“Really lovely hotel but...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book No & Save Up To 20%
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Hayes
Gloucester
“Really lovely hotel but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The hotel is great, fantastic customer service, nicely decorated, great food but our non-smoking room definitely smelt of smoke, disappointing. We were only staying one night so didn't bother to ask to change rooms, although I'm pretty sure the hotel staff would have obliged.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Virginia_Heathrow, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow hotel. I am delighted to see you liked our facilities and found our staff welcoming and efficient. Regarding your room, I am truly sorry to read that your room smelt of smoke despite being a non-smoking one. We would have really appreciated it if you had let us know as it would have been the perfect opportunity to make it right for you straight away. We would have sent a senior member of Housekeeping to re-inspect and refresh the room, or if you had preferred, we would have re-located you to a different room in the same corridor to minimise the inconveniences. If you would consider returning having appreciated the facilities offered and the high level of customer service, I would be very happy to assist you with a future reservation. Please feel free to contact me directly via the hotel and I will ensure that next time we not only meet but exceed your expectations.

Thank you very much for your review.
Virginia Mariscal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were due to attend a convention at the Renaissance this weekend but they messed us about at the last minute. Luckily the Radisson was happy to take us in at short notice and looked after us wonderfully. The rooms are lovely, breakfast was fabulous, staff friendly and helpful, from booking to check out. All the meeting rooms etc were wonderfully laid out and set up well. The only fault I have is that my key card kept stopping working, but I think that happens everywhere. This really is just that little bit better than the other Heathrow Hotels I have stayed at.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your fantastic feedback. It is a pleasure for us to see your five star rating. I am delighted to see you felt welcome and well looked after by our staff and were happy with the meeting rooms and breakfast. I will surely pass this fantastic feedback to the staff since it will definitely motivate them to maintain their efforts to offer high quality service to our guests, since 100% guest satisfaction is always our first priority.

I would like to apologise for the issue you had with your room key. We normally recommend that you keep the key inside the key wallet as it can be demagnetised by electronic devices, such as mobile phones. However, please do rest assured that I will pass this feedback to the Reception Manager in order to make the necessary improvements right away.

Please do let me know via the hotel of any future reservations you wish to make and I will ensure you are once again looked after.

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We only stayed one night in this hotel but it was a very comfortable stay in a nice modern room. We expected the noise level from the nearby airport to be louder but it was rather quiet and we were able to relax and sleep well before making our next long flight.

The breakfast was very nice, first class service with a great array of good quality breakfast food.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for this wonderful review. I am very happy to see you had a comfortable and pleasant stay with us. It is also a delight to read that you found your room very quiet. Our fantastic double glazing certainly keeps all the noise out to make sure our guests have a great night's sleep. I am also very happy to see you enjoyed your breakfast and found the Restaurant staff very efficient.

In your next visit to our hotel, I would highly recommend you to try our gym and SPA facilities which include a sauna, steam Room, plunge pool and relaxation area. All these facilities can be used free of charge and treatments can also be booked at an extra charge.

If you would like any help with any future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me. It would be my pleasure to arrange your next stay with us and I will ensure that you are once again very well looked after.

Thank you once again for your good feedback regarding the hotel in general.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I visit London quite often but it was the first time , i've invited to Edwardian Blu at Heathrow.
This one was quite a surprise...I'd never expect this would be so good. Unfortunately the official website devaluates the actual aesthetics of the hotel.
Atriums, bars ,restaurants, lounge...everything was excellent in any manner. Rooms were modern , nicely decorated, efficient aircoditioning and very clean. I was lucky enough having a window with view to the airport ,which was brilliant.

Breakfast was very descent and good in quality...worthed every penny.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Virginia_Heathrow, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for your fantastic feedback. It is a pleasure for us to see your five star rating. I am very glad you noticed and appreciated the improvements in our facilities and that you also liked the room you were allocated. All our Deluxe rooms have views to the airport and are equipped with high quality furnishing. In addition, each of these rooms have been newly refurbished with the emphasis on comfort and relaxation to make sure our guests make the most of their stay. It is also delightful to see that you really enjoyed our buffet breakfast served every morning from 6am to 10:30 am in our lovely Oceanic Restaurant.

