“Terrible service at the Sheraton.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow

You added Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow to your Saves list
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bath Road (A4) | London Heathrow Airport, Hayes UB3 5BP, England   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Hayes
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lubbock, Texas
“Terrible service at the Sheraton.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

Because our reservation got messed up (not the hotel's fault, or so they say), instead of the room with 2 beds we were given a room with 1 bed. Our request to change was turned down because, the check in person said, the hotel was full. As far as we could tell our floor was half empty, but never mind. We ordered then an extra bed, for which we were charged 25 pounds (!). Once we got to our room, we realized that the key did not work. My husband found a service phone near the elevator, and it took forever to get someone to answer the phone. Then it took them forever to finally send someone with new keys. Once we got in our room, we started waiting for the bed. We had to call again, Finally, the bed arrived-with a dirty sheet on top and no additional sheets or blankets. I asked the maid to bring some (she barely spoke or understood any English). She came back, dropped the stuff and left. For 25 pounds, I had the privilege of making my own bed! Yes, the bed was comfortable, and yes, the room was clean. But this level of service is unacceptable. The soundproofing also leaves something to be desired (maybe on the opposite side of the hotel things get better). It advertise high speed internet, and there is a cable, but it did not work. Wireless was for a fee, which at that point we refused to pay. Overall, I do NOT recommend this hotel unless management gets its act together. I read good reviews, but that was most definitely not my experience.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

So many un-gratious things to mention! When my husband and I arrived around 6pm, the front desk tried to get us upgraded to a club level at a special rate of 40 pounds (didn't mention that this rate is each until asked, so it's actually 80 pounds for two). We refused, and went up to our room only to find a note under the door that says in gist, "we're sorry, but due to maintenance, you won't have hot water tomorrow 9-5, and we're confident that you'll still have a nice stay despite that." This was totally unacceptable, first because they didn't even mention it at the front desk before we checked in; second, they didn't offer any sort of courtesy compensation for this somewhat disastrous situation for a traveler who needs to sleep in (that's the purpose of airport hotel in many cases, isn't it). We talked with the receptionist about this, and the receptionist was completely blase about it. After we kept on pursuing, the receptionist told us that they made a note for a day manager, so that he/she could give us one free breakfast or something. What choice really do we, wearied travelers, have at that point but to accept? So we accepted, and the next morning during breakfast, we were still charged and for an additional juice that was never ordered or given at that. We were successfully able to dispute it, but then of course, when we were checking out, we again had to dispute with the manager about the "free breakfast or something." Also, they charge for even a regular TV program, so if you're staying here, just watch out for the additional charge that they will impose on you every step of your way.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

I really enjoyed staying at the hotel, it was perfect for the function we had to attend and then catching an early morning flight from Heathrow. There was a great view of the runway, to see aircraft traffic but could not hear the noise inside the hotel. The place is perfect for an event and also to stay there. Good

• Liked — The view of the airport
  • Stayed September 2006
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

Was transiting through London on my way back from USA and took a nights halt in London. Nice hotel but felt it was very expensive. The breakfast spread was enjoyable and the business centre very useful, specially the free facility to check and amend my flight bookings
All in all, I did have a restful stay but a bit pricey

• Liked — room and comfortable bed
  • Stayed May 2009
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2009

As a frequent business traveller I need access to the internet but most Marriott's in Europe charge a fee while in the U.S. that do not. I would prefer free internet instead of a free breakfast. In today's economy I am forced to find a hotel that will offer me free internet access when I travel. My company will not reimburse me for internet access.

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
BTM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

Its been nice to stay there, lots of facility available. More specifically I loved their security and cleanliness. Awsome conference facility is added adventage

• Liked — Cleanliness and security
  • Disliked — Distance from Central London
  • Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

When all the hotels in London were completely full up this weekend, with the exception of one room at the Four Seasons London for four hundred pounds ++ and one 200 pound hotel near Wimbleton (with no room picture on the hotel website----a sure sign of a n/g hotel if there wasn't even a room photo on a website) the only hotels that were available were Heathrow airport hotels.

My American Express travel program was able to offer me a room at the Sheraton Skyline, just a few miles from the airport, for 70 pounds, which was a great deal on the day in question (the hotel rack rate was over 200 pounds!). The hotel, the Sheraton Skyline, is NOT a skyline hotel if one expects a high rise with "uber" views of Heathrow runways. In reality, it is a three story hotel, but tastefully refurbished with a very nice pool (covered--so useable year round---and nicely lit at night) that runs through the central courtyard of the hotel. The only thing it had in common with being a "skyline" hotel was that there was....a sky above the hotel, so don't be deceived by the name. It could have just as easily called itself the Sheraton Coastline Hotel---as there is a coastline in England. So let's just say that the marketing folks got creative when they had to pick a name for the hotel---and it fooled me into checking in there versus a few other hotels the American Express travel people gave me when I was booking the room over the telephone.

However, that being said, my room was freshly refurbished and very comfortable, and being a Sheraton, it had the "Heavenly" bed and bedding (which I do intend to buy in the near future)---a bed so comfortable that you never want to leave your room.

There was convenient bus service (running approximately every fifteen minutes) to get me back to the airport (it takes about 15 minutes travel time) and then I was able to connect easily to the Heathrow Express into London for another 18 pounds each way and that takes less than 30 minutes to London Paddington.

There was a sports bar/pub there that doubled as the coffee shop/restaurant, for the hotel's main restaurant is Italian ( although it serves a regular breakfast in the morning),but for lunch and dinner it's Italian and you need to head to the sports bar/pub if you are not in the mood for Italian food,

I would have much preferred to have stayed in the city, but I have to say that the hotel price was excellent and less than one third what I would have paid in the city for the same quality of hotel room, although certainly less convenient than staying in Central London. My biggest complaint (besides the hotel name being a bit of a fib) is the price of the local hotel phone. I made the mistake (thinking it would be cheaper) of calling a friend in London on the hotel phone, and the cost....for a 36 minute call to a local London cellphone number was 18 pounds....it would have been cheaper to have simply used my United States cellphone. In fairness to the hotel, they did have a phone call cost sheet by the phone, but it's colors blended into the room service menu, etc and I hadn't checked before I called---but I still never expected a price that expensive.

But as I was only traveling through for one night, and I only needed to make one trip in and out of London, I was happy with my stay there.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!