“Over priced and limited menu” 2 of 5 stars

0208 954 4949 ‎
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hare at Old Redding is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #453 of 1,181 restaurants in Middlesex
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: This loveable country pub and restaurant is a highlight on the Old Redding dining scene. Located in Brookshill, The Hare at Old Redding is a cosy place to enjoy a hearty meal, come rain or shine ��� the restaurant is equipped with both open fires for grey winter���s days and a delightful beer garden perfect for sunny summer barbecues and jugs of Pimms. Surrounded by beautiful scenery, woodland and local walks, The Hare at Old Redding is the perfect place to stop for a lazy lunch, working meals or Sunday sessions. With a village vibe and super friendly service, The Hare at Old Redding is a stellar spot to enjoy great food and wine with friends.
Hertfordshire
“Over priced and limited menu”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We have visited the Hare many times and love it but recently with friends we were limited to a set menu with no many choices, overpriced and lack of interest by the staff. Oh dear what has happened to this lovely restaurant. Very disappointed.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

55% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“Starters are lovely ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We went for lunch from work and order a selection of starters. I enjoyed the duck, there was a vegetarian mezze platter and a delicious smoked salmon dish. I highly recommend. We sat in the garden. The weather was good and the staff were friendly.

We had no room left for a main course!

Athens, Greece
“Needs a good manager”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have been to the Hare probably 4-5 times during the year. Food is always good. The service is randomly up and down. On my last visit early last month on a Sunday must have been the 'down' day. The problem was there was a staff shift change and the waitress who took our order had left without obvioulsy informing her substitute of our order.

Worst of all had it not been for us to complain we maight have still being sitting there! Needless to say they offered us a bottle of the wine etc but things like that should never happen. This place definitely needs a good manager. I am sure they can do it!

Panos

Visited September 2013
Hatfield
“Great food, small menu!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We visited The Hare to celebrate a friends birthday, this was my first visit. Before visiting I looked online to check out the menu and I was quite impressed, especially with the selection of steaks available. However on arrival we were handed a 1 sheet menu with approx. 6 starters and 8 main courses on, including only 1 steak.

The food however was very good, I had the duck pate to start which was amazing, and then the steak for the main course. It all came stacked up, chips on the bottom then the steak, then a flat mushroom and a thick slice of tomato on the peak. My steak was good however one of the group said his was a bit tough. Overall most people were pleased with their meals.

The dessert selection was very poor, there were 4 or 5 available none of which were chocolate, much to my disappointment, I ended up with some ice cream, very nice but quite boring.

At the end of the meal the chef made an appearance at our table, he is new and has changed the menu, hopefully when he finds his feet a few more dishes will appear on the menu. And I pray a chocolate brownie or torte for dessert.

One thing of note they do add 10% on to the bill, so bear this is mine when tipping at the end, overall good value about £215 for 6 of us including a few drinks.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“karen”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

What a shame came here for mothers day and what a fantastic meal we had. So my mother in law suggested coming here again. The first thing we had was a Sunday menu there was a choice of 5 starters but not one of the 5 of us liked the starters but maybe that's us just being fussy, anyways myself and the mother in law ordered the lamb, it had no flavor of lamb and to be honest tasted of beef, we sent it back only to be told it was definitively lamb and maybe it was although I have eaten lamb all my life we had it every Sunday when I was a child and it never tasted like that..All the same it was as tough as old boots. We were offered alternatives and mother in law had the chicken which she said was very nice. But when you are paying £12 for a roast dinner I expect it to be really good and to be able to taste all the flavors, granted the chef came out and said he had only taken over 3 weeks ago and was sorting out everything. But for what is essential a pub lunch and you pay the extra for I expected a lot better, and also we had 3 different people serving our table who to be honest were not very attentive they should have one person looking after a number of tables not any waitress after going all over the place which is what it looked. On mothers day we had one waitress which is what should happen. All in all we have said will not be going back here again which is a shame as when we went before it was such a good experience.

• Visited September 2013