“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Hayes
Worcester
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2008

Stayed overnight on 3rd October, 2008. Special rate of £150 p.night including 15 days parking which was a great bonus as we were flying out to Australia the following day. Room was horrible: outdated and gloomy but in fairness the 2nd floor was being refurbished which is probably completed by now. Excellent meal in the restaurant. Hotel is very well located for Terminal 3.
Staff were not interested in my adverse comments about our room. I complained to a member of staff about the state of our room - he said 'sorry about that, sir' and walked away leaving me in the middle of reception !! When we returned from our holiday we were offered 10% discount by our agents for our next booking which we declined as all we wanted was an explanation and an apology. Might stay again when refurbishment is completed especially at the reasonable rate offered but only for the purpose of access to Heathrow - at least we'll be prepared for their idea of a 5 star hotel !!

• Liked — Proximity to Heathrow T3
  • Disliked — Grubby, outdated, smelly, gloomy otherwise brilliant !!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
GavinHeathrow, Gavin Sanders HOTEL MANAGER at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2009
We appreciate your kind comments regarding our food , and would like to remind everyone once again that we are currently refurbishing our bedrooms to a very high standard . We currently have completed over 120 rooms .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
Europe
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2008

Checking in was OK. The service from the staff was not what one would expect for 116 pounds per night. The again, nothing justified the price. The heating didn't seem to work. It was set to 26 degrees celsius but it was freezing. I had no hot water in the shower. I tried all dials and buttons but it just seemed they had run out. When I mentioned this at the reception they just shrugged.
By the way, did I mention that breakfast wasn't even included in the 116 pounds? Well, it wasn't. That would have set me back another 17 pounds! Needless to say I declined.
I was very disappointed. I had the impression they weren't too bothered about their customers being satisfied. Maybe they think their location is enough?

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The price to quality/service ratio.
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
I assure you we are deeply concerned about all our customers, and their comments , hense why I respond to everey trip advisor review .

We ddi have an isolated heating problem on that night which effected a small section of the Hotel , and i am sorry that this was not communicated to you , nor your complaint , once raised was handled as I would have liked .
We will try to learn from this
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2008

Since I only stayed in this hotel on a stop-over, I didn't have a chance to use most of the facilities of this hotel (fitness club, restaurants, etc.)

So this review is based soly on
The check-in experience
The room and hallways
The business center and parking

This is a massive hotel. You really have to watch the signs or you can get lost

The check-in was ok. You see many different theme restaurants on the way to your room.

The hallways on my 4th floor are quite dark (dark color scheme and not too bright lighting) The carpet look a bit dirty.

My room was very compact. I saw bigger rooms with flat screen TVs posted by other reviewers. My room decor was quite brown.

The GOOD
- Bed was comfortable
- Heating/Ventilation worked well
- The wireless signal was weak, however when I called the concierge, within 5 minutes, they were at my door with a free booster hub (deposit required)
- Kettle with free hot drinks
- Room safe
- Concierge staff is very friendly and helpful

Okay, but some problems
- Wireless signal weak in my room, but corrected quickly
- TV is very small with few channels, and the pay channels are strategically placed in between the free channels
- Sparse amenities in the bathroom
- I needed to make a scan, but it was a Saturday and the business center was closed
- Housekeeping staff had a loud conversation in the halway at 7:30AM outside my door

CONCLUSION
- An OK hotel for a quick stop-over. The rooms and hallways
could be re-decorated in lighter colors and more modern styles to make them feel more spacious (instead of feeling cramped)

• Liked — The concierge staff
  • Disliked — Cramped room needs a makeover
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
GavinHeathrow, Gavin Sanders HOTEL MANAGER at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2008

I would like you to know that on 13th December a new pay TV service is being installed in our newly refurbished rooms , dramatically increasing the Quality and variety of Movies and in room entertainment facilities available .

Our corridors are dark , but deliberatley so , as many of our customers need to sleep at all hours , and they find this helps , for those customers not so keen on the corridor decor , please bear in mind it is only a corridor , not your room .I can assure you whilst the carpets are dark , they certainly are not dirty.

I am realy gald they liked the free internet service , and we are currently updating the system which will boost the signal even further , and when finished eradicate any weak signal issues , even though these comments are quite rare .
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2008

Stayed one night in a newly refurbished room in November, while on business in the London-area. Arrived late and check-in was fast and very efficient. Staff seemed professional and truly helpful. Have to admit that I didn’t have very high thoughts of Radisson Edwardian, after reading some of the rather awful reviews here on TA. Was therefor very surprised when I check-in and found my room to be stylish and actually pretty excellent! Huge heavenly bed (almost like Westin and Sheraton) with good, comfortable pillows, flat screen-TV, quality towels, proper sized bathroom and working A/C. Came from an overnight layover in Kiev, Ukraine – with no hot water in the entire hotel-building…so Radisson Edwardian was a pleasant surprise. Have never had a more delightful hot shower in my entire life! Also tried the room-service, which was efficient and pretty good. Nothing extraordinaire. Overall a good stay. 4 stars to Radisson Edwardian Heathrow Hotel. I’ll be back!

• Liked — Heavenly bed and room-design
  • Disliked — Distance to Heahtrow - taxi cost £11
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2014
Thank you for this review, now we are in 2014, This Hotel has been transformed, We now have state of the art Audio Visual equipment in lovely new Conference Rooms.

The Bedrooms are refurbished & the Restaurants & bars are new.

We are planning to open a Fish & Chip Shop in 2015 too.

You will be surprised at the difference.. Come and see the changes for yourself.

Regards

Craig Lawson
Canary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2008

Good hotel with nice restaurant and friendly staff ideally situated for Heathrow - 2 vodka and tonics £20 though so beware !

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
GavinHeathrow, Gavin Sanders HOTEL MANAGER at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2008
Our bar is a doubles bar , therefore the price of £10.00 is for a double Vodka and mixer.
Single measures are available on request at only £4.00 , plus the mixer, and we feel more than a fair price for a bar of this quality .
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2008

I found this hotel when I was looking for airport parking deals for my holiday. The car parks were quoting about £250 for a 19 day stay. This hotel cost £138 for a twin room and 15 days parking, I think that this was a good deal.

The staff here are excellent, from the desk staff at check in, to the conceirge team, to the waiters at breakfast.

The room was a little on the tired side and the air conditioning packed up just before midnight, luckily we found someone who had the key to open the windows...

Extra days parking was £12 per day

• Liked — Parking deal, staff
  • Disliked — room needed some TLC
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
we aknowlegde that a number of our rooms are still to be upgraded, but we do currently have 120 newly refurbished beautiful modern bedrooms available .
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2008

Stayed at this hotel before flying out to the USA at the end of September 2008.

Check-in was efficient, and the hotel was generally clean and well-serviced. We went to the bar for a drink and snack, and ordered two burgers which, to be fair, were pretty good.

However - and be very vary of this - when I went to the bar to pay I was amazed that 2 burgers and a pint cost over 30 pounds. When I queried this, and asked to see a copy of the bill, I was told that this total included a discretionary 18% tip. A supervisor was in earshot, who instructed the waiter to print the bill off to let me see it. Lo and behold the actual bill was around 25 pounds.

Breakfast was OK the following morning.

Overall, a good stay, although a warning to all about the addition of the tips to the tab - not a good thing.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
service charge is optional for all Food and beverage purchases , and is only charged to the customer if they agree to it .
Service charge is not charged to any customer who asks for it to be removed .
The service charge percentage is 12.5 % not 18% stated by the reviewer .

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!