“Lovely modern clean hotel, food a pricey!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park Here, Fly There
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Hayes
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Lovely modern clean hotel, food a pricey!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We are a family of four who stayed here as part of a Legoland package. We are not avid hotel stayers but we do like luxury! This hotel was perfect for us. It's quite grand and modern, the staff were really friendly and helpful. Our room was really lovely, totally spotless. The beds were so comfortable, and the room was really quiet. Lovely fluffy big bath towels provided too.

There is no free WIFI as others have already said, I think this is a shame for a 4 star hotel, and one that is used by professional people on business trips. Our children wanted to use their iPods and so were a little annoyed they couldn't get on the WIFI!

The food in the restaurants looks great but it is so pricey £18 for fish and chips. As a family on a budget we ended up walking up the road to McDonalds and spending £20 on meals for all of us. Shame but we really just couldn't afford the food.

Breakfast was good, there is a chef on hand to make fresh waffles and pancakes.

We had an incident where the spare wheel to our car was stolen overnight whilst the car was parked in the car park. The hotel were really great and took all the information filling out an incident form.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Polish first
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My usual layover in London (transit).

This is the second time that i am staying here in a few months and the Hotel is slowly growing on me.

I had a long flight/encountered problems getting to the Hotel by Hoppa Bus. When i arrived i was made to feel at ease by 'Sylwia'-the lady at the reception.

I had a good night sleep on a comfortable table, top floor (Room 5076), quiet corner room.

I'll be back here in few weeks

Room Tip: Corner Room
Green Features: Discover it for yourself but Marriott environmentally practices is well documented.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Rugby
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

On the face of it this is an adequate hotel with good facilities and reasonable rooms, good links to the airport terminals.
It's disappointing though when you pay a base rate and think you have a good deal, that when you arrive you find out parking, wifi and breakfast are not included.
This makes me think there are better value options to try elsewhere and I'll be doing so next time because of this reason and this reason only.

Stayed September 2014
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My colleagues and I always stay here, usually it's a one night layover on our way back to Canada from Europe and UK. The hotel has great food and friendly staff...we'll always stay here. However, stay in a room away from the elevators...the housekeeping staff are extremely noisy in the morning moving in and out of rooms. The doors are very heavy in the hotel and the staff let them slam shut behind them making constant loud thumps.

Room Tip: stay in a room as far away from the elevators and service areas.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Anglesey, North Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband, myself, my son, daughter-in-law and two children stayed here for one night before an early flight to Australia. Our two rooms were spacious and large enough to accommodate a cot without compromising the available space and the beds were wonderfully comfortable.

Parking, at £30 a night, is expensive but we paid for an upgrade package which included parking, Wi-Fi, entrance to the Executive Lounge and breakfast and proved to be well worthwhile.

The staff were all friendly and very helpful with our various requirements and we would certainly choose to stay here again if we fly from Heathrow.

Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

As others have said, no WiFi in rooms is a major issue since the lobby is small and crowded. They do offer you an upgrade - a better room and WiFI in room but when I went back and asked if there was a charge - yes 41 pounds. The front desk clerk could have said this when she offered. She left us thinking it was free because we are elite Marriott guests. This charge is very expensive for WiFi and a bigger room! Rooms are usual Marriott and quiet despite being located at the airport. We ate in one of the restaurants and I have to say both my sister and I thought it was the most tasteless hamburger we've ever had. And very, very expensive. I would not recommend and won't be staying here again. There are other hotels along the Bath Road area with the same service to the airport.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the London Heathrow Marriott;

I am sorry to hear about the communication errors you experienced regarding your upgrade. Naturally, I was disappointed to hear the offer of an upgrade was not made clear either way, and your stay was affected by this. We do have plenty of seating space in our 8 storey high lobby, which indeed has complimentary wifi, however it must have been particularily busy during your stay with us, as it can feel busy if there has been an event in the hotel, or we have a large group staying with us, and I apologise that the atmosphere we aim to achieve in our lobby was not.

With regards to your burger, I have passed your comments on to our Food and Beverage team who will continue to assure quality in all our food items; we are required to cook all Marriott Burgers to 'well done' which I absolutely understand are not to many people's taste. Nonetheless, I apologise this was not explained during your visit to the restaurant.

If you ever return to the area, please ensure to contact me prior to your visit, and I will ensure we will make your stay brilliant.

Again, thank you for your feedback, it is through responses such as yours that we can continue to improve and truly be the best we can be.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Farrah Azam
Guest Relations Manager
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel was okay but the most disappointment was no FREE Wifi in the rooms. It would be nice when you ask the customer representative at the front desk re wifi they would provide u with some kind of a code that u can put in to use free wifi in the bedrooms.

Was a very disappointing stay due to no WIFI in rooms

Room Tip: ask for upgrade if possible
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your review of our hotel; it is good to hear you found your stay satisfying.

We currently offer free wifi throughout all of our public areas within the hotel; we also offer packages to include internet in your accommodation charge upon check in. We look forward to notifying you further of these on your next stay with us!

Kind regards,

Farrah Azam

Guest Relations Manager

Been to London Heathrow Marriott? Share your experiences!