“Good value, good service!” 4 of 5 stars

Comfort Hotel Heathrow
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Shepiston Lane, Hayes UB3 1LP, England   |
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Hayes
Paris, France
“Good value, good service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We are french couple and we stayed in the comfort hotel in August 2011 for 3 nights.
First it's a great value hotel, not far to heathrow aeoport.
Everything was good during our stay, (room, restaurant, bar...) especially the staff and the french receptionist Vincent which is very efficient and friendly.
It was of course easier for us to have an chance to speak french as we don't speak very much english (sorry for bad english!).
He was very efficient at the check-in which was good because we were very tirred, and want just to sleep, but we come back later and Vincent give us lots information on London downtown, the place to see, and how to go there,very helpful.
We stay in a good room, the bed was ok, we had problem with AC but called the reception and they send a person in the room to fix the problem.
The check out was ok (not with Vincent), and finally we were really happy with our stay in the Comfort Hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room on first floor was quiet, and good. We will advise our friends this hotel in London...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
GM-CHH, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Heathrow, responded to this review, January 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback following your recent stay.
I was very pleased to read that you were very happy with everything during your stay and that any problems were quickly resolved once brought to our attention.

Vincent is very proud to have received such recognition, so thank you once again.

We look forward to being of service again on your next visit to England.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

This was the second time I,ve used this Hotel and it was only lack of availability that forced me to use this truly AWFUL hotel again. The most upsetting aspect of my two visits is the complete lack of customer care! When I booked-in there was a young foreign girl behind reception who seemed determined to carry out the whole booking-in procedure without making any eye contact or showing any facial expression whatsoever!! and spoke in mono-tone voice which made you feel that you were intruding on her personal time and that she was doing you a favour by booking you in. When I queried hopper bus times I was thrown a leaflet without her eyes leaving the computer screen, just plain RUDE!. My pre-arrival experience was no better - I had a query on my booking reference so I went onto their website - NO TELEPHONE NUMBER!!. When I eventually I found the number on 118 it took me no less than 7 calls before I actually managed to speak to a human being - The fact that you cant talk to somebody at a hotel is just unbelievable in this day and age! Needless to say I WONT be booking this hotel again, and if you want a degree of courtesy or customer care I'd advise you to do the same.

Room Tip: book into another hotel
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

First impressions were great when you walked into the lobby. However once you leave this area you are in for a surprise. I had a single room and it should be against the law to be able to let out such a small room. There was no room to even to open your suitcase. I am glad I am not a large person as it would've been a physical impossibility to sit on the toilet and to have a shower. The shower was that small that I had to open the curtain and shower half in the cubicle and half in the room. The hallways stunk. We had dinner at what looked a nice restraurant in the lobby area even though the prices were outragious. The service was lousy and the food was that bad that we could not eat it. I have never had a hotel experience before that it has motivated me to write a review before. Stay away from this one, you will be glad you did.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. I was pleased to read that your initial sense of arrival was positive.

With regards to the single bedroom, I can appreciate that on this occasion, a single room was not suitable for you personally. However I must mention for the benefit of the readers, that these rooms are clearly sold as ‘Single rooms’ and usually priced cheaper than our standard rooms for two people. Especially during such economic conditions these rooms offer great value.

It was surprising to read that you’re found the food quality poor, as we receive great feedback both in house and online regarding quality and value.

Regards
Daydream Island, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

I stayed at the Comfort Hotel Heathrow on Shepiston Lane in Hayes for the night of November 13th, 2011 during long layover. A Sunday night.
Bought a Hoppa ticket from National Express rep at Heathrow, terminal 4 downstairs after luggage claim and private drivers- 7 pound r/t.

NOTE: No change and higher price if bought on bus or higher price from terminal hotel referral. Heathrow black taxi said he would charge 12 pound for transfer one way.

I took bus 482 from terminal 4 (several stops at front) to terminal 5 and caught Hoppa at HH26 stop. Easy ride to Hayes- dropped off at front door, 10 minutes at most, but I was only passenger. Heathrow black taxi said he would charge 12 pound for transfer one way.

Arrived and was checked in by young woman with assistance from a Ms. Merriman, the operations head. Very pleasant and efficient woman.
Room was 182 on ground floor down a few halls and turns. Electronic card entry locks. Basic full size firm bed, clean sheets and light cover with private bath and decent 27" analog television w/basic cable and working remote and easy sit chair, drink table and telephone. Hard chair at dresser/desk with mirror and lamp.
Room furnishings were older and showed age, but all was clean and orderly.Carpets fair.
Coffee pot/tea kettle with powdered coffee/tea, two good heavy cups and saucers w/real spoons was there.
Fair lighting with two bedside lamps and dresser lamp and entry lamps.
Small Bathroom had a tub/shower combo, cheap paper roll, good hot water and pressure, basic but clean, extra towels in entrance shelf with extra pillow and plenty hangers.
Ground floor window opened to parking lot with sheers and drapes .
Thermostat was a complete mystery. I was comfortable though.

I took a evening stroll down road to pub and had a brew. A few locals watching the horse races and hooting. Good older crowd, did not eat there at local recommendation. Walked back and had brew and steak pie from Comfort Inn bar and sat in large seating/dining area with three large screen televisions. Reasonable prices for beer/food for area. I did not sample the main restaraunt.

