“Comfortable Day Room, available 9am-6pm” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow

You added Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow to your Saves list
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bath Road (A4) | London Heathrow Airport, Hayes UB3 5BP, England   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Hayes
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Perth, Australia
“Comfortable Day Room, available 9am-6pm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

After a hectic 5 week holiday around the UK, we booked one of The Sheraton Skyline rooms for the day while awaiting our return flight to Australia. We were met by an extremely helpful and friendly concierge who helped with our luggage and showed us to our room. We appreciated being able to relax and freshen up before our flight, the room was clean and the bed comfortable. The normal bus route stops right out front, this goes into Hampton Court and Kingston. We loved the Starbucks in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
SkylineManagement, Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Dear Guest

We have read your comments in your review with great pleasure.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and recognising the level of service you have received from the staff members of the hotel during your stay.

Hope we can have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

My mum and I stayed here the night before a flight to New York. Never having stayed here before (I tend to opt for the Arora down the road), I was not sure what to expect.

When checking in the staff were very helpful but could have done with not looking so miserable!! That aside, the hotel was lovely. We were told our room number and proceeded to get lost in what can only be described as a maze of corridors - however, once we reached our room, we were more than happy. It was extremely clean and well presented with an amazing view of one of the runways at LHR, we even saw the A380 coming in to land!!

We ordered room service which arrived promptly and was very nice indeed, even the wine was good!

This is another great hotel to use as a stop over or even as a base for travellers who want to see London, as there are plenty of bus services that take you to the airport terminals / tube stations.

I would certainly stay here again, and it wasn't too pricey either!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest

We have read your comments in your review with great pleasure.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we made you feel that you were at home away from home. I have addressed your comments regarding the friendlessness of the reception staff with the entire team as we are usually known for a great check in experience.

Hope we can have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Regards,
Miri, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

One of many Heathrow hotels it does the job really - finding your room is a mission as the corridors are all narrow and have a maze like feel but the rooms are big, nice view onto the pool which looks great although we didn't try it and everything worked.
Downsides - staff were not great - I arrived in a hire car with a young family and was quite a few bags - I had to get my own trolley and load it myself but I then could not get in as only a revolving door - my wife had to go and point this out to the 3 guys at the concierge desk who eventually opened a door for me but still offered no help with the bags.
Our room wasn't ready so we had to wait (we arrived after 2pm) but we eventually got in and someone did help with the bags to the room.
restaurant was average and pricey and minibar was exceptionally expensive but that is par for the course - do note you get charged for items in the minibar if you move them - we needed to store baby food so moved some wine and it went on our bill, although it was removed when I explained.

The service really hurt this place as it is a good hotel - the facilities are great, to rooms big, the beds comfortable.
The final issue was trying to book a taxi for the airport in the morning - again the concierge desk were unhelpful bordering on rude. They quoted 20GBP and I said that it seemed pricey and asked if there were any other, the reply of no was given without looking up and follow up - we ended up booking it as there was no choice and this seemed to be a massive inconvenience to the concierge who seemed more interested in his mobile phone and newspaper. To cap it all the taxi driver tried to overcharge us only to quickly back down when challenged, Not sure how close the link is between the hotel and taxi company but they are the only option they used - to be fair they were on time.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
SkylineManagement, Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, July 19, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I understand that our Duty Manager had already connected with you yesterday in regards to your arrival experience.
I can only assure you that this was an isolated incident and does not reflect the normal service delivered by the team.

Thank you once again for your loyalty to Sheraton and for allowing us to improve through your feedback.

Regards

Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

we stayed overnight en route to Rome.
We upgraded to executive, and well worth the expense, nice touch with the lounge and free drinks.
the beds and pillows are of exceptional quality, five star standard there, the room also very acceptable.
The pool area is stunning, a tropical oasis on the A4.
The only down side was the food, I had the pasta with confit duck and pancetta, a dish that really doesn't work on any level, the sauce was a rich stock reduction,
a nice sauce on the right dish but not with the pasta, after eating the pasta you are left with a bowl of said sauce, not pleasant to eat on it's own.

We also had the prawns with lemon grass steamed in a kilner jar, novel idea, but again all that fuss for nothing, the prawns were over cooked, again a dish for removal.

We started with bread and olives, good olives, terrible bread, for £5 I would expect more than a pre frozen bread roll. suggest simplifying the main courses and spending the saved time baking or sourcing a quality bread.

good place for a stop over, you will sleep well, but lose the pretentious dishes.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Malmö
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Fairly good hotel with a nice addition of the club lounge where continental breakfast is included. The pool however is cramped in among restaurant tables which takes away a lot of the interest to use it at evening time.

If you travel as a family I would not recommend the fold out extra bed, go for two king sized instead unless you enjoy a really hard bed. The Merriot right beside seems a lot more fresh inside in general...

• Stayed July 2011
SkylineManagement, Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, July 11, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We thank you for your constructive feedback, which will help us in improving our services.

Regards

Rooms Divisions Manager
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

We were on the way home and stayed here June 6 in order to make an early connection.
Used Starwood points; am a Gold level customer, normally love Sheratons.
Arrived around 1 PM; Staff was very friendly, room ready. Not put in a preferred room. Room was HOT so we set thermostat for a low temperature. Left and had a snack at the Starbucks in the lobby and took free bus to Picadilly line to London. The bellmen told us about the free bus to the tube stop and also that we had to prepay for the Hoppa for the next day to get back to the airport.
Came back around 10. Room was stifling. Checked thermostat and went down to front desk. Also asked for some free bottled water which gold members normally get; she said storage room was locked and could not get us any (although she did try to get key and then finally said there was not any in the storage room). Sent engineer up to room. He fiddled with the air & thermostat. said that if it does not come down that we should call him and he would return. It was already after 11 so we just went to bed. It never came down. In the morning it was ONE DEGREE COOLER! (eqivalent to 85 degrees Farenheit)
Also curtains on window were attached on a ceiling rod that detached from ceiling during the night and were halfway down by morning.
This hotel is near an active runway and sometimes you could hear the planes landing or taking off.
Last time we stayed at the Sheraton Heathrow, sorry we did not stay there again. I thought this Sheraton was rated a bit higher than the Heathrow but we must have gotten wrong information. Will go back to the Sheraton Heathrow if we have to overnight near airport again.

Room Tip: I have no idea; ours was horrible
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
SkylineManagement, Manager at Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, July 5, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I have to admit that I was very surprised by the response your were given when requesting additional bottled water. I can only assure you that I have shared your comments with the entire team to ensure we do not repeat such failures.

We are very embarrassed on the overall series of issues which you had to experience with us during your short stay at the Sheraton Skyline and I sincerely apologise for all the inconvenience you have gone through. I can only assure you that, these do not represent the quality of the service which we always strive to achieve in our hotel. I hope you will give us the opportunity to provide you an experience which we are known for.

Yours sincerely,

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

I stayed here for a business stop-over. Even though the hotel has been recently renovated, you can tell that it has tremendous throughput. My room was not very clean, the hallways were incredibly noisy (kept waking me up) and my bed was sunken in on one side (the side with the TV). Transportation to/from the hotel to LHR was also an issue--the bus runs every half-hour and in the morning it did not show up on schedule. I ended up waiting 20 minutes for a taxi and paying 4x the bus fee. Even though I was here for the night, I would not stay again. Next time I will opt for the Sofitel that has direct access to Terminal 5.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!