“Nice hotel close to the airport / not so close to the city centre” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow

You added Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow to your Saves list
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bath Road (A4) | London Heathrow Airport, Hayes UB3 5BP, England   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Hayes
Wellington, New Zealand
“Nice hotel close to the airport / not so close to the city centre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed for one night as a result of a missed connecting flight due to fog at Heathrow Airport. The room was very nice, clean and comfortable with a good sized bathroom. Unfortunately, the hotel restaurants were already closed when I arrived around 11 pm and I had to order room service which was open until midnight. There was a special breakfast room for delayed BA guest with a below average selection and quality of breakfast items. I assume that the quality of the standard hotel breakfast is much better.
The hotel has very good facilities and is conveniently located for Heathrow passengers (frequent shuttle service to and from the airport available for a small fee). However, it takes quite a while to get to the city centre (1 hour plus by public transport).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
SkylineManagement, Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear 5starbackpacker

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay and we thank you for your feedback.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Polish first
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I maanaged to get a good deal on this hotel through a 'mystery room' option on a website - brilliant surprise to find out it was this hotel. I last stayed here the night before heading to Hawaii on honeymoon, 7 years ago. The hotel was lovely - my room was beautiful and very comfortable. The hotel hoppa bus service is good, but I always hate waiting for it at the terminal - it seems to take ages and there's lots of exhaust smells. The transfer was fine though, nice and easy and there was a good option in the morning for getting my early flight. I didn't have breakfast or room service, but the pool area looked amazing from my window. It's a really nice hotel for the airport - it certainly made me feel quite comfortable and relaxed before my flight. The only problem was that I had issues getting onto the hotel wifi and I don't know what building materials they used but I couldn't get a 3G signal at all!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SkylineManagement, Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear noplacelikehome12

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to give you a relaxing start to your travels.
The Hoopa Bus is managed by the airport authority however I will ensure to pass your feedback to their control room.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for business trip (5 days), and enjoyed the stay very much. The gym is very well equipped, the breakfast is very good (for British hotels :) ), the room clean, the bed was very large and comfortable, service was also good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Alex P

We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Fullerton, Ca, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Hints: (1) excellent choice for overnight stay near Heathrow, especially if you are a Starwood member (2) lots of transportation options from the airport to the hotel. Once out of customs and through the shops: (A) quickest and simplest is just to follow the signs to the taxi stand - but that can be the most expensive way -10 to 15 GBP depending upon time of day, number of people and amount of luggage. (B) Hotel Hoppa bus - 4 GBP/ adult if purchased at self service machine in terminals - 4.50 GBP if from driver. Kids free. From terminals 1-3 follow signs to H-3 stop. Terminals 4-5 to H-53 stop. Runs about every 20 minutes and makes several stops before the Sheraton Skyline. (C) Cheapest is to follow the signs to the main bus station - it can be quite a walk, but there is a moving walkway present in some stretches. Buses # 105/111/140 and 285 all stop at Harlington Corner, which is in front of the Marriott and next to the Sheraton Skyline Heathrow. Bus transfer is free as this area around Heathrow is a "free zone". (3) Nice club rooms and very nice club lounge with daily happy hour for platinum members or people who book a club room.(4) Surprisingly good sound insulation for being so close to the airport - minimum traffic noise or take-off noise present in the rooms we have stayed in.
We usually prefer staying here when we need a hotel near Heathrow. We have stayed here several times in the past year. Normally everything goes very smoothly. There were significant problems with check-in this last time (2:00 PM on 2/23/2013.). Solo clerk at the desk - I was next in line after the small group that was already at the desk. My wife went over to the SPG gold/platinum desk, just in case another clerk came. The single check-in line started to get longer and longer as more and more people arrived and the clerk was busy with the group. I kept waiting for another clerk to appear - no such luck. I thought that there were no other staff available at this time. After almost 10 minutes in line (which seems like forever after a long flight from Los Angeles) and abut 18 other people (four couples and two small groups) lining up behind me, the clerk finally reached up, pressed a button below the front counter and two other clerks immediately appeared. They apologized for the wait, and then checked us in. My wife later told me that she could hear the other staff chatting in the adjacent room the entire time we were in line - either on a break or oblivious to the long line forming at the front desk. Room #3011 had a very poor mattress, especially on the side facing the hallway. We thought that we would be OK, as we have slept on much worse, but my wife had a very difficult night's sleep and ended up with a sore back all the next day. So, this particular front desk clerk needs additional training to help determine when assistance is needed and room # 3011 to be avoided until they get a new mattress.This particular negative experience will not defer us from booking here on our next trip, as hopefully it was an aberration. But if things are not up to their normal standard next time here, there are plenty of other hotel options in this area, including another Sheraton option that we have also booked quite frequently in the past - but we prefer to pay a little extra for the Sheraton Skyline Heathrow, rooms are a bit nicer and hotel usually better overall than the Sheraton Heathrow.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SkylineManagement, Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear JackR46

Thank you for your recent stay at The Sheraton Skyline. I am in receipt of your comments following your stay. I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and sincerely apologize for your disappointment. I agree that the arrival experience that you received was unacceptable and not to the standard that our team should be providing. Your arrival has been reviewed via our CCTV system to find further details as to why there was only one person on the desk as this typically is not the case. It has been determined that at that time, our Duty Manager was conducting a performance review with one of the ambassadors and therefore they were both in the office. Though I understand that these meetings must occur, I have discussed with the team that it must be ensured that they are done at the appropriate time as to not affect the operations of the desk and to not impact the service that we are providing. I am also following up with the full team in regards to asking for assistance immediately upon a line up forming as opposed to waiting until the line up is significantly bigger as was the case upon your arrival. In addition, I will speak with Housekeeping in regards to the mattress in your room and will have this replaced. I do apologize once again for the challenges with your stay.

Should you have any further question or concerns at any time, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist.

Warm Regards

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We've stayed here several times before a morning or early afternoon flight. Checking in and out is always quick and easy. The rooms are always clean and well-appointed. Thankful for the complimentary water that some places want to charge an arm and a leg for. Stopped for a drink in the Sports Bar but it was a bit crowded so we took our drinks over to the Garden Restaurant and ordered dinner. We both had the lobster bisque, which was very good. I had the vegetarian ravioli dish, which was excellent and my husband had a steak, which exceeded his expectations.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BarbaraE3

We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your husband back in the near future.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was great. Great location. Great food. Great spacious rooms but have connecting doors and noise is very loud from the rooms.

In the morning we were very polite to the man at the check out and mentioned it to him about the noise because of the connecting doors. The noise was so loud we could not sleep. he replied hopefully next time someone will complain about you. Just felt that there was no need for that comment!! Probably would be good if they let you no bout the connecting doors and noise.

Apart from that it is was a lovely hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear rahulmo

Thank you for review.

Could I please ask you to contact me directly so i can further investigate your comments regarding the morning reception staff member.

Folkestone
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed at the sheraton skyline the night before our flight. When my partner asked could we have a room at the front overlooking the runway, the very nice girl on reception changed our room for us, so we had a great view of planes taking off, but could not hear any noise from them. The room was spacious, comfortable and very clean.Also had a lovely swim in the pool, overall a very enjoyable stay, with friendly helpful staff.

Room Tip: If you like planes ask for a room at the front.