Only problem was at check out when I approached desk early morn with bags and backpack and overcoat and saw Hoppa bus backing up in front of entrance door. I asked the three young men behind desk doing nothing but watching me if the bus would park and wait momentarily ? Two stared and one nodded and upon prodding, said yes, but made no attempt to come around counter and alert driver that passenger with bags was coming momentarily. That would have been the decent thing to do. It took a bit to get receipt of simple charges while they prodded and loaded copy machine to work. Missed bus, silently cursed and had a smoke and waited forty minutes for next bus and was off.
I had no problems for one night, but did get awakened by early early arrival in upstairs room or hallway thru squeaking groaning floorboards.

I can recommend for one or two nights, but would seek other accomodations for longer stay. Price was fair thru online reservation made thru Choice.com. I used 6000 points for award stay. Cash price was 67 pound. Much better than Hilton or Soffitel rate for short stay and short ride.
I am member of their frequent travel program and do not know if I was upgraded or not.

Room Tip: There were not many guests when I stayed, but a full house could get testy. Ms. Merriman seems most...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such detailed feedback following your recent stay. I know that Ms Merriman whom you speak so highly of in your review has looked into the problem you had during check out.

We look forward to being of service again on your next trip through Heathrow and thank you for choosing Choice hotels..
Norwich, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

Arriving late into Heathrow just wanted a good value reasonable hotel and for £60.95 through late.rooms including full englich breakfast, which was as good if not better than some I've had, couldn't complain at all. The staff were very helpful and pleasant, 6 of us got off the Hotel Hopper at around 10:30pm and with only one person on the desk I'm sure we all thought we were in for a long wait, but 2 other staff appeared and along with a duty manager set to, to get us all booked in as quickly as possible. Decent room on ground floor with twin beds, bathroom OK, basic but clean with a liquid hand soap dispenser and likewise for shower gel and shampoo, much more environementally friendly than all those little plastic bottles you get in other chains!!! Bar and restaurant area looked very welcoming and clean as were corridoors to rooms, Bed was comfortable, shower wasn't fantastic but OK, all in all no complaints and wouldn't hesitate to stay again at that price. The Hopper bus did take a while to get there in the evening as it went ia just about every other hotel in the area so I did get an earlier one that intended next morning but that only stopped at one other hotel!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I was pleased to see that we met your expectations in so many aspects of your stay and that you found the special promotional rate with breakfast, to be of excellent value - along with the quality of the breakfast itself.

As you rightly mention we use pump dispenser toiletries as a Green initiative and are proud that we have recently been awarded Silver grading as part of the Greener tourism business scheme.

We look forward to being of service again on your next trip through Heathrow.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Like they say, location is everything, and it certainly is at this hotel. We have stayed here before and keep returning because its location is so convenient for flights to and from Heathrow. The property itself is neat and well-kept, and the staff is helpful and polite. There is parking available. I have only two negative comments: first, the price includes the room, period. There is an extra charge for everything else: parking, breakfast, wifi, you name it. They make that clear up front, so it is not a surprise, but I still would prefer (who wouldn't?) to have some of these things included. The other problem was a little more serious. We stayed here two different times during our trip, once when we were first coming in to the London area and wanted to be near Windsor, and later when we had an early flight out of Heathrow. Both times, our rooms were not what we reserved. The first time, since there were three of us, I reserved a room with a double bed and a pullout sofa that was supposed to accommodate two according to the description on the website. Instead, we got a room with a double and a strange rollaway-type bed that really wouldn't have slept a twelve year old comfortably, much less an adult. Since it was late, and we were leaving early the next morning, we let it go. But then when we came back at the end of the trip, I had reserved a double with a pullout sofa for one--there were only two of us, but I thought that would give us more space. Instead, we received a double with no sofa at all. In both cases, we were using points; if I had been charged for the rooms I reserved and then received the rooms we did, I would have probably protested more (and I probably should have anyway...) In both cases, the rooms were adequate, but not what I had reserved. It just made me feel a little slighted. So I can't rate this hotel as well as I might otherwise...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback following several visits.

I was sorry to hear that there was some confusion regarding the bedroom allocation. With regards to our rollaway beds, these are only suitable for children and not available for adults. Should you require a bedroom for three adults on a future visit, please contact the hotel direct to make your reservation and we will ensure all your requirements are met. You will also be pleased to know that we offer Bed and breakfast packages which can be booked at the same time.

In the meantime we appreciate your continued loyalty as a Choice hotels customer and look forward to seeing you again on a future occasion.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

I stayed here recently through a Legoland package, and found the stay most enjoyable. We had a family room which we found to be clean, comfortable and roomy, which was a plus. The stay were very friendly and pleasant. We had our evening meals at the hotel which were really good, it came out hot and with good sized portions. Breakfast was very bountyful, offering a large selection and although the staff were having a busy morning, they were still most attentive ensuring all had their teas and coffee. We enjoyed our staff here and would definately return and recommend to friends.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a complimentary review following your recent theme park break.
I was delighted to read that we met your expectations on so many levels and that you have no hesitation in recommending the Comfort Hotel Heathrow.
We look forward to being of service again to you and your family on a future visit.

Regards

Been to Comfort Hotel Heathrow? Share your experiences!