“Old fashion and not very good service” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Hayes
“Old fashion and not very good service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed in this hotel just for one night as I had an early flight. The room is quite small but I can understand it as we're in London. The room decoration is from 30 years ago. You can easily hear you neighbours talking or having a shower. Finally, I had a problem with the toilet, it didn't flush properly, they sent someone to have a look and she mentioned there was nobody from maintenance (that was at 8 p m) and I should wait until next day (not very useful). I've been in many Holiday Inn, this has been the worse one.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
North Conway, New Hampshire, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I was originally booked to fly out of Birmingham to Boston, but the 23 hour aerial tour of Europe got less and less desirable. I was able to check out of Birmingham a day early and arranged a stay over at the Ariel, flying out 1 December directly out of Heathrow. I was greeted at the front desk by friendly yet efficient staff. All amenities were explained thoroughly and they took over taking my case to my room for me. Although the hotel is at the edge of Heathrow (one can see planes when going out the front door), it was well insulated and quiet. The room was clean and comfortable. There was some kind of party or disco downstairs Saturday night but not a disturbance. The people next door were a bit boisterous returning to their room but did not carry on. I had elected to have dinner served in my room. It arrived promptly, hot and well done. Front desk staff set up my early morning wake up call and a car to take me to Heathrow and both were prompt. Although on holiday, I would probably stay at a more centrally located hotel but if I need to stay at a Heathrow hotel, my first choice would be at the Ariel. It was clean, comfortable, convenient, friendly, and efficient.

Room Tip: A second floor or above will be quieter if there are functions. Also as the hotel is circular, a ro...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Cornwall
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed here, as many do, for one night before an early flight the next day. Having stayed at many HI's in my time this one is fairly average and typical of larger city locations. Bus dropped me off outside hotel which was good and free from airport. When I arrived there was a coach party arriving so I joined a long queue however I was soon hauled out and taken to the empty check-in desk which was good. Very quick and efficient process. My Gold priority status was recognised which was nice.
Room was on the inside, so quiet but small but okay otherwise, clean and functional, a tad cold to be honest. The air blowers are not the best heating system really.
I ate in the hotel, not much option really although MacDonald's is close by. The food was okay, just, but quick in coming and the service was attentive.
Free wifi is good for Gold members but it should be free in all hotels in this day, when traveling in Indo-China it is free in all hotels and most public places.
I was a bit surprised to see so many glasses int he walkways, these need to be cleared more regularly.
I had to leave at 5.30am, the bus picks up at the hotel, small charge £4 I think it was. The hotel puts on tea and coffee in reception which is good however I think a hotel that is so close to an airport should offer breakfast much earlier, from 4.30 at least, continental would suffice.
Overall it does the job, I would say again for the convenience.

Room Tip: Inside is quiet but small room
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Robert G, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Newquaygreen

Thank you for your detailed review and its great to see that there were elements of your stay, especially in the service that you appreciated.

We value your feedback and hope to see you again soon on your next visit.

Many thanks

Robert Galway
Operations Manager
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very close to Heathrow terminals. The inside rooms are quieter but very very tight, the outer rooms larger but noisier. The amenities are good for a tight place. The desk staff are very nice and quite accommodating. I would recommend booking ahead.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Laura E, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thanks for your review of our uniquely circular hotel- its great isn't it?!
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Lovely hotel really nice staff really friendly and helpful, had a nice breakfast. Only downfall is the parking charges, seems to be a lot of money staying in the hotel. Would use the hotel again if up that way, nice meals in the bar of an evening.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks for your review- looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Best Wishes

NH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I just arrived late from overseas and figured staying by the airport made since before my train trip in the morning.

The price was great. And the Hoppa Bus does really add to the price that much.
I walked into the disco.. I mean hotel about 11pm. When I talked to the clerk I literally could not hear her replies as the music was so loud.
She gave me a free drink coupon (YEAH!!) but the music was so loud I did not avail myself.
I could hear the music pumping when I got to my room as I was on the 2nd floor almost above the bar. I decided to check email before going to bed. Couldn't get on the internet.. there is no 'complimentary' button on the site. I go back downstairs and there is a queue at reception (not that they would have heard me anyway).... I returned back to my room. I was up at 4am... and went downstairs to see if I could get internet access. I was given a special code.. which is fine.. but why have all papers say 'click' here?.. just give out the codes to begin with.

I checked out at 7am and went to the train station without having really slept. Miserable day. The whole reason I flew over in the day was to avoid jet lag.... and get a good night's sleep.

I am all for loud parties.
I am all for hotels making money.
But does the Ariel really want to rent out their bar for a holiday party? The hotel seems to cater to the airport crowd.... which typically involves sleeping and odd hours.

The person who checked me out saw that I was tired (I didn't complain). ..and gave me 1000 points for my troubles. It was a nice gesture and she should be commended.

Room Tip: High floors not near the bar.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, I was obviously disappointed to see that you have left our hotel unhappy. Please contact me direct using laura.eggleton@ihg.com so that I can make good your impression of our hotel and ensure that you want to return.

Kind Regards

Carefree, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I arrived late for a one night stay before leaving London the next day. I had flown in from Paris, caught the Hoppa right to the hotel, got checked in quickly, and had a drink. The staff was friendly and helpful with my next day's Hoppa schedule. It is a convenience location to the airport and I would definitely stay there again. I had the buffet breakfast which was good with plenty of food before boarding a flight to the US.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Robert G, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Beth H

Thank you for sharing your review of your stay with the trip advisor community. I am delighted you had a short but sweet stay and we set you up nicely for your flight.

Hope to see you again soon on your next travels in or out of Heathrow.

Many thanks

Robert Galway
Operations Manager

Been to Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel? Share your experiences!