“Ask away!” 4 of 5 stars

01704 533 872
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Liverpool
“Ask away!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I (33) visited with my husband and mother in law and our 17 month old daughter on a hot Thursday afternoon. The place only had about 5 other full tables so it was lovely and quiet with attentive staff. The staff made a fuss of our little girl which she loved. They also brought her out strawberries and grapes for free.
The menu is typical but quite extensive. I had a salmon salad but at £11.25 this was quite expensive given that it was just a salad... MIL had spaghetti carbonara which was lovely and creamy and my husband had lasagne with a side of chips - he practically lucked the plate clean because it was so tasty.
I'd go again because they're so child friendly and that makes a huge difference. The food is good but I don't think £11 for a salad is particularly great value - but maybe I should have ordered a cheaper pasta dish.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal, great price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had a lovely meal here on holiday with friends. We had the 3 course special at 13.95 per person and every meal ( there were 4 of us) was delicious. Really good value, friendly service and nice atmosphere. Would recommend!

Visited July 2013
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Good food and good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The venue was very pleasant, the staff were extremely helpful and the food was excellent also well priced

Visited July 2013
Southport, United Kingdom
“Scrumptious!! All is forgiven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I wrote a review about ASK before, when it was not as good.. we thought we would give it another try, and I am so PLEASED that we did. Lovely atmosphere, but, more importantly, LOVELY FOOD! The service was better this time, quicker, friendlier. Such a nice atmosphere, spacious, warm, lovely high ceilings, everything spic and span, excellent music. I had a chicken dish, a sort of chargrilled chicken breast (I forget the actual name of the dish), but, ummm, it was so delicious. Best ever!! Garlic bread was super, light and yummy. Dessert was HUGE! Tiramisu, gorgeous. My son had profiteroles.. a goodly portion again! 10/10 for Ask, Southport. We shall return.. cannot wait!!!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Winsford, United Kingdom
“Not the best Italian!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The staff were very welcoming and friendly without being overpowering. The food was overpriced and very small portions. I had the margherita prima pizza which was cold and tasteless. The still lemonade was so bitter I had to buy a chocolate bar at a local shop to get rid of the foul taste afterwards. It's a shame because beside the food it was nice. The food is very important when choosing a restaurant though ...

Visited June 2013