“Good hotel handy for the Airport” 5 of 5 stars

Park Here, Fly There
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Hayes
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Leicesteshire, England
“Good hotel handy for the Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2006

My family and I booked this hotel through Holiday extras (-)as we had an early flight to the States. We stayed there on April 04th 2006 for 1 night, it cost us £139 for a quad room with 15 days on site parking which I though was an excellent deal. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by the receptionist and checked in very smoothly she also explained about the parking and the restaurants ect in the hotel. After reading the reports about the Airport Hopper bus we took every ones advice and booked a taxi through the hotel. The room was very nice, big clean and full of amenities the view wasn't that great but as we were only there one night it didn't really mater that much. As the kids were hungry we decided to take them to the Mc Donald's just down the road rather than eat in the hotel so I cannot comment on them. The next morning we got up and went to the reception the taxi turned up that the hotel had booked this was the mistake we made as the taxi's that the hotel book for you are like Limo's and cost us £18 for a 5 minute journey, my advise is to book a normal cab from just across the road at the large taxi rank. We did this for the return to the hotel from the Airport which cost £8. I would recommend this hotel especially at the price we paid.

• Stayed April 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Polish first
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2006

I have stayed at this hotel many times and always keep coming back for the same reasons...in my experience it's up to what I expect for Marriott standards and it's very close to Heathrow making an early morning departure much less of a hassle than coming out from central London. What many people don't know is that you can get to and from the hotel from Heathrow free of charge by bus. I don't particularly like busses but this is just too good a deal to pass up. Upon arrival you go to the Central Bus Station. A 5 minute ride on the #111 literally takes you to the front door of the hotel and you simply tell the bus driver that's where you're going and there's no charge. To return you walk a short distance to the street corner, cross the street and wait at the bus stop on the other side. One of several busses (e.g., #140)will take you back to Heathrow..again about 5 minutes with no charge. I've never eaten at the hotel but the rooms have always been what I expected. I will stay here again unless I'm in London for more than a day or so.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2006

Amazed to find this the top hotel around Heathrow, firstly never book at the airport I was quoted £190 for a room & stupidly settled for £160! Ok that was Mea Culpa but the room was small to say the least with paint coming off the ceiling. Annoyed at having to pay £15 extra for internet services, supposed 24hr line that did not work in the morning (did manage to get a refund). Tried to order supposed 24hr hot food late for my room was told no hot food & settled for stale bread sandwich! No robes in small unimpressive bathroom, poor reception on TV. The girl in the sports style bar was very nice & told me the other bar was a rip-off! Restaurants were nothing special but that is not what the menu prices would have you believe! Oh and paid 50p for chewing gum in their shop! All in all a joke is it any wonder I don't live in the country any more, and this is No1 stay at the terminal that is my advice!!!!

• Stayed March 2006
Glasgow Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2006

Stayed one night and found this hotel to be well worth the extra £10 it cost over the 3star budget style airport hotels at the £50 level. Make sure however you surf for a few minutes as I almost paid the Marriot On line rate of £82 before I booked with another online agent that offered the same basic double room for £61.Another reviewer mentioned the Hotel Hoppa fiasco. I completely agree. The waiting area etc is a disgrace. National Express the operator offer a return ticket for £5 as opposed to two £3 singles. However they make it so difficult to purchase a return I don't know why they bother.A taxi would be £10 and unless your on your own or really on a tight budget this has got to be the best option.

• Stayed January 2006
Connecticut, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2006

There are many hotels in the Heathrow vicinity but we decided to stay at the Marriott on Hayes Road. This will be short and sweet.
5 star everything.
Pay the extra and enjoy this magnificent hotel, albeit I guess most stays are just for one night, this hotel was outstanding.

newcastle upon tyne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2005

This is a good hotel, its a Marriott and its no different to many of the hotels on the strip, but when I stayed they had a Christmas party on the 1st floor, I was on the 3rd and my walls where pulsing with the sounds of the noise below 2 floors up!
I complained to the night staff but was told the party was finishing at 1 am. I chose to stay at a LHR airport as I had to be up at 6 for an early flight...what a waste of time and money, hardly slept a wink. Now I have no doubt when there are no parties going on then I would have had a good nights rest, but please beware, check if they have any large parties going on before you book, if they have book elsewhere.
Dining was ok I ate in the american diner and paid £190 for 7 of us whicj including drinks was not too bad.
I was on a b&b basis but did see a group of 4 who weren't the staff were trying to charge them £60 for fruit and coffee!...so check what your rate includes and what breakfast costs.
Having said all this I am staying there again in March 06...better be no parties on or I'm pulling out the plug!
Lastly don't use the hotel hoppers they are an expensive joke, it took me longer to get to the hotel than my flight did to LHR, bus tickets are £3 each so cost me £6 for my wife and myself. I booked a cab back to T4, cost me £10 hotel arranged it and was about 10 mins, the bus was 1 1/2 hours. Next time I will pre-book a cab to collect me from the airport...no way am I taking the bus, the staff, useless, arguing amongst themselves, driver tried to give my case to someone else, they are an embarrassment to the UK.

• Stayed December 2005
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2005

This is my third time staying at the Heathrow Marriott in the last 18 months. The primary reason to stay at this hotel is proximity to Heathrow and or business.

It is very easy to get the hotel from Heathrow. Just ask someone for directions to the "Hoppa Bus". The Hoppa buses are constantly going through the airport and surrounding hotels, dropping off and picking up customers. A ticket costs $3 pounds, which you can purchase from the driver w/cash or from a machine that takes credit cards and cash.

The Hotel is very well maintained, check in is very efficient and staff are plesant. Early/late check in's/check outs are never a problem here.

There are several restaurants w/in the hotel all of which are adequate. However, I do agree w/a previous poster and agree that it is worth the savings to take a short walk over to the Pheasant for lunch or dinner. Just ask the concerige for directions. Another good restaurant but not in walking distance is Achari Indian restaurant, terrific curries if that is your thing.

My only complaints about are that I find the pillows far too firm and the mini bars do not chill the contents.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business

Been to London Heathrow Marriott? Share your experiences!