We have just got back after spending a weekend at this prison camp! Jeremy Kyle should relocate his studio here, he would have a field day!! I know that this is a budget holiday camp but there is no excuse for the filth and lack of facilities. We upgraded to a club apartment which meant the price included the cost of the electricity. The apartment itself was basic but generally fairly clean. The floor could have done with a wash! The kitchen was clean and had new pans and oven trays. Unfortunately there was only 1 socket in the kitchen which made it very tricky when cooking. The cooker could not be used at the same time as the hot water. The mattresses were very uncomfortable and you could feel the springs. The duvets and pillows were very poor quality. One of the legs on the sofa bed kept falling off. I informed reception of this problem, was told someone would come straight away but we did not see anyone all weekend! The apartment was lovely and warm. It was very disappointing that the pool was closed and we had not been informed prior to arrival. The communal areas were filthy. The arcade carpet was disgusting and the floor around the bar area was very sticky. There was very little for the children to do there unless you were prepared to pay through the nose e.g £2 for a go on the trampoline, £4 to play in the games zone and then the arcade which was 50p or £1 a go. We went down to the entertainment on the first night which was packed with children running wild and very drunk parents. The table behind us was sent flying by a drunk dad who fell off his chair, knocking the table over, which was full of drinks, and then landing on top of his daughter who he then blamed for the whole incident! Drinks are only served in plastic cups. A member of bar staff informed my husband that they cannot give out glasses as there are lots of fights. He then went on to say that the previous night a man had to be removed from the bar because he was fighting and was on steroids!! The language from many of the guests was disgraceful. We escaped for the afternoon on Sunday and drove to Southport which was lovely.
I have stayed at holiday parks in the past and as a child and had a great time but Pontins Southport is in a league of its own!!! If you are looking for a break in depressing surroundings, are prepared to spend a fortune on activities for your children and are not particular about the type of people you are surrounded by (It is like being on holiday with the residents of Benefits Street!!!) then go to Pontins, Southport. The place needs knocking down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New pontins was born in 2011 following the purchase by Britannia Hotels.Our Managers and Staff are proud to work at Pontins and proud of our recent improvements. All rooms have been refurbished and refurnished and provide a comfortable base for your holiday. We have greatly increased our facilities on Park with loads of free stuff and some activities with a small charge. New this year is our state of the art games room featuring XBOX and PS3 consoles and high speed PC's to satisfy all the gamers amongst you.We have also improved our food service with great value meals in the restaurant at £5 for a 3 course meal and only £3.95 for our famous eat as much as you want breakfast.Then of course we have 3 bars and entertainment venues hosted by our world famous Bluecoats providing everything from bingo to exceptional visiting cabarets including finalists from the X Factor and Britains Got Talent.Plus there is so much to see and do in the surrounding area and we feel that Southport Pontins is a great choice of venue for a great value and entertaining holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, LateRooms, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Pontins Southport Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pontins Southport Holiday Park Hotel Southport
- Pontins Hotel Southport
- Pontins Resort Southport
- Pontins Southport Holiday Park England