“Average all the way” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in Southport
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“Average all the way”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

the room was ok, clean, tidy, nice smelling, bit small, but couldn't really argue at the price. We didn't bother with breakfast so I couldn't comment. The only problem I have is with the parking, their car park was full, so was the over flow car park and the sister hotels car park so I had to park in some back road, which I wasn't all that happy about and I had to pay to park there even less happy about. All in all, I would stay there again if they sorted out the parking, if not, I would give it a miss

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

do not stop at this hotel we book to stop here from 8 tell 10 we come back on the 9 as we didnt want to stop here any longer the room we got
was numb 125 right next to a disco so got no sleep all night we was on bed breakfast &eveing meal and a 99p bar we got send over to the prince of wales for are eveing meal as was not doing any at scarisbrick for some reason so you was aveing to walk back and fourth between hotels which was not on when u are disabled ps it all so smelt in the bedroom i will allso be geting in touch with britannia hotels company as they own them

Room Tip: dont know of any
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Just stayed in room 401 at this hotel. This is a deluxe room and it was fabulous. Massive bed, large bathroom(shower above bath which has a jacuzzi), and a lounge with settee and coffee tables. Very clean, spacious and comfortable. there were a few blips ie bit of mould on ceiling and cigarette ash on lounge windowsills-shame on those who still smoke in hotel bedrooms! we were right next to the lift but were not disturbed by any other guests however you will hear noise from the front of the hotel to the early hours of the morning as people congregate on the seats outside (you will only notice this from the lounge though). The breakfast room seems small for the size of the hotel and on our second morning we had to wait to be called to the table as so many people eating at the same time. Breakfast is plentiful and hot. Parking is a problem as the car park is small and it's a 'first come first served basis' which was a disappointment because of disability. Staff very helpful & friendly. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed Monday 4th march room 006 - I hated it the room stank - the beds were un comfy and the noise was ridiculous on a Monday night out of season to have music that loud 'bar humbug bar' yes you was/is absolutely ridiculous - I was exhausted after only getting two hours sleep due to people kicking off outside our window - the hotel itself was shabby - there was nothing to do in surrounding area - staff werent especially friendly - I would never go back to southport nevermind the scarisbrick !!

• Stayed March 2013
Exeter, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

i stayed here from the first till third of march with my fiancee and after struggling to find parking for a few hours after the receptionist said they didn't know where i could park if there sister hotel car park was full i finally parked and when i got to reception i had to wait for 20 mins to be seen,

finally checked in we went to are room but as soon as u walked in there was a smell of sewer waste, it came and went during the stay and when we realized we were over looking scarisbrick avenue we did think it would be to bad as the had two lots of double glazing windows but that didn't stop the noise coming through and even after the pubs/club have shut u can still here people on there travels down the avenue.

the cleaners never cleaned the room they only make the bed.
the breakfast wast a buffet which was good the food was great but u had to wait to be seated witch could take some time

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Penmachno
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed here about 3 years ago and found it very good for the money, however we spent the 1st and 2nd March 2013 here in room 115, what a nightmare,asked when we arrived about parking and was told that the hotel car park was full and that we could pay to park in their sister hotel, no instructions to what it was called or where it was!!!!
Went to our room opened the door and almost fell on to the bed as this was a single room with a double bed in it, very,very small! This room is located by the nightclub and bottle bank,so once the music stopped at about 3am,then they started emptying the bottles,clink, clink!!!!
Breakfast......buffet style so been out for a long time and it was like rubber!
Payed £62 for the two nights,cheap l know but l would'nt pay £5 to stay there again,Britannia Hotels you should be ashamed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
merseyside
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights for my birthday and wedding anniversary, check in quick however did have to pay £2 surcharge even though I was paying with a debit card not credit card, I emailed the hotel prior to my arrival asking for the new section as I have stayed here at least 10 times before, the room was not in the new section, it was dirty and mould all over the ceiling, I complained and asked could I move which without hesitation I was offered another room, this was worse than the first, burnt marks on the carpet, cigarette burns on the bedding , again I asked for a move I was told they could move me again but to a much smaller room, as long as it was clean I wasn't bothered, I was moved to room 234 no heating, no hot water , you had a radiator to plug in!!! I just gave up at least it was clean, Expect a long wait for breakfast 30 mins wait even though there were free tables, not enough staff to cope with the volume of people, breakfast not too bad however no fresh orange available said they were waiting for it to be brought up!! And Cold toast, also you now have to pay to go into the gym/swimming pool this was always included in the price, the hotel is now run by Britannia they need to step up to the mark as I certainly will not be returning back there, it's a shame this was once a lovely hotel.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Scarisbrick Hotel? Share your experiences!