“Great night” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 25 hotels in Tenby
Carmarthen, Wales, United Kingdom
“Great night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Richard and his family run a clean, comfortable and friendly b&b which provided a fab venue for our school reunion. Our room had a massive bed and we had a lovely night's sleep after a great party in the lounge. Thank you Richard, Rhi and Morgan for working tirelessly to make it a party to remember.
If you want a lovely hotel that's excellent value for money in the middle of Tenby, this is it.
We will be back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Richard_Tenby, Owner at The Albany Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hi Julia, Thank you for your review following the recent school reunion. Really looking forward to welcoming you back in the future and I shall pass your thanks onto Rhian and Morgan :) Cheers Richard

175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Thanks to Richard for the superb welcome for the school reunion. Lovely venue and great company.

Richard's tireless effort to make the night enjoyable was appreciated by all.

See you next year and I am sorry that my roommate drove home with the key to room 4!

Ian

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Richard_Tenby, Owner at The Albany Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Hi Ian, Many thanks for leaving your review following your stay last Saturday - as you say it was a memorable night and the key did arrive back here this morning. Looking forward to next year if not before. All the best Richard :)
Ashton, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We have spent 4 nights at the hotel with National Holidays and enjoyed our stay very much. Richard was very welcoming on our arrival and throughout our stay he and the staff were faultless, always cheerful, helpful and pleasant. Please be aware that this is an old building with some age related problems, it is classed as 2 star so please don't expect 5 star conditions. It is, however, clean, comfortable and in a great location, just a short walk to the town centre. The food was varied and tasty, more than adequate and overall, our holiday was great value for money and we intend to return in the near future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard_Tenby, Owner at The Albany Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hi, Thank you so much for taking the time in writing a very constructive review following your stay with us last week. I am delighted that you enjoyed and I will pass your comments onto all concerned and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Regards Richard
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We also had a 4 night stay with National Holidays from the 9th to the 13th of September @ the Albany Hotel, and I have to say my wife Ruth and I really enjoyed our stay @ the hotel.

Admittedly there was a couple of faults with our room, and indeed Richard did offer to move us of which we took up the offer....although for us, with over 62 years service in hotel and catering, this was nothing new, and certainly not unique to this hotel, all hotels have glitches @ some time with their maintianence requirements and are in constant need of upgrading from time to time.

Asides that, which we did not hold against the hotel, it did not spoil our experience, these things were trumped by the warmth and friendliness and good service by Richard, Lisa and all their staff...they were attentitive, polite, and on the ball @ all times.

The food was excellent, and the bar, despite having no beers I would enjoy was wonderful, and it's where Richard comes into his own, with his fun and quirky entertainment each evening..he really does pull out all the stops to allow you to have fun in those comfortable surroundings.

The hotel is due for some refurbishment I believe, and with this and it's great location, We believe the hotel will go from strength to strength and have a great future...it really is a lovely little hotel.

We would go again next week, every week if we could.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard_Tenby, Owner at The Albany Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
HI, Many thanks for leaving a highly constructive review in relation to your recent stay. As you say we are carrying out a redecoration programme over this winter which will be completed hopefully by January 2014. Our main strength is our tireless work to ensure that our guests receive a high level of hospitality. Kind Regards and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future Regards Richard
port talbot
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

me and the wife stayed here few weeks ago as it was quiet cheap, but on arrival could see it wasnt a good place, the host had allready taken payment which i was dissapointed with should have asked first how i was paying, showed us to the room, which was not a nice place to stay the decor was old and dated and the bathroom wernt very nice at all my wife wouldnt have a bath as it didnt look very clean, then morning after the breakfast was a joke had to queue up to make toast the breakfast was not very nice the waiter was rough looking sleeves rolled up full of tatoos , and the wifes egg was like something u buy from toys r us so would never step into this place again plenty of nicer places for the same price

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard_Tenby, Owner at The Albany Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Hi, Thank you for your review following your stay a few weeks ago. Firstly I must say that it continues to baffle me that rather than talk to us at the time about any shortcomings that a review gets posted several weeks later.
You mention that we are quite cheap - we do price ourselves competitively as we do take into consideration that we are just about to undertake a full redecoration of the 24 guest rooms. It is our policy to take payment in advance of arrival and this is made perfectly clear on all booking conditions. All rooms are well cleaned prior to arrival so do not understand your comment relating to the bath. We operate a Breakfast buffet system which has been running successfully for many years and the feedback that we receive is usually excellent so apologies if you encountered any issues but had you mentioned at the time we would have been only too happy to rectify these issues or cook a fresh egg for you.
The team that work in our family run hotel have been with me for a considerable time and I find your remarks very offensive and discriminating with regards to staff having tattoos and they certainly do not look rough (I myself have tattoos).
Once again apologies if we did not meet with your expectations but in the near 7 years of owning the Albany the vast majority of our guests are very happy and we have many guests that return regularly and recommend us to others. Regards Richard
Leeds
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I really don't know... This hotel is in a good location close to beach and town. The whole place is clean and tidy. It has a nice humble feel to it. The room,number 9, was tiny. The floorboards above made a hell of a racket. The bed was comfy and everything in the room seemed to work. The food was ok. Ample enough portions but try not to ask for seconds or you might be disappointed. I hope I don't offend anyone when I mention the fact that a couple of the serving staff had extensive tattoos on full display. Just didn't lend itself in my opinion.
. To sum up, my wife and I stayed 4 nights with National Holidays and it was ok value. I would have been disappointed if I had been paying the full rates.

Room Tip: High floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard_Tenby, Owner at The Albany Hotel, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Hi, Thank you for leaving your review following your recent stay and pleased that you found your room comfortable, clean and all in a working condition. As an old hotel there are some noisy floorboards etc.. Also pleased that you found the food good and ample portions and I did speak to you before you left explaining that we don't serve 'unlimited trips up to the hot breakfast carvery' for our coach guests which is also stated on the menu and you accepted and agreed with me at the time?
With regards to your comments relating to tattoos you are of course entitled to your opinion. I myself have tattoos and do not see any reason whatsoever in employing staff who have them - my main criteria is can they do their job effectively and have the right personality - and the answer to this is that all of my staff do. (previous review "laugh a minute" was on the same coach and said how friendly the staff were) - as do the majority of our reviews, and the same team have been with me some considerable time and I wouldn't dream of discriminating against anyone for having tattoos or for any other reason. Regards Richard
hull
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

stayed here with National Holidays for 4 nights from 16th September and we never stopped laughing.Richard is a born comedian.The place does need decorating but why worry when the food is excellent the staff friendly,the location great and the owner as mad as a hatter.We will be back oh and they don't rip you off at the bar.Thanks Richard until we meet againd.Des and Kath room 21

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard_Tenby, Owner at The Albany Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Hi, Many thanks for your review and really pleased that you enjoyed the hospitality and the food. With regards to the decoration we will be carrying out a redecoration of all rooms over the coming months. It doesn't cost anything to smile and have a joke with people and pleased you enjoyed the way in which we run the hotel. Look forward to seeing you in the future. Regards Richard :)

Been to The Albany Hotel? Share your experiences!