“Australian Couple” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barford House Holiday Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southport
Barford House Holiday Apartments
You added Barford House Holiday Apartments to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   32 Avondale Road | Southport, Southport PR9 0ND, England   |
Johnsonville, Australia
“Australian Couple”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

WOW!! Owner Pauline greeted us at the front door of BARFORD HOUSE with a warm welcome after our long trip from Australia. We could not fault a single thing in each apartment we stayed in. Apartment 3 at first, then apartment 4. Every little item was in each apartments and if missing Pauline had a new one, if requested. Quality linen,homewares, curtains and furnishing were in each apartment. Pauline answered all our queries in relation to Southport and surrounds with a wonderful smile! Let me also add the beautiful gardens at Barford House more evidence of Pauline's great taste! We recommend this establishment to all, especially like minded people who want the best....we had it at Barford House. You may be lucky enough to catch Pauline's great sense of humour as a bonus.If you are expecting the best you will find it at Barford House.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

154Pauline32, Owner at Barford House Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Thankyou so much, your lovely comments have put a big smile on my face!
I look forward to seeing you again in the future. .
Take care

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We really enjoyed staying at Barford House,Southport.
Pauline,the owner,is a very kind,helpful person who did her best to ensure that we all had a great stay.She even made sure there were enough children's DVDs in the apartment for our 7 year old to watch in the evenings.
Wouldn't hesitate to book again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

154Pauline32, Owner at Barford House Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thanks for your lovely comments, hope to see you again sometime in the future. Glad you enjoyed your stay at Barford House.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Absolutely Fabulous !.
Warm welcome awaits from Pauline, tasteful modern decor,quality furnishings,cosy king size bed with snuggly bedding,clean bright bathroom and well stocked kitchen,the living room had been decorated for xmas and the extra touch of box of chocs was a lovely personal touch .

Room Tip: Apartment 3 .
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
154Pauline32, Owner at Barford House Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thanks for your lovely comments it makes all my hard work worthwhile!
See you next year
Chapel-en-le-Frith, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Myself and my parents have just returned from a wonderful stay at Barford house. The accommodation was really comfortable and our hostess Pauline(who was more than welcoming) had catered for my father who is disabled. She put into place all the facilities my father needed to have a comfortable stay which he most certainly did. The apartment was well furnished and extremely clean and the kitchen was well equipped. The garden was also very well maintained and nice to sit out in and enjoy in nice weather.

We will be returning next year already provisionally booked.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
154Pauline32, Owner at Barford House Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your lovely comments. I was so pleased you all enjoyed your stay and the weather was good enough for you to be able to take your Dad out in the wheelchair.

Look forward to seeing you all next Summer. Let me know nearer the time if you want me to book you the electric scooter again.

Pauline
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Im very late in writing this review and I apologise for that.
I am from New Zealand and was told by a friend that I should stay in Southport. Had no idea where it was or what it was like. I looked on the internet and saw the gardens at Barford and thought hmmmm I like that.
Pauline was brilliant - I spoke to her and told her when I would be arriving in UK and she arranged transport for me from Manchester Airport which was a blessing after a 30hr flight.
My stay was for 4 days and I loved every minute of it. Pauline was so helpful and the apartment was absolutely beautiful. While I was in the UK I managed to stay at Barford again on several occasions and found Pauline just as lovely as ever and very helpful. I am coming back over in 2013 and will definitely stay there again - wouldnt want to stay anywhere else.
Thankyou Pauline .

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
154Pauline32, Owner at Barford House Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thankyou for your lovely comments about Barford House Apartments and gardens Hellie. What a lovely surprise!

I look forward to having you stay for a longer spell next year.

The gardens were entered into Northwest In Bloom and I am recieving an award in October.

I am now a volunteer gardener and look after some of the gardens along Lord Street.
Caretnoir,France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from our 10 day holiday in Southport.We stayed here at The Barford Holiday Apartments,for the 10 days.We have travelled and stayed at many places in Europe,but this tops the lot.Up until the day of of arrival,we contacted Pauline,the owner,and she was always very warm and helpful.She greated us warmly on arrival,and from there everything got better.Our rooms were amazing. Everything immaculate,and great design.One could not find better,not only for the price,but almost anywhere.This does only apply to the accommodation,but also for the amazing gardens,her pride and joy,and it shows.Pauline has won awards for the gardens,and well deserved.Pauline herself is a very helpfull,hardworking,genuine person.Our life is the the better for staying at her place,and knowing her,One more thing I must say,is that all the equipment was of good quality,worked,and
very comprehensive,Thank you Pauline., , .,, ...

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent,the ground floor are probably the best.but all rooms are just great. Al...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
154Pauline32, Owner at Barford House Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words, they mean alot.
You will be pleased to hear the RHS Judges have viewed the garden and thought it was beautiful, I am now entered into Northwest in Bloom.
Hope to see you both again, take care.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We can only agree with other reviewers' glowing comments. Barford House, with its beautiful garden, is situated in a quiet location, yet only a few minutes walk from the centre of Southport. Our apartment was comfortable, well-equipped and spotlessly clean. Pauline is the ideal hostess - on hand and helpful but not intrusive. Thoroughly recommended (and thank-you Pauline for finding and posting back my glasses!).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Barford House Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thankyou so much for your lovely comments regarding your apartment and my pride and joy the garden! I have just found out that Barford House is going to be added to the Southport in bloom tour route. The RHS judges will come and view the garden in a few weeks time. I am so pleased!
I was so glad I found your glasses, they are too expensive to keep replacing. Look forward to seeing you both again.

Been to Barford House Holiday Apartments? Share your experiences!