+ The bed is really comfortable. Within minutes of putting my head on the pillow I was fast asleep. This never happens in hotels with me.
+ All of the staff are really friendly
+ Dinner was very tasty
+ Breakfast. Nice bacon, scrambled eggs obviously from a packet, hash browns hard as nails.
+ The rooms are small
+ Air-conditioning didn't work - very noisy, but no cold air
+ Windows awkward to open
+ Extractor fan in the bathroom didn't work
Due to the fact the air conditioning didn't work, I had to open the window to let the heat out. As the hotel is a stone's throw from the runway, this meant the room got VERY noisy every 2 minutes. The hotel is located at the beginning of the runway, so you hear the full thrust of the engines. I have previously stayed at a Holiday Inn on the same road, but much further down, and the noise of planes through an open window was MUCH less noticeable.
You can see the hotel at the nose of the plane in the picture.
I got 2 nights bed and breakfast for less than £100, so I'm not going to complain too much, and the bed really was very comfortable. However, I would have preferred to have A/C that works.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Hotel Heathrow is 1.2 Miles from terminals 1,2,3 & 4, and 4 miles from Terminal 5. The Hoppa bus goes every 20 minutes to & from the airport costing £5; take H6 from T1/2/3 or H56 from T4/5. There are also free local buses from Heathrow Central to Harlington Corner which is 2 min walk to hotel (buses 105/111/140). Central London is 15 minutes by train on Heathrow Express or 45min by tube on the Piccadilly line. Guests driving must register car at reception as we operate a ticketless carpark using ANPR cameras and parking costs £12 per day. Please use UB35AN for Satnav Ibis Hotel Heathrow offers 356 comfortable ensuite rooms, with Free Wifi, air-cooling, tea & coffee facilities and Freeview TV channels. Foggs Kitchen & Bar is located on the ground floor and is open 24 hours per day. Our breakfast buffer is served from 06:30-10:00 everyday, with a light continental breakfast served from 04:00 to 06:30 for early risers, or 10:00-12:00 for late risers. The bar menu is served midday to midnight with a range of international dishes, and the main restaurant is open 17:30 to 22:15 for dinner service. We also serve soft drinks and hot bar meals 24/7 - perfect if you are arriving from a late flight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, ACCOR, Hotel.de, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Ibis London Heathrow Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis London Heathrow Airport Hotel Hayes
- Ibis Hotel Hayes
- Accor London Heathrow Airport
- Ibis London Heathrow Airport Hayes, UK - Greater London