“It is what it is” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“It is what it is”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

If you've got to stay at the airport, you could do worse than the Ibis. The room was clean and comfortable enough, and there was no noise from outside. Granted it is soulless, but you're not there for the amenities and facilities, so ... However, even though it is an Ibis, you pay for its proximity to the airport (which, in actual fact, is a 10 minute bus ride away). BTW, there's no need to take the hotel hoppa. Take a 105, 111, 140 from the central bus station, just mention you're staying at the Ibis and the bus driver will tell you which stop to listen for. Fare is free.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

IbisHeathrowGM, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback, I am pleased that you had a good stay with us at Ibis Heathrow and found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Richard Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
oxford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

stayed here for one night before going away. Nice hotel, rooms clean. Bed comfortable. we left early so did not have breakfast. There is a bus that takes you pretty much to the hotel from heathrow bus station..it is free of charge! we got a taxi in the morning that was around £15 and the journey took us about 15 minutes to terminal 5....the shuttle from the hotel estimated the journey time to be an hour so it was £15 well spent I think!

We would stay again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments, I am pleased that you had a good stay with us at Ibis Heathrow and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel many times over the past 10 years, and I'd like to congratulate the staff and management on how dramatically different it's become in 10 years. What used to be a dingy, worn hotel has become a very modern, reliable budget hotel.
Plusses I'd like to highlight:
-Free wifi in rooms that works decently. Can also upgrade to faster wifi for 3 pounds for 24 hours, not a bad price. Would only need to upgrade for video calling etc. otherwise the free wifi works fine. Thank you to management for adding good free wifi.
-quiet clientele. This is not a budget hotel where 20-something's are drunk on weekends, at least not that I've ever seen. My experience is that it's mostly folks who are staying for proximity to the airport and just want some rest.
-restaurant is not bad for evening meals. Prices on some items are high, but that's london.
-very clean rooms. I've never had a problem with cleanliness. Bathrooms are updated. Just watch the step down out of the tub, it's high.
-decently comfortable beds. They used the be very hard, now they are just right.

Two small minuses:
-hard to cool down the room in winter. I'm someone who likes to sleep in a very cool room, even in winter (strange I know) and it seems like the air conditioning is largely disabled in winter, or else just doesn't work well. If warmth is your concern though, you'll have no problems at this hotel. I wouldn't normally try to run air conditioning in winter and instead would just open the window, but that leads to my other drawback..
-can't leave windows open because of airplane noise. Actually, you can open them a crack (all that's allowed) from about midnight till 5:30am. At all other times, you're right underneath the departure runway and get a loud whoosh overhead every 2 minutes.

Overall though, I highly recommend this hotel as a good value close to the airport.

• Stayed December 2013
IbisHeathrowGM, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for posting your review, I am pleased that you have noticed an improvement over the years you have been staying with us. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again for your next visit.

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I will start with the two problems I had there: 1) I asked for a taxi and the concierge on duty arrange that for you. I prepaid to the concierge desk 25.00 GBP. the driver after dropping me at Hillingdon Hospital, returned to me 5.00 pounds as he was over charging me. In my way home I paid 7.00 pounds as per that is the regular fee, according to the new honest driver. You see, they inflate the rates for their own benefit. Really bad service, you can trust them. if are staying there, get a cab by yourself without asking the concierge desk. 2) They don' t know how to place a call collect call and they charme for two calls a did to my credit car and my insurance company in canada. I provide the 905 number which is call collect automatically. but Still charged me 33.00 GBP and 23.00 GBP.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback, and please accept my appologies if these issues marred your overall stay. The travel desk was provided by an external company however we have now stopped this service and appointed a new taxi company for guest transportation which I hope will offer better value fares. Regarding the use of calling cards, please note that only numbers begining with 0800 (UK Freephone) are free, and any other number will be charged at our standard tariff.

I hope that the rest of your stay was more satifactory, and that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to Ibis Heathrow again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed here as get a discount rate. Good for what I paid, but wouldn't stay at full price. Ok to lay your head if up early for a flight but wouldn't recommend for a lengthily stay. Food ok and the waiting staff really lovely.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback, I hope that you will stay with us again next time you fly from Heathrow.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We booked here for an early flight from Heathrow. It was very practical choice for the airport. They offered a very reasonable taxi service from there. It was clean and the food was quite good although, obviously overpriced. The bed was comfy and it was relatively quite.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisHeathrowGM, General Manager at Ibis London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for shaing your feedback, I am pleased you found the hotel practical for your needs. I hope that you will stay with us again next time you are in the area.

Napier, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed here three nights after dropping our camper at the port and returning to NZ.
We found this a great hotel at a reasonable price.
We took the FREE bus service from Heathrow central, several times, traveling in and of London.
This hotel is clean, the beds are very comfortable and the staff helpful.
Personally I found the temperature in the room very hot, so we opened the windows (two for soundproofing) which makes it extremely noisy being so close to the airport.
We had something to eat at the restaurant, which was OK... Funny enough the side salad I ordered was way nicer than the one from the main menu (at a fraction of the cost?!)
I would definitely stay here again when flying from Heathrow!

Room Tip: Take the sound proof rooms!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you had a good stay with us and found the hotel convenient for your needs.

For the benefit of other readers I would like to clarify that the free bus service is a local bus operated by Transport for London. The free buses run between Heathrow Central Station (T1 & 3) and Harlington Corner which is a 2 minute walk to the hotel - bus numbers 105,111 & 140 are free of charge. Alternativley the Hotel Hoppa Bus runs from every terminal directly to the hotel for a cost of £4.50 per person (Bus H6 from T1&3 and Bus H56 from T4&5).

Richard Lee

Been to Ibis London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!