“Parts need a refresh” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Hayes
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Parts need a refresh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night for a conference in the adjacent Radisson. The hotel looks modern from the outside and the foyer is the same, with a Starbucks. Even the bedroom I had was good, but the bathroom was dated and in need of some investment. This didn't impact my visit too much and I slept well, even though I forgot to switch on the air conditioning. Apart from a coffee and snacks, I didnt try the eating facilities. It wasn't the cheapest of nights, but great if you are going through the airport.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the London Heathrow Marriott Hotel; all feedback is appreciated and used to improve, and we are discussing your comments with our management team.
We do indeed offer Starbucks coffee in our lobby, which is a great benefit for anyone taking an early flight!

I hope to welcome you back to see us in the near future: next time I suggest you try our italian style Tuscany restaurant, which can awaken even the most weary of traveller!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Polish first
Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Booked into the Marriott London Heathrow , prior to our departure to the USA , as we wanted to see London ,then increased our stay time to three days , although our room was OK , it was disappointing that the only Wi-Fi was in the Foyer so had to leave our room travel down amongst in/out going Pax find a seat , or stand , make your connection then Don't move , , Three days well we can put up with that , Resturant well The menu had no flair after waiting some time for our soup , and noticing that other tables had been served , asked what the problem was , Whoops our soup had gone to another table , no worry waiter removed soup from other table ,( that had ben tried ) and placed in front of us , including his thumb in the now cold soup , , enough is enough , said we would eat somewhere else , he recommended a Pub a short walk away ( Great and top food ) , Informed us that Staff always recommend this eating House , day one over looked forward to Breakfast , very good ,, But on the second Day Told no Breakfast till we pay for it ? , only the first Morning free ,? FREE all through the Uk when booking I always booked for Bed and Breakfast , had I booked every day indevidualy then Breakfast complimentary , Im a ITO I know when Im getting ripped of , , again out for breakfast , whilst waiting for our friends decided to have a Coffie , another mistake , although Hotel Marriott Airport having a national Franchise staff had had no training on the product , Checking out was also a delima ,but after a stern talk with the Duty Manager ( House Manager not available ) an Apoligy was forthcoming . this Hotel could be one of the best , but I informed them problems start from the Top , Staff readerly agreed . This is the first negative report whilst traveling throught England

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us; I would truly appreciate it if you could e-mail me directly at farrah.azam@marriotthotels.com with your contact details, in order for me to discuss this further with you.

los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Hotel is 5 min from Heathrow airport. Shuttle bus (5 quids) runs regularly. Looked recently renovated. Rooms are very comfortable. Wifi is fast. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. A bit expensive but this is London.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of London Heathrow Marriott; we love your tag line - "friendly staff and comfortable rooms" - they certainly are the key elements to a brilliant travel experience!

I do hope we can welcome you back to stay with us in the near future.

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I am a frequent traveler and don't remember ever experiencing this type of service--from everyone at the hotel. I stayed twice in two weeks and was treated as an old friend when I returned--front desk (Sonia); conceriege (Vicaz); restaurant (Kasha). Excellent sound proofing as advertised--lovely beds, very clean. Executive club is a nice retreat.
Marriott, this hotel (and the Residence Inn, Duke St., Old Town Alexandria) are examples for others! They are why I rely on Marriott for reliable quality on my frequent travels.
Also, generous and delicious breakfast. A large buffet so no waiting or you can linger if not in a hurry.

Room Tip: My room looked into the lobby which is alittle stange but it was quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you so much for your very complimentary review of not only our hotel, but our valued hosts! We will ensure your commendations are relayed to them, and their brilliant service recognised.

It is wonderful to have provided a welcome retreat for you during your busy schedule of travelling, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I booked the London Heathrow Marriott hotel for the last night of my recent trip to Europe so that I can go Heathrow airport easily the next day.

It was a very nice stay for me, as I had stayed in a tiny room in London for several nights before this. The room are big, clean; the king size bed are very comfortable; and the bathroom is roomy. There is no wi-fi in the room, only wired internet, but the lobby has plenty place to sit if you want to use free wi-fi there.

bus 423 from airport will take you to the hotel free of charge, or you can take the hotel hopper bus (#53) from airport.

I will definitely stay here again next time if I need to stay in the airport area.

One more thing, there is another Marriott hotel (Heathrow/Windsor Marriott), so make sure you double check the hotel name before you book or jump on the hotel hopper bus.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us!

We are delighted to have provided you with an enjoyable stay for your last night here with us in London; indeed, many guests appreciate our large guest bedrooms and bathrooms, with much room to work, relax and socialise!

Thank you for your tip regarding the National Express service from Heathrow Airport; there is indeed another Marriott within close vicinity to ours, and so it is Hoppa service H53 and H3 which serves our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon!

Chatsworth, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Reception was very friendly - The rooms are oversized compared to most European rooms.

The amenities were all there ...The Italian restaurant wasn't very good - and it was overpriced.

The internet service at the hotel sucked ..
I suggest NOT taking the bus to / from the airport - just take a cab,

I would definitely stay at this property again..

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to the Executive area
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for your review and compliments rearding our staff; it is certainly one of our highest priorities to provide a warm welcome and briliant stay to each guest staying with us!

I would truly value your specific feedback regarding your experience in our Tuscany Ristorante, as well as your internet service; please contact me directly at farrah.azam@marriotthotels.com.

I look forward to hearing from you, and welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I was disappointed in this hotel. It may be adjacent to the runway, but it is nowhere near the terminal. Getting there is a logistical nightmare. There is a bus that will take you there for £4.50, but there were easily 75 people in line, and the bus makes numerous stops, so we opted for a taxi since we had been traveling for a long time, it was late, and we were exhausted. Problem is, the fare isn't quite high enough for a cab driver to want to take the job, so I had to bribe the cabbie with the promise of a big tip after being refused a couple of times. Once at the hotel, the bed was awful - sunken in the middle like a hammock and terribly lumpy. The only saving grace was a good air conditioner. The a/c is the only reason this property got two stars rather than one. I would definitely not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the London Heathrow Marriott; it is so disappointing to hear that your stay with us was not satisfactory. I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me directly at farrah.azam@marriotthotels.com, in order for me to investigate this further for you and provide a resolution - we surely want to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to London Heathrow Marriott? Share your experiences!