“My first choice at Heathrow” 5 of 5 stars

Free WiFi + Late Checkout
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Hayes
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Western part
“My first choice at Heathrow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I've stayed at a few different hotels around Heathrow airport over the years. The Marriott Heathrow Airport is my first choice and the one I come back to.
They are a busy airport hotel, but they do it better than anybody else in my experience. Yes, they have lot of people checking in when there are flight crews coming in, but really, that happens a lot and I've never, ever been delayed by it. The staff at the hotel is efficient, and the check in process is amongst the fastest I see, flight crews/lineups or not. And furthermore, they've always found a room for me, I've never had to wait.

Anyway, about this visit When I come to this hotel, I've either just come in from a long flight, or just about to go on one. This time, I was arriving and it was great to settle down in familiar, comfortable surroundings. They did come in to fix a light on the bed. I didn't have to call them about it, they just came in and did it - two maintenance gentlemen. They said they'd be "five minutes" and actually they were. Pleasant and efficient. I did have the opportunity to briefly see the GM on the way out, and I profoundly regret not taking the opportunity to tell him how nicely run his hotel is. The staff is delightful and I come to this hotel even when I am paying out of my own pocket. When you see what's all going on in this place, from the flight crews to the events, to the travellers coming and going at all hours, it is really quite amazing.

There was only one sad thing, some of the staff had gone on. I've had some fond memories of them going above and beyond like running to the bus when I had to change my flight, finding me rooms at odd hours when they were in fact quite full, and just general pleasantness. Apparently when you do a good job, you get promoted, and of course, they have a lot of staff that do a good job, and do get promoted. Although they will be missed, I noticed that the nice young lady who checked me in this time, although new at it, was just as efficient, just as welcoming and obviously not only well trained but committed to the job. Well done.

Trip advisor only lets you write a review every six months or so, and I end up often staying in this hotel more often than that, so I can't write a review every time. However, I enjoy my stay every time. It is because of the concierge that I know that the local busses are free, and which ones to take. It is because of the concierge that I know where to get laundry done quickly and at a reasonable price. I've never had a housekeeping problem at this hotel. And when I go by the housekeeping staff, they are quite pleasant and nice. I really like them. The breakfast in Allie's restaurant is pretty good. You are greeted by a pleasant host, the guy who cooks the omelettes does them how you ask, pleasantly and efficiently, even though he is often quite busy.

I'll be booking this hotel again in the near future.

Room Tip: Just don't stay in the ones near the doors coming into the hallway by the elevators, those are a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you so much for your absolutely wonderful, detailed and thorough review of our hotel. Our team were certainly proud and pleased after reading it.

I am delighted to hear you experienced the level of service we are so proud to give at each of our outlets, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel 6 times in past year and have always found the staff to be friendly and the rooms nice. They offer access to the executive lounge for a price - which is also quite nice. Overall I would recommend this hotel. It has everything you need.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such a pleasing review of our hotel. I am glad we are able to serve your needs, and look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in future!

Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have stayed several times at this London Heathrow hotel and find it to be very comfortable, well connected and a good hotel over all. During my several trips to London either in transit or otherwise, we have chosen this hotel over other Airport hotels and so far we have been quite happy.

Rooms are of fairly decent size, even after two queen beds there is enough room to stretch out. The bathroom is a bit small and quite tight if I may say so. Amenities are standard and nothing very special. The restaurant is the highlight of this hotel. The breakfast spread is vast and excellent choice of food, very good taste and served with lots of care. Otherwise also the restaurant menu for dinner and lunch is very well designed and we hardly had anything outside,

The Hotel has good connectivity with Airport shuttles and connects to train stations, bus stations and other major landmarks. A square box design of the exterior, this Hotel is definitely a good pick for any one looking for a stay around London Heathrow.

Room Tip: Any room is good enough.....
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! It was lovely to read by all of our team.

I am delighted to hear we are your choice when staying in Heathrow, and look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Relatively easy to get to by bus (15 minutes) from Terminal 1 and 3, nice rooms and bathrooms. The executive lounge offers decent food and drinks between 5.30 and 7.30 p.m and still cheese and dessert up to 9.30 p.m., breakfast is very good too. Staff was very friendly, check in process efficient.

Room Tip: Ask for room to the courtyard, very quiet compared to some other rooms as runway is close.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel - I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay!

I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Cochrane, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We only stayed for one night between flights. The hotel can easily be reached with the Hoppa bus from the airport. It is an older hotel but very nice. The room we had was spacious and nice, the bed very comfortable and all was nice and clean. Only the carpet might need some shampooing. We were worried a bit about it being so close to the airport but we didn't hear any planes in our room. The hotel had a great, clean pool as well with change rooms and towels are provided there, too. Also loved the noon check out which gave us enough time to relax before our flight.
We were extremely disappointed by the restaurant. Only the American Grille was open when we were there. Dinner was overpriced and not good at all. We didn't eat much and the waitress didn't seem to care when we told her. We would have been better off to just go the McDonalds down the street. Breakfast was served there as well and was just as bad. Definitely not worth the 15 pounds they charge.
They do charge a ridiculous 15 pounds a day for internet in the room. But they do provide free internet in the lobby which we then used.
So: Great hotel for an overnight stay. But avoid the restaurant.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Farrah A, Guest Relations Manager at London Heathrow Marriott, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed our facilities such as the leisure club and clean, spacious rooms.

I would be grateful if you could contact me directly regarding your meal in our restaurant on farrah.azam@marriotthotels.com, in order to provide us with further information regarding your experience.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I was going to give this hotel a three star rating. However, the extra level of service provided by the front desk staff was exceptional. Nothing was a problem for them; when I made a couple of enquiries their response really did go that extra mile and demonstrated that they really understand the customer's needs. In fact, the staff in all parts of the hotel were really friendly and helpful. The rooms, whilst clean and comfortable, are pretty standard by Marriott standards (even with the Platinum Elite upgrade). That said, the bed is comfortable and though there is no walk-in shower the one in the bath functions pretty well. What I really liked about this property was the breakfast - they even do veggie sausages and have an excellent choice for non-meat eaters, in general. The gym is functional; though the pool is a bit small and not particularly well designed for people who want a proper fitness swim as opposed to a simple dip. Overall, this is a great spot for anyone needing an overnight in Heathrow.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel - it is brilliant to hear the quality of service and care from our staff is what stood out for you during your stay!

Our team will be delighted with this feedback and I look forward to sharing it with them.

I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Sussex, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed here 10 years ago and the hotel didn't seem to have changed very much! The rooms and decor are rather tired (no flat screen tv's) and need refurbishing. BUT…they were very clean and comfortable and the reception staff all very helpful. A very short transfer to the airport which is a bonus during rush hour. The bar is dark and cavernous with not much atmosphere, and drinks expensive. Very busy, but checkout efficient.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review for our hotel.

I am pleased to hear you were ablt to join us once again after 10 years, and enjoyed your stay. It is lovely to hear you experienced the exceptional service of our staff, even during peak periods.

I am sure you will be delighted to hear a refurbishment of our hotel is planned for 2014.

We look forward to welcoming you back once again soon!

Guest Relations Manager

Been to London Heathrow Marriott? Share your experiences!