“Nice Suprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 11 hotels in Hayes
Cambridge
“Nice Suprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Going on our honeymoon, decided to stay at the marriott the night before as we had a early start at the airport. The hotel is lovely and modern. The recption staff greeted us well, and allowed us to use the executive lounge as a treat as we where on our honeymoon. So we helped ourselves to the lovely nibbles and wine. The room was large and spacious, and beds was a huge king size. Lovely sleep and ready to start our flight away. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

754 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Polish first
Navi Mumbai, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Excellent hotel property ,good location,very good indoor heated pool and the bathrooms have a very good clothes dryer in the pool area.
it is at Hayes ,with a bus service available to all stations close to heathrow,the tube and access to central london
there are good eateries around also.
the hotel offers a decent buffet breakfast and also a vary good bar with excellent continental stuff

Room Tip: rooms on the higher floors
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed in many airport hotels around the world, I can honestly say that this Marriott is a pleasure to stay in.

Having been grounded at London Heathrow due to bad weather after being away from home for a week, I was a little down to say the least - the staff a this hotel (especially Lettia in the Tuscany restauraunt ) made me feel at home and not alone.

Staff at airport hotels must go above any beyond the call of duty as most who stay have to because of airline problems - but the staff at other Marriott hotels would be wise to take tips in customer service from the Marriott Heathrow.

Scottish Travel Goddess

• Stayed January 2013
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I normally stay here for my flights from London I come one night before ,its easy to find overlooks the airport. staff very friendly and accommodating. I always geta room on Higher floor that overlooked the atrium , the hotel romms are big, clean and ultra modern and beds very comfortable. I used the executive lounge which was very well stocked with wines beers desserts cheeses cookies. The Restaurant has wide variety of food Including Thai and Indian dishes will always use this during Transit from London.

Room Tip: Rooms on Higher floors are Great
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Western part
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel quite a few times, and they have always been pretty good. However, I recently had an experience where they were really outstanding.

I got delayed and had to cancel my reservation. I then ended up being on the road at night and arrived at this hotel before 6 am. They found me a room despite having a pageant later that day and although I just needed a bed, they were really trying to get me a king room. The kings were full at the time (which is just a preference, not a requirement) so they got me a double to sleep in, insisted I switch to the King later on in the day.

Then...on check out - I had changed my flight and there was a bus in front of the hotel. The young lady ran out from behind the reception desk and then waved me out to the bus, they emailed me the receipt. I am very impressed and touched by their efforts. They really go the extra mile and they certainly deserve to be recognized for it.

Room Tip: All of the rooms I've stayed at in this hotel have been just fine, inside and outside. I usuall...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

stayed here for just one night before we caught our flight. very easy to find overlooks the airport. staff very friendly and accommodating. we had a room on the 5 th floor that overlooked the atrium of the hotel. beds very comfortable, rooms clean and modern. we used the executive lounge which was very well stocked with wines beers desserts cheeses cookies....we didn't get to use any other facility at this hotel due to a 3.30 wake up call. would definitely use again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Farnborough, Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We enjoyed a great Christmas party at the Marriot, but we were not impressed with the dryness in our room. It felt like we spent the night on a desert. We found it difficult to sleep and the air conditioner was noisy and did not make a difference. Our room was on the 4th floor overlooking the lobby; maybe the rooms with windows present a different experience, but we won't be taking a second chance. There were other people in our group identifying the 'dryness' issue as well.

A few people mentioned the temperature being too warm at the reception; I'm not sure what the problem is or if the hotel has a solution.

Overall, we enjoyed the party. During check-out I mentioned the problem to the Receptionist. I was impressed that he listened to our concerns and offered us a 25% discount. We felt that was fair and applaud Marriot for understanding our concerns.

Room Tip: Maybe try the rooms with a window; the rooms overlooking the lobby are too dry.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to London Heathrow Marriott? Share your experiences!