“Convenience, cleanliness, relative value and location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Staycity Serviced Apartments London Heathrow

You added Staycity Serviced Apartments London Heathrow to your Saves list
Staycity Serviced Apartments London Heathrow
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Highpoint Village, Station Approach, Hayes UB3 4FN, England   |
Paris, France
“Convenience, cleanliness, relative value and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I have used the stay city apart-hotels regularly for business for the last two months. Generally speaking I have been pleased and satisfied with the accommodation.

The rooms are comfortable, well apportioned, clean. No tv's in the bedrooms (only the lounge) but functional for the business traveller or short stay.

The price of parking is over the top but there is free parking in the neighbouring streets if you just venture in a one street radius. Though don't nick me space ;-)

The rooms are good, but I have had cause for comment with management on occasion regarding things not working, in deeper are occasion and differing rooms: the heating, the shower, the plumbing have had issues. I think all think that the service is good however and management try and address issues when reported but, the availability for servicing is far less than 24 hour when needed.

The staff are helpful, genuine and friendly and if you need a nice safe comfortable bed for the night then you could do far worse.

Ps. For places to eat and stay there is a a plethora of options in Ealing Broadway which is just a short train ride from the adjacent station. Nearby things are a bit local but the pub across river is welcoming despite appearances and there's the odd KFC, mcd's, wetherspoons and a decent punjabi restraunt as you walk away from stay city thru Hayes. Enough to pass the time for the work-away-contractor ...

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Middlesex Centre, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Nice, clean,quite and a lovely place to stay. It is very convenient as you don't have to book in advance, i phoned and walked in and the booking was done, I also extended my booking for another five days without problem. There are limited paperwork to book in. The members of staff are very helpful including the cleaners.

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the canal has a great view and lots of natural light from the windows
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Frederick D, General Manager at Staycity Serviced Apartments London Heathrow, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Kramchand L
We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
On behalf of our entire staff here at the Staycity Serviced Apartments London Heathrow we thank you for your positive comments and appreciation. We would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Please feel free to contact us directly for special rates and offers.
Kind regards,
Frederick
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We went here last June and stayed for 5 days. We had the 2-bedroom apartment. Everything was nice and cosy. Kitchen was great as we were able to prepare our own food. Beds were comfortable. Wifi was ok. Lots of TV channels to choose from. The nearby Hayes town provides a lot of options of halal food and ingredients for us.

The train station is just next door. But you need to wait till after 9am to be able to purchase the discounted travel cards. That kinda eats a bit into the time that you are able to spend in London. But we didn't really mind.

Yes, the entrance is a bit tricky to find, but I think the hotel did give sufficient information about this when we made our booking. We managed to find the entrance without that much of a hassle based on that info. Getting in and out is a bit of chore if you don't have the key card with you. But for security purpose, I can live with that I guess.

Heathrow is just like 15 minutes away by taxi. So, it suits us perfectly as we had so much luggage and it would have been impossible for us to use the tube. If we had stayed at another place further from Heathrow, we definitely had to fork out more for the cab fare.

The staff at the front desk could definitely be a bit more friendlier. Nothing bad happened, but a smile would have definitely made our experience better. As it was, it was all businesslike and was just sufficient to get the job done.

A note on the deposit, we had the room booked under our sister's name. She's staying in Manchester and had to leave early on the day of the checkout. When we were checking out, we didn't have the receipt for the room deposit and therefore couldn't get the deposit back as the front desk insist on seeing the ID under which the room is booked under. Nobody specifically mention about this during our check in. A clearer information/instruction on this during the check in would have been useful to avoid the hassle that we went through.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I spent two nights at Stay City – London Heathrow for 14th and 15th November 2013 and here is my opinion:

Firstly I live in London but needed a place to stay while repair work was undertaken on my home following water damage. With this in mind I know about what train to get and have visited Hayes & Harlington in the past and knew where the apartments were located. Despite this, actually finding the entrance and what one has to do was hard – good luck to those visiting outside the UK (More on this later).

So leave Hayes & Harlington Station, outside is a small round-a-bout on your right ahead is a Tesco Express. Walk past Tesco and then round to the right. Your see the front of the complex – note this is not Stay City this is the complex in which Stay City is based. On the entry phone press ‘P’ and announce yourself to Stay City reception who will ‘buzz you in’. Now to your left take the lift to first floor (yes your still outside) walk ahead then left and you will see a large yellow ‘Stay City’ sign. Upon arriving you need to be ‘buzzed in’ again to their reception area. There is another exit/entrance that I used once which takes a faster route to the station ask on arrival where this is.

