This Hotel, and the events surrounding it, turned out to be our worst thing that happened to us in the weeks we stayed in Europe. Thank God it was the last day of our vacation.
My wife, our 10-year old daughter and I booked through Holiday Inn for 2 rooms with a twin and a double since they did not have a triple for our last night in England. We wanted to be close to the airport for 7:00 AM flight. We told Holiday Inn we were getting to the airport by Underground train and would check in the afternoon-evening. No other information was given to us by Holiday inn.
We got to the airport Terminal 1 and found no information regarding hotel transportation. Asking at the Airport Information Desk we were told to buy a Hoppa Bus ticket (we were almost out of British pounds) at a booth. The booth was operated by two people selling everything under the sun including hotel reservations, tours, theater tickets and Hoppa Bus tickets. After waiting for almost an hour for three people get their stuff we got our Hoppa Bus tickets and proceeded through a small, hard-to- find, unmarked door to the bus stop. At the Bus Stop, there was a person selling ONLY Hoppa Bus tickets! Why didn't the Airport Information Desk know that?
We get to the Hotel and they have our reservations but tell us the Hoppa Buss will not be running when we needed to be at the airport (5:00 AM). We demanded a refund of the Hoppa Ticket which the clerk gave us and asked for alternative solutions. We were told to take TWO CABS or a VAN at a price that was seemed almost 1/4 the cost of our rooms (£12.00). We were so angry; the clerk finally told us how to EASILY take the city bus for FREE to the airport at 4:30 AM.
We get to the rooms and found we got two doubles which was miserable for my wife who had a very difficult time sleeping with our wiggly daughter. We were at that point too upset and tired to change our rooms.
We feel Holiday Inn-Heathrow-Ariel had made it miserable for us because they failed to tell us of the unique, difficult and costly travel requirements from the hotel and airport and return, and giving us the wrong accommodations.
COMMENT: HELLO!! The Olympics are coming soon to England folks. Heathrow and the Hotels better get their act together, and soon!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn London Heathrow Ariel is located conveniently just minutes away from London Heathrow Airport with the new Terminal 5. We are a short ride on the Heathrow Express from Central London. Being the first Airport Hotel at Heathrow we know what it takes to make it feel 'home from home'. We offer our guest's designed blackout rooms with double glazed windows to help with a good nights sleep and a fresh start before your meeting or a long flight. The Holiday Inn London Heathrow Ariel offers Airport Parking at very competitive rates. Either flying for business or leisure, you can benefit from our Park and Fly package All the bedrooms and the public area have Air Conditioning and HSIA (High Speed Internet Access) The Holiday Inn London Heathrow Ariel offers a fully equipped, purpose built conference centre for your meeting and training needs. The Airport Shuttle operated by BAA & National Express, Hotel Hoppa H6 runs to & from the hotel and Heathrow Airport terminals 1, 2 & 3 and Hotel Hoppa H56 runs to & from the hotel and Heathrow Airport terminals 5 every 15 minutes everyday. Adult price is 4.00 per person one way. From Terminal 4, take the Heathrow Express (Free) to T1, 2 & 3 and then take the Airport Shuttle as above. Kids Stay & Eat Free* *Terms and Conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel Hotel Hayes
- Holiday Inn Hayes
- Hayes Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel Hayes, UK - Middlesex