“Lovely stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Hayes
Bangkok, Thailand
“Lovely stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We only stayed one night in this hotel but it was a very comfortable stay in a nice modern room. We expected the noise level from the nearby airport to be louder but it was rather quiet and we were able to relax and sleep well before making our next long flight.

The breakfast was very nice, first class service with a great array of good quality breakfast food.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Virginia_Heathrow, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you very much for this wonderful review. I am very happy to see you had a comfortable and pleasant stay with us. It is also a delight to read that you found your room very quiet. Our fantastic double glazing certainly keeps all the noise out to make sure our guests have a great night's sleep. I am also very happy to see you enjoyed your breakfast and found the Restaurant staff very efficient.

In your next visit to our hotel, I would highly recommend you to try our gym and SPA facilities which include a sauna, steam Room, plunge pool and relaxation area. All these facilities can be used free of charge and treatments can also be booked at an extra charge.

If you would like any help with any future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me. It would be my pleasure to arrange your next stay with us and I will ensure that you are once again very well looked after.

Thank you once again for your good feedback regarding the hotel in general.

Best regards
Virginia Mariscal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I visit London quite often but it was the first time , i've invited to Edwardian Blu at Heathrow.
This one was quite a surprise...I'd never expect this would be so good. Unfortunately the official website devaluates the actual aesthetics of the hotel.
Atriums, bars ,restaurants, lounge...everything was excellent in any manner. Rooms were modern , nicely decorated, efficient aircoditioning and very clean. I was lucky enough having a window with view to the airport ,which was brilliant.

Breakfast was very descent and good in quality...worthed every penny.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Virginia_Heathrow, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for your fantastic feedback. It is a pleasure for us to see your five star rating. I am very glad you noticed and appreciated the improvements in our facilities and that you also liked the room you were allocated. All our Deluxe rooms have views to the airport and are equipped with high quality furnishing. In addition, each of these rooms have been newly refurbished with the emphasis on comfort and relaxation to make sure our guests make the most of their stay. It is also delightful to see that you really enjoyed our buffet breakfast served every morning from 6am to 10:30 am in our lovely Oceanic Restaurant.

Braintree
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Can't fault this hotel. Very friendly reception staff, booking in, booking out and collecting car. Lovely atmosphere, and decor. Beds comfortable and good double glazing bearing in mind how close you are to runway. Only regret was that we were only staying the one night before our flight to New York!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your comments on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to see such a wonderful review. I will surely pass this fantastic feedback to the reception staff since it will definitely motivate them to maintain their efforts to offer high quality service to our guests, since 100% guest satisfaction is always our first priority.

I am very glad you felt your room was very comfortable and quiet. Our double glazing is indeed exceptional since it certainly keeps all the noise out despite being so close to the airport. This is something that many guests normally highlight and are very pleased about.

Thank you once again for your kind words and I look forward to seeing you again in the not so distant future.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I had a 3N stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian near the Heathrow Airport about 2 weeks back.

This happenend to be a business trip with 3 days of training at the Hotel so i was pretty much confined inside the hotel itself.

The bright spots - convenience - connected directly on the HOPPA bus route from the Heathrow Terminals.

For the fast food freaks....there's a McDonalds right next door.

It is a comfortable place to stay in with good soundproofing and hence no noise of the airplanes landing very close by. Nice, decent size rooms that are functional and barely 3 or 4star category.

Fairly good food getting served in the restaurants (and what we were receiving in our corporate package).

Obviously not meant for those folks who wish to travel to the city for sight seeing.

Overall a good experience. Nothing to complain.

Room Tip: Try to get a room close to the lifts to avoid walking a lot to reach your room or get lost in a maze...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind comments regarding the hotel in general. I am very glad you found the shuttle bus to the airport very convenient. Our hoppa bus is very handy for our guests indeed, since it operates daily between the airport (Terminals 1, 3, 4 & 5) and the hotel. Tickets can be purchased directly from the front desk for only £4.

I am also very pleased to see that you felt comfortable while staying with us and were also happy with the room and food served in our restaurants.

Regarding the location, the hotel is conveniently located near the airport for quick access before and after your flight. In addition, we have great tube and train connections to Central London from Heathrow Airport or Hatton Cross Station (the whole journey takes approximately 50 minutes). You could also take advantage of the hotel location to visit some other lovely cities, such as, Windsor or Uxbridge.

Finally, I would like to thank you once again for your nice feedback and please do let me know if you have in mind to come back to the hotel any time soon and I will ensure you are once again looked after.

