“Comfortable convenience near Heathrow” 4 of 5 stars

Park Here, Fly There
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Hayes
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dallas, TX
“Comfortable convenience near Heathrow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Had a layover here recently and spent the evening at the Marriott. The hotel was great. Check in was quick and friendly and my room was spacious, comfortable and well equipped. It was located on an interior atrium and was quiet. A nice convenience was multiple styles of outlets at the working desk and in the bathroom.

The only issue I had with the hotel is getting to/from Heathrow. The shuttle is run by the airport and it costs 4 pounds each way. Tickets had to be purchased at a counter inside the airport. You could buy the round trip, but be advised if using a credit card, there was a 10-pound minimum.

There are several restaurants in the hotel and a bar with an outside seating area. There was also an executive business lounge that was free to Marriott Gold members, but I didn't use it. The hotel is close to a small town that has several pubs within a short walk. I walked a little over a half mile to the White Hart pub just off the main road. I would recommend taking the walk to get a little bit of the English pub scene without having to make your way into the city.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Polish first
Lusaka, Zambia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed at London Heathrow Marriott as part of a layover between two long flights. Getting to the hotel is easy, using the "Hotel Hoppa" shuttlebus. The hotel staff was uniformly cheerful, welcoming and polite, the food was terrific, and the room extremely comfortable. The staff is clearly used to the needs of international travelers - they will find out terminal locations and provide flight information, they offer different types of wall outlets and plug configurations to make sure that you can plug in your electronics,and when I had requests that were somewhat out of the box, they were able to find ways to help me. They were equally helpful and patient with questions they must have heard a hundred times from travelers, and took extra time to help me get where I needed to go, despite the front desk being swarmed with other guests. I highly recommend this hotel!

Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have stayed at the Marriott Heathrow several times, as I like to stay near the airport on my way in, and on my way out of the UK, where I go often.I have had no problems there. There are two restaurants on site, both are good (one italian, one a steak house). There is a bar set-up in the lobby. Also, they serve Starbucks, but, it isn't a "real" Starbucks, just a concessionary run by the restaurant staff. The breakfast has a good buffet selection. The only downside is that it is almost impossible to get coffee brought to you and they insist on bringing it to your table instead of letting it be self serve. The hotel is getting a bit long in the tooth in terms of the carpet, lobby, etc, although the furniture and bathroom were in good shape in the rooms. Service at check-in is excellent. I found the mattress extremely soft (not my personal preference). There is a free bus to the Tube station, and a "Hotel Hopper" which will take you to the airport, so it is quite easy to get from here to either of these two places. There are many hotels around, including the Sheration, a Holiday Inn, Renaissance, and (closest to the Airport) Jury's, and I'll probably try one of the others next time I am in that area.

Farmington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We ran into mechanical trouble on our trip home from Europe and ended up at Heathrow for an early departure the next morning. We stayed at the Heathrow Marriott and it turned out to be a terrific experience. The staff was kind, conscientious and very accommodating and our room was perfect. The beds were the nicest we slept on after 16 days abroad and our room was very clean. The rate was fair and appropriate for the excellent location and service. The shuttle service from Heathrow was fast and easy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Teignmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed here for a 2-day, 1 night conference...

£9 in a taxi from HRT3, £4 on the HoppaBus.

Checked in and had lunch, our party was on a set menu which was tasty, no problems with any of the food, all meals taken in the American grill, the only thing that one or two of us didn.t like was the individual Tira mi Su... funny taste and quite Cloying...

As far as the facilities, good, free wifi for our group whilst in the conference room, good coffee/biscuits/cakes/sweets outside our room...AV stuff all working.
Leisure facilities looked OK

Good assortment at breaksast, eggs cooked to order.

Overall reasonable cleanliness of public areas.

Room? - all the usual stuff, including a tiny bath...No noise from LHR

Gripes? - well, charge for internet - just unreasonable, in this day and age it should be free - COME ON!!

AND, there was a short and curly hair on the side of my bath - not mine!

Overall nothing to make me return to this over any of the other airport hotels, if you can get a good price, take it.

ATB,J.

Bath, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Hotel is nice and clean and what a Marriot is known for. My one big gripe is that I waited a very long time to order food and drinks for Lunch and dinner when I stayed as the Emirates crew swarmed the area. I was talking to some of them and they said that they had a deal to get 50% off their Food!!! I was shocked as I had to pay full prices as well as the rest of the hotel guests! What a shocker, not only did I wait 25 minutes to order, the food was late and I paid 100% of costs. I understand that they use the hotel more than me but I was not impressed that I had to wait so long and pay over the odds. Makes you think how much is fair in life, the chains seem to choose who pays what. when I complained to the staff, they said that nothing they can do, was a management lead initiative. Well what could I say o that! Poor little me and my family, would not like to stay there again. Not a victory for the little people clearly!! Ok so I understand they cannot reduce costs for guests but at least have enough staff at work to cope with the numbers of crew that are offered the discount! That would help and could even give everyday guests their food in time and warm!
Enough said! I hope this helps.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This hotel is one of the better hotels that I have had the privilege of staying in. it is clean, comfortable and a rather nice place to stay. The staff make you feel welcome at all times from the moment you step up to the door, to the moment you hand in your room key card at the desk at the end of your stay. To get any type of service you can either phone down to the main desk or actually talk to the staff at the desk (although this seems to be pretty standard with most quality hotels). The staff seem like they actually enjoy working there as they are always in a good mood (true service with a smile). The rooms are clean and tidy always kept to a very high standard, these rooms are light and airy, although the hotel is near Heathrow airport, you can’t actually hear any noise which is always a good thing. The restaurant provides a large variety of high quality meals to suit all types of pallet, there are savories and there are sweet meals.
Overall I rate this hotel a very well deserved 5/5. Definitely a hotel for all types of people including families.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to London Heathrow Marriott? Share your experiences!