Braintree
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Can't fault this hotel. Very friendly reception staff, booking in, booking out and collecting car. Lovely atmosphere, and decor. Beds comfortable and good double glazing bearing in mind how close you are to runway. Only regret was that we were only staying the one night before our flight to New York!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your comments on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to see such a wonderful review. I will surely pass this fantastic feedback to the reception staff since it will definitely motivate them to maintain their efforts to offer high quality service to our guests, since 100% guest satisfaction is always our first priority.

I am very glad you felt your room was very comfortable and quiet. Our double glazing is indeed exceptional since it certainly keeps all the noise out despite being so close to the airport. This is something that many guests normally highlight and are very pleased about.

Thank you once again for your kind words and I look forward to seeing you again in the not so distant future.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I had a 3N stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian near the Heathrow Airport about 2 weeks back.

This happenend to be a business trip with 3 days of training at the Hotel so i was pretty much confined inside the hotel itself.

The bright spots - convenience - connected directly on the HOPPA bus route from the Heathrow Terminals.

For the fast food freaks....there's a McDonalds right next door.

It is a comfortable place to stay in with good soundproofing and hence no noise of the airplanes landing very close by. Nice, decent size rooms that are functional and barely 3 or 4star category.

Fairly good food getting served in the restaurants (and what we were receiving in our corporate package).

Obviously not meant for those folks who wish to travel to the city for sight seeing.

Overall a good experience. Nothing to complain.

Room Tip: Try to get a room close to the lifts to avoid walking a lot to reach your room or get lost in a maze...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind comments regarding the hotel in general. I am very glad you found the shuttle bus to the airport very convenient. Our hoppa bus is very handy for our guests indeed, since it operates daily between the airport (Terminals 1, 3, 4 & 5) and the hotel. Tickets can be purchased directly from the front desk for only £4.

I am also very pleased to see that you felt comfortable while staying with us and were also happy with the room and food served in our restaurants.

Regarding the location, the hotel is conveniently located near the airport for quick access before and after your flight. In addition, we have great tube and train connections to Central London from Heathrow Airport or Hatton Cross Station (the whole journey takes approximately 50 minutes). You could also take advantage of the hotel location to visit some other lovely cities, such as, Windsor or Uxbridge.

Finally, I would like to thank you once again for your nice feedback and please do let me know if you have in mind to come back to the hotel any time soon and I will ensure you are once again looked after.

Best wishes
St Austell, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed here a couple of time and on both occasions went away disappointed.
Most recently - turned up about 11pm. Checking in took ages - seemed like the receptions staff had to go into the back room to get the room confirmed for every guest. Eventually got room key and traipsed off the the 2nd floor only to discover it was a smoking room when I'd requested a non-smoking. Returned to reception to repeat the whole process. It took 15 minutes to get this sorted out.
Rooms are OK - I had one overlooking Macdonalds - but tired and the bathrooms are in need of some work.
It's very noisy - can hear everything outside in the corridor.
Checkout was slow - although there were 4/5 staff behind the desk only 2 appeared to be serving customers the others were either typing into some machine or chatting.
On the positive side it's convenient - first stop on the Hoppa from T5 and from the bus stop opposite you can be in T1 in a few minutes and T5 in about 10. Don't get the Hoppa back to the terminals - it takes about 25-30 minutes visiting various hotels and T4 on the way.
I won;t be rushing back - there are other hotels along here where the staff try harder

Room Tip: The ones round the back are quieter. Try to get a non-connecting room. It'll be quieter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know your thoughts on your recent stay with us. However, it is terribly disappointing to hear that you were not completely satisfied with the service you received. I profusely apologise for the trouble you experienced during check-in. We only have a few smoking rooms in the hotel and are all located on the third floor. However, I apologise once again if the non-smoking room you were allocated on the second floor smelt like smoke. As I can see you were finally upgraded to a King deluxe room facing the airport side, which are all beautifully decorated, large and comfortable. However, please accept our apologies if the room was not as quiet as you expected.

I also apologise for the slow check-out you experienced. I can assure you this is a rarity as all our staff has the best intentions to help our guests at all times.

Finally, I also hope we are able to persuade you to give us another chance so you can see the improvements made from your feedback. I will also make sure you are allocated a nice room at the end of the corridor where you will not be disturbed by any noise at all. If you are returning to the area any time soon, please do ensure to contact me directly via the hotel and I will ensure you are properly looked after.

Best wishes
Virginia Mariscal

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!