St Austell, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed here a couple of time and on both occasions went away disappointed.
Most recently - turned up about 11pm. Checking in took ages - seemed like the receptions staff had to go into the back room to get the room confirmed for every guest. Eventually got room key and traipsed off the the 2nd floor only to discover it was a smoking room when I'd requested a non-smoking. Returned to reception to repeat the whole process. It took 15 minutes to get this sorted out.
Rooms are OK - I had one overlooking Macdonalds - but tired and the bathrooms are in need of some work.
It's very noisy - can hear everything outside in the corridor.
Checkout was slow - although there were 4/5 staff behind the desk only 2 appeared to be serving customers the others were either typing into some machine or chatting.
On the positive side it's convenient - first stop on the Hoppa from T5 and from the bus stop opposite you can be in T1 in a few minutes and T5 in about 10. Don't get the Hoppa back to the terminals - it takes about 25-30 minutes visiting various hotels and T4 on the way.
I won;t be rushing back - there are other hotels along here where the staff try harder

Room Tip: The ones round the back are quieter. Try to get a non-connecting room. It'll be quieter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know your thoughts on your recent stay with us. However, it is terribly disappointing to hear that you were not completely satisfied with the service you received. I profusely apologise for the trouble you experienced during check-in. We only have a few smoking rooms in the hotel and are all located on the third floor. However, I apologise once again if the non-smoking room you were allocated on the second floor smelt like smoke. As I can see you were finally upgraded to a King deluxe room facing the airport side, which are all beautifully decorated, large and comfortable. However, please accept our apologies if the room was not as quiet as you expected.

I also apologise for the slow check-out you experienced. I can assure you this is a rarity as all our staff has the best intentions to help our guests at all times.

Finally, I also hope we are able to persuade you to give us another chance so you can see the improvements made from your feedback. I will also make sure you are allocated a nice room at the end of the corridor where you will not be disturbed by any noise at all. If you are returning to the area any time soon, please do ensure to contact me directly via the hotel and I will ensure you are properly looked after.

Middx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

What a treat. We have never been out to Christmas lunch before. I was a bit nervous. It was amazing. The staff were amazing. They could not do enough for us. They seemed delighted that we had joined them on Christmas day. They were partying with us. The food was fantastic. Buffet starters. There was so much to choose from. The turkey and beef was served as a carvery. I have never tasted meat as amazing ever. The veg was fresh, hot and full of flavour. The deserts were set out like a little village on one table, beautifuly set out and so tasty. I had to go for the christmas pudding along with a tiny tasting of loads of stuff. The. Christmas pud was delicious. If lived up to my expectations. If that was not enough we washed it all down with a few bottles of red. Lastly came the cheese. I have never seen so many in my life. We spent hours over lunch. It was truly amazing. It only cost £50 per head too. AMAZING. We are taking the whole family next year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback. It is really a delight to see you enjoyed your lunch in such a memorable day. I will happily pass these comments to the restaurant staff as a sure motivator to keep up the good work.

We are looking forward to seeing you back to the hotel next year so that all your family can also enjoy our fantastic Christmas menu. Thank you once again for your fantastic comment and please do let me know if you need any assistance with future reservations in order to make your stay a memorable one.
Ozankoy, Cyprus
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We booked a 3 night stay at this hotel from 16th September 2012 via Expedia back in March 2012. This was to be a chilling out period after a 2 week stay at Panama . It was also to be a perfect venue to celebrate my partners birthday with her son . My partner made the booking but I contacted the hotel by e.mail separately to arrange a delivery of a present which I bought on line, So I needed to check that they could hold the present until my partners birthday on 18th ( 2 days after our proposed stay ) The Radisson confirmed this was in order and even gave me the name of the person that was handling the transaction. All seemed PERFECT.
You can imagine , after having been in contact with the Radisson direct, only to be told on arrival, after having travelled all the way from Panama to Amsterdam and then to London Heathrow that THEY DID NOT HAVE A ROOM FOR US as they had had a system problem. We were both speechless. This had actually been paid for, not just booked and we have discovered since that when you book via Expedia the booking goes DIRECT into the hotels system. They told us that the had booked us into the Crown Plaza, which is nowhere near the supposed standard of the radisson. Having arrived at the Crown Plaza we were told that they received the booking from the Radisson THAT AFTERNOON.
My partner posted on tripadviser and the Hotel responded saying that they would contact us direct.
They never have , to this date, and when we advised Expedia, they could get no reply either and in fact EXPEDIA refunded us 1 days booking fee at the Radisson as compensation.
We have another trip arranged for Panama this Feb/ march. are we using the Radisson. NO.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We truly appreciate the feedback as part of our commitment to continuous improvement.

I would like to offer you my sincere apologies for the obvious inconvenience you experienced as a result of being moved to the Crowne Plaza Hotel. I can assure you this happens very infrequently and it is mainly due to an unforeseen error in the hotel availability as a result of hotel guests deciding to stay longer than expected. Please be assured that I have personally shared your comments with the relevant management team in the hotel to ensure your comments are followed up accordingly.

If you have a moment to discuss this further with me I would be more than happy for you to contact me on my email address MARISCAV@radisson.com and I do hope I can persuade you to visit us again this February/March. I would of course ensure that you are well looked after and I could also offer you a discounted rate as a gesture of goodwill.

I apologise once again for the inconveniences caused and I really hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Virginia Mariscal

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!