. Unfortunately the experience would not see me rushing back to the Tuscany or recommending it to any of our clients, work mates or friends. If the food had some wow factor then it would have satisfied us in some way, but unfortunately it was below average for the prices, and have never ever find those prices in an Italian restaurant I've ever been too.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“A Slow Start and a Staggering Finish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The Tuscany Ristorante at the Heathrow Marriott offers very good food expensively. The starters in particular are painfully and unnecessarily priced. The food is good, very good in fact and, for the most part, presentation too but tonight's meal got off to a shaky start when I took exception to the size of my partner's antipasto. It is not often you send back someone else's food but I did exactly that and achieved a good result of its return to the table with 30% more on the plate. At £11.50, I expect a decent plate to be decently filled. My minestrone (£7.50) came dangerously close to being over acidic - a risk with a tomato base - and I didn't expect its vegetables to be crunchy but, strangely, I enjoyed it.

Things were looking up with the main courses. My partner's bolognese was certainly meaty if lacking in easily detectable vegetables. My risotto, however, was superbly judged. They certainly know how to do that and get it to the table in still edible form. Excellent. The portion police had been supervising the bread but I asked for breadsticks and was brought some with little fuss.

If I was impressed by the risotto, then I was stunned by the desserts to the extent that I momentarily forgot the prices. Visually, my semifreddo was extraordinary and I took the highly unusual step of photographing it. It managed limoncello with surprising subtlety and pannacotta was equally well done if slightly less pleasing on the eye. £85 for two without alcohol (we don't drink) is not something for every night of a holiday but the dessert so overshadowed the micro-starter that this rated as a good experience.

• Visited November 2013