“Superb food and very friendly!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Tel 01704 501120
Southport, United Kingdom
“Superb food and very friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The food was exceptional. Ordered a seafood risotto and was not let down, it was very tasty . Staff where very nice and went out of there way to make our night special. Can't fault this place. Have eaten in restaurants around the world and would say that this is one of the most tasty meals I have ever had in Southport.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Wigan, United Kingdom
“Poor quality food; even poorer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Came here a lot when it was the fantastic Mediterraneo. Thought we'd try it again. we were the only table occupied at 7 o'clock! Not a good sign of popularity. Waited 40 mins for starters. Garlic mushrooms = soggy mess, pâté OK, calamari tough. Ordered 3 steaks, lasagne and a chicken main. Waited almost an hour. Steaks came all quite well done. one dish of potatoes and veg between 5 people. Poor quality. Brother in law bought a kebab later in evening - still hungry. Expensive for what it was. No tip, other than get Boris back.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Jarrow
“Good food slow service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Chicio's is situated just 5min. walk off the main Lord st. it look a nice place to have a meal so I though I would give it a try, once inside it was clean and tidy and every one enjoyed there meal, but it was let down by the painfully slow service!
The Tuesday night I was there, there was a party of 12 and just 2 other tables of 2 and my own table of 3, so not that busy and yet it took us over 45 min for our starter course to arrive, which to me unacceptable. I came very close to walking out!
When I complained about the slow service, I was simply told that everything was cooked freshly to order, is that not the case in the majority of restaurants with the exceptions of the likes of MacDonalds?

• Visited July 2011