The criteria for our group of 6 in hotel choice was safety, cleanliness, rooms with on-suite facilities. We were also aware of the extremely high cost for accommodation in the UK. We were also very hesitant with all the poor reviews & dodgy looking hotels we viewed through the internet & these were rooms at GBP70 per person per nite!! Whilst I was wary of the poor reviews of the Ibis Heathrow, I was prepared to give them a go for the 12-night stay. First, I had experience with Accor Hotels in my travels for work & leisure & had stayed at Ibis in Sydney & Germany. Surely an international chain would live up to its reputable image.
We were not disappointed - the housekeeping & restaurant staff were friendly, rooms were clean with ample supplies of fresh towels, good strong showers with plenty of hot water. The double glazed windows prevented the noise of airplanes. The biggest plus was the convenience of catching the free buses to the Airport & then using the daily off-peak Travelcard to get into London & anywhere within the 6 zones. We stayed for 12 nights & the Ibis was our home. The French General Manager Pierre & Johan the Deputy Manager went out of their way to ensure our every need was catered for.
The one comment we would like to make is the provision of variety in fruits at breakfast, salads & meats at the dinner buffet. Whilst we understand that most of their patrons stay overnight, those who stay for multi nights need to have a break from the monotony of orange & grapefruit segments at breakfast, lentil salad, coleslaw, beetroot, chicken legs, roast lamb at the dinner buffets. Also, the cook on Sunday definitely can't cook as well as the cook on other nights. The Sunday cook need further training in roasting meat so that it's not tough like leather. Maybe he should not have used that topside beef!
Overall, we had a pleasant stay & would definitely recommend our friend for lonfer stay. Well done........& particularly impressed with the management!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis London Heathrow Airport is 1km from Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 and 3. Hotel Hoppa H6 to and from the hotel runs every 20 min from 4.15am to 11 pm, GBP 4.50 each way. FREE Local bus service also available from central bus station from 5.30 am to 11.30 pm(no.105, 111, 140, 185). Easy access from the M4 and M25 motorways, 45 min from Central London. Ideal for business stays or weekend breaks, with 351 air cooled rooms, 5 Family/Suites, Restaurant, 24 hour snack bar and private parking. WiFi access available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Ibis London Heathrow Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis London Heathrow Airport Hotel Hayes
- Ibis Hotel Hayes
- Accor London Heathrow Airport
- Ibis London Heathrow Airport Hayes, UK - Middlesex