So you have arrived and everything is very clinical – white, yellow and grey are the colours – clear why, it saves you money because it has saved the owners money and they have been able to bulk buy everything all the same which of course means further savings, the result though is a bit ‘corporate’ think Easy Jet orange and how they use this everywhere, Stay City love their yellow.

Reception was a mix f helpfulness and confusion so it took a while to check in, hand over my £50.00 deposit in cash and be issued with the top part of the plastic bag as a receipt – my money put in an office drawer along with numerous other bags – not a safe. You MUST keep safe your receipt even though it is not a ‘proper paper’ one for your not get the money back without it. I might add there are a lot of rules you see.

So up to the room 211. Straight away I turned and back to reception the air-conditioning/heating system was on but nothing was coming out of the vents. I was moved to room 212. Everything was working in this room. The rooms (apartments) – mine being the 1 bedroom variety – are very spacious and while the white, grey and yellow colours are in abundance at night with the floor lamp on it looks rather nice. The kitchen area is very comprehensive: oven, double hob, dishwasher, large fridge with ice box and a microwave oven and lots of utensils and pans to make cooking something very doable (some apartments really you could only heat up food). The bathroom is large but due to health & safety the towel rails are discounted – there is no shelf to put things not even a loo role holder – but the shower is huge and has a very effective powerful head.

The bed looks like a king size, but is two single beds joined together to make one huge double. Comfy as they go, nice linen not many coat hangers in the wardrobe though, you do get a hair dryer and electric safe in here though. A clock radio and bed side light. Note my room faced the station but the double glazing was very thick and sounds from passing trains did not bother me.

It was only when I looked at the in house guide placed on the coffee table I found how careful you have to be not to be charged for things. See, they give you a good deal per night sure but I had just been stating at another serviced apartment in Ealing run by Best Western so presumed Stay City may be the same. They are not.
Your room once in it is yours, you are left to your own devises – no maid service, you must make your beds like you are at home. Fair enough, but you also have to take your rubbish down to the car park and into the rubbish room – failure to do so will result in a cleaning charge on check out. You are not issued with a fob, so you go to the rubbish room the door closes behind you and you have to call reception to be let back in – if reception is busy your left waiting for some time in the car park!

If you want things like your room cleaned, extra towels, bedding – even your bags being looked after you must pay a charge. It therefore has the feel of trying to be something special, but it is not – it is pretty budget and stark, and certainly not somewhere you would go to spoil yourself or for a romantic break but for £81.00 a night in west London can you complain about it too much? For me not really, but had I been coming from overseas I might be left wanting.

I find it inexcusable that in a complex where there are so many rules – a complex that is so close to the airport NONE of the room notices, information in lifts, or guide about what one can expect and be charged for is in any other language – come on guys, German, Spanish, French and Italian a least! How would anyone who was not English know they had to take the black bin liner to the car park to get rid of the rubbish or get a surcharge added if they did not on check out..?

So overall there are areas it could have been improved – signage to get there – scuffs and marks here and there need to be addressed, and a clearer check in which informal you of more information would be helpful.

What made me chuckle is upon check-out your room needs to be checked prior to getting your deposit back, this means many people are all waiting while their rooms are checked – a couple in front of me had been accused of not having the request number of towels it all was conducted in front of everyone and seemed petty for a single towel – which upon recounting was found to have been there all along!

