I stayed here either side of a business trip to Finland, using the hotel's park & fly package. This is my default airport hotel when travelling and enough time has elasped since my last review to post another.
The good news is that it is still brilliant, brilliant being defined as: very high levels of guest service, high quality rooms, a good restaurant and great value for money.
It is a fairly large hotel and with some many rooms and its proximity to Heathrow, it always has a welcoming buzz. The staff are always attentive, polite, professional and above all friendly.
The rooms are comfortable, well-equipped and well-insulated (you can't hear the planes taking off & landing). All have the wonderful Radisson beds that really do aid a good night's sleep. Most rooms now have all the Freeview channels and decent size TVs on which to watch them. The standard rooms are a little compact - although this size room would be 'generous' in the West End tourist trap hotels - but perfectly useable. The deluxe rooms are noticeably more spacious and if I was travelling with someone else, with a couple of bags each, this would be my choice of room.
The Oceanic restaurant offers a reasonable range of dishes, with an American theme, so plenty of hot dogs, burgers and US-style sandwiches. Room service is also pretty good with more 'snack' style dishes. Oceanic doubles as a bar and there is also the Bijou bar; Bijou is superb, with a distinct decor and feel that is both welcoming and relaxing.
The park & fly package allows you to leave your car at the hotel and then have a chauffeur take you to your chosen terminal. Upon return, you can be met at the terminal with your car, so you can drive straight off. When you compare this option to that of airport parking, it is excellent value for money, particularly as some of the park & fly packages also include an attractive discount on dinner in the restaurant the night before you fly.
As a cheaper alternative, the hotel is also on the hoppa-bus route that goes - I think - to most terminals.
For me, there are three absolute stand-out qualities at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow;
1. The laundry. Presumably as the hotel deals with travellers who are passing through, often on a deadline, it is well versed in providing a prompt laundry service. Whenever I have used it, my items have been returned within a few hours, beautifully cleaned and presented.
2. The staff. Large chain hotels can be soulless, corporate spaces where the staff are quite aloof. Here, they all seem to be enjoying their work and 9 times out of 10, when you pass any member of staff in one of the corridors, they will greet you with a smile and hello. I have a theory on this; the hotel is well aware that people in airport hotels are likely to be away from home and loved ones - especially those on business - and so being very friendly is a way of making guests feel welcome and offsetting that feeling of being away from home. It works particularly well in the restaurant, where it often feels very maternal. It is a very subtle yet clever skill.
3. The value for money. The rooms here are usually less than half the cost of the other Radisson Blu Edwardian properties in the West End. In fact you could stay here and probably get a taxi in & out of the West End and still spend less than staying in the West End. The guest experience is better than many 5* hotels for much less money, so it represents great value for money. I'd also suggest that trading up from a budget hotel chain to the Radisson Heathrow will start and/or round off your holiday with something that bit special and is worth the extra cost.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Hotel Hayes
- Radisson Hayes
- Hayes Radisson
- Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel Hayes, UK - Middlesex