“Nice atmosphere with tasty food.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #68 of 222 restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Italian
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Nice atmosphere with tasty food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I have been coming here for the last 12 years. We've always had good freshly prepared food complimented by attentive service. We find prices very competitive and would recommend Casa Italia to any lovers of Italian food.

• Visited April 2013

70% Recommend
Andover, United Kingdom
“Lunch at Casa Italia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

my friend and i had lunch here as it had been recommended to us and we chose a pork dish with rice for the main course it was good, nothing special but the desserts were definitley special, my friend chose panacotta which she very much enjoyed and I chose Sticky toffee pudding a dessert I have never tried because I have an aversion to dates but I was assured they make it without dates here. I cant remember when i last had such a delicious dessert I could have happily had two helpings!! so I would definitley recommend this restaurant for a meal, the service was good and we felt it had a pleasant atmosphere.

• Visited April 2013
Galashiels, United Kingdom
“Very nice again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Second visit to Southport and a second visit to Casa Italia.

Didn't book but got a table without problem. Staff were helpful and the ambience is pretty good.

We gave the starters a miss to leave room for sweets. Kids had pizzas and adults had pastas, all of which were very nice. My lasagne was really good.

Sweets were also good.

Would consider again.

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Quite nice food but poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The food was pretty good but we were unsure wether it had been pre-prepared and then warmed up as it didnt seem like it had been freshly cooked.
The major downside was the service of a young waitress with black hair, We were quite full after our starter so asked if we could delay our main course for a few minutes. She totally ignored this request and brought our main courses straight away,when I asked her again about it she said the chef had said no !
Also, if you want authentic italian this is not the place. Not an Italian in sight and they play English pop songs inside !
Also, as per other reviews the wine list you read is not the wine you get, you order a wine with a certain explanation and % proof and they bring you a "similar one " .

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, england
“Fair enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We hadn't expected to go here but our usual lunchtie cafe had closed (Stan and Jeanhad gone on hoday) but we were a party of 7 and were accomodated easily. The food was reasonable, the pizzas were below average but the pastas were very tadty, hence the average. Beware the toilets are upstairs and coudbe difficult for the less able: I didn't notice where the disabled loo was. Altogether it was a good enough place for lunch.

Visited March 2013