Interesting experience, perhaps to be repeated.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Robin S
I would like to thank you for your stay at Staycity Serviced Apartments London Heathrow and your detail feedback here on TripAdvisor.
Our location is indeed found to be very convenient for travellers between Heathrow Airport and Central London areas due to our location and the train station on our doorstep for the Heathrow Connect services and bus links, and additionally proximity to the M25 and M4 routes. We are aware that at times guests find it difficult to locate us and we are working currently with the local site management and the local council in getting appropriate signage. This however is taking longer than expected and we are currently advising our guests to use postcode UB3 4FN or GPS coordinates 51.503961,-0.419651. As a landmark there is a Tesco Express just outside by our main entrance in the same complex as Staycity. You have rightly pointed out the directions to get up to the 1st Floor where Staycity Reception entrance is located. There is also the train side entrance which would be quicker for our guests and this is located immediately outside the train station entrance on Station Approach.
Our building is fairly new and we are now working on changing the look and feel from the feedback that we have received. Our priority is to keep a clean and fresh look with all the comforts of a home for our guests. Every apartment comes with all the basic furnishing, fittings and equipment that we find is the usual requirement and the general feedback is that we are able to cater to most of our guests. The apartments are all similarly decorated and offer flexibility of a lounge, pull out sofa bed and fully equipped kitchen which hotels do not offer. Unlike hotels though we do not offer daily cleaning services but only a weekly full complimentary clean and the option to have additional cleans or extra linen at a fee if required. We also offer a laundry room with token operated washers and dryers which is found very convenient and economical compared to hotels that charge exorbitantly for laundry and dry cleaning.
Due to the high quality offering of amenities in our apartments such as DVD players, digital alarm clocks, fully equipped kitchen, housekeeping supplies, and much more, our policy is to hold a refundable security deposit in cash or credit card authorization for £50 per person. This is very similar to hotels taking security deposit / authorizations on arrival. This is a standard practice as security and to maintain the decorum of the apartments. In case of cash deposits it is imperative that the Reception team check the apartment prior to guests leaving in order to ensure that the deposit can be appropriately returned. In case of credit card authorizations our Reception team will not keep guests waiting to check the apartment as this would be done later during the Housekeeping departure checks and if required the guest would be contacted. I have passed on your feedback regarding your experience to the Front Office Manager to look into but can assure you that Security Cash Deposits are not being stored at the Reception and that we have a safe located away from the Reception to securely store the Cash Deposits. This is also accounted for daily.
We would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area. Please feel free to contact us directly for special rates and offers.
Kind regards,
Frederick
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The place was clean and worked out perfectly how the bedroom and living room and kitchen were situated from the bathroom. You walk in and there's a small hallway where the bathroom was just steps away from the door to the bedroom and the door to the living room with sleeper sofa and kitchen area. Worked out perfectly for my sister and I, we slept on the sleeper sofa and niece and her husband slept in the bedroom. We took the 140 bus from Heathrow airport and which left us off about 500ft from CityStay. Which I might say is hidden behind a mini market amongst other buildings. You need to get buzzed in twice before you travel another 500ft to the reception area. The mini market was a big plus. But with a stroller and luggage we were a little frustrated by the time we found the entrance.

Now for the negative, we travel all over the world and have never had a problem checking in before the 'check-in' time. We arrived at 7:15am, asked for early check-in, we're told that it would cost £20 extra.....we didn't care we had a long flight and had my niece's 6-month old who needed a bed. But we're told that a room would not be available until 11am-12pm. Th lobby has nowhere to sit so we stood around for about 90 minutes. Staff just went about their business without a care in the world. Finally we asked about a place to eat breakfast, it was a Sunday and was told that most places were not opened yet but we could try a McDonalds a few blocks away........we flew to London from Los Angeles to eat at McDonalds.......really? Well, we had no choice, we took the walk and it was the only place opened. Cold and hungry we ate at McDonalds,

We eventually returned to the 'reception' area, we were not acknowledged even though it was the same staff. We had to inquire about the room several times....surprise surprise the room was not ready or available. Finally! We get keys to the room.

We were expecting a FedEx package and the staff was not helpful except for one person, Ghosh who works the night shift, he went above and beyond the call of duty. I wish he could be cloned then CityStay would be a better place. I can guarantee you if Ghosh was there the morning we arrived we would not have waited as long as we did for a room.

If I had to rate the staff the staff would get 1.5 stars and Ghosh wind get 5+ stars.

Room Tip: Get a map of the exact location of CityStay as it is hidden between other buildings.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We enjoyed 22 days stay we came for 9 days and stayed for a long time good service excellent staff very friendly environment stayed like home had a great memorable moments love to visit again stay city is a great place to stay in London and I really felt like home advice every one to visit and experience as my family enjoyed thank you

• Stayed October 2013
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

almost perfectly placed for London. Hayes railway station is seconds away but every train was packed to the rafters. Entrance to Staycity isn't easy to find and its not very clear exactly where you need to park your car. Once you overcome these niggles it really is a great place to have your own apartment. (don't expect your apartment to be ready if you're early. We had to hang about for an hour before the apartment was ready but to be fair we were early)

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Staycity Serviced Apartments London Heathrow? Share your experiences!