“Great service” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Went to china city just after Christmas for a meal with my family, I had never been before so did not know what to expect. The restaurant was empty so I was a bit dubious but I had no need. They offer three set price menus even on a Saturday night which is unusual the prices ranged from £10 to £15 per person for a two course or banquet, even with the two course you get prawn crackers and dips whilst waiting for your food. Food was excellent and plenty of it,service was 1st class and the owner even came over for a chat.. Enjoyed it so much I am going back again this Saturday.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

69% Recommend
Southport, England, United Kingdom
“Economic with good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We eat here whenever we're at this end of town. It's probably the best value evening meal in Southport. It's more friendly, less formal than a typical Chinese restaurant and will make you feel at home. The food is good also. Ask for the little loyalty card which gives you 10% off in future.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Best Of them All”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Been in Southport for Decades, quite simply the best food Oriental food in Southport, best to book, always busy, not surprising really

Visited November 2012
Southport, United Kingdom
“Southports finest Chinese”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I love coming here whether its a birthday, anniversary or Chinese new year it never disappoints the food and service are fantastic, caters brilliantly for families.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Southport, United Kingdom
“I won't be going back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I visited new china city restaurant last weekend and I love chinese food so I was looking forward to sampling the food that I heard was very good with the novelty of spinning table tops and karaoke. We were a party of 8 and we all had either the 3 course or 5 course special which included duck, a starter platter of spring rolls, prawn toast etc and a main (and a dessert and soup for the five course) The starters came out on a tray and were ok. The spring rolls were not to my taste but the prawn toast was good. The duck was also nice but that is about it as far as how much I enjoyed it. The main course I ordered was crispy shredded beef in chilli sauce. It had hardly any sauce and was very bland (almost like the sauce was just oil with a chilli spice in it...and tasted very greasy.... I did not enjoy it at all and left it after a few mouthfulls as I felt sickly eating it. The rest of our group who also had a main that was "battered" also said it was too greasy and one other also left hers. Two of our group had a main that did not consist of a battered meat and they said it was nice.

I did not enjoy the food and I wont be returning. There are better chinese restaurants in Southport in my opinion for similar price.

• Visited October 2012