“All in the staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Tenby
London, United Kingdom
“All in the staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Recently stayed at the Imperial for an activity weekend with friends. I realize that we were quite a demanding group, but the staff, especially the girl on reception bent over backwards to accommodate all of our needs. The food was tasty and filling served by enthusiastic waiting staff - although we were a tiny bit late and unorganized coming for dinner.
Stunning views and welcoming atmosphere.
See you next time we're in town.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Simon M, Manager at The Imperial Tenby Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Many thanks for your positive review of your stay with us and we are pleased to read that you enjoyed the Hotel and Services that we provide, I shall certainly make sure that all the team and specially reception staff are aware of your kind comments, We are glad that you took advantage of our location and magical views the hotel had to offer. I look forward to see in the near future. Regards, Simon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Re-visited the Imperial this week for a lunchtime snack. We love eating in such spectacular surroundings with the amazing views over to Caldey Island. The outside terrace has been smartened up with flower boxes, but would really be enhanced with perhaps some of that artificial grass, or an alternative... my wife found the smell of the current rubberised flooring quite overpowering. The staff were helpful and this hotel deserves proper recognition.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time and coming back for lunch in this amazing views that we can offer. I am glad you notice the improvement we have made and the staff were helpful to your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Regards, Simon
Pontefract
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Went for a week but was too ill to leave the hotel. The staff were wonderful and attentive to my needs. They tried every day to secure a wheel chair so that I could at least see a bit of Tenby but without success. The views over the sea from the balcony were fantastic and the sun was a bonus. I read several books and felt comfortable to spend the time in the hotel. The dining room is spacious and afforded spectacular views wherever we sat. It is wise to request bath or shower as I had great difficulty bathing. Now that I am recovered will be going back to catch up on what I missed.

Room Tip: Recommend paying a bit extra for sea view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
I am delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay at the Imperial Hotel and that you enjoyed your stay with.I am really sorry we could´t find a wheelchair in a short space of time but I am glad you still enjoy in our public areas with the fantastic view the Imperial had to offer. I would recommend in the future that you give us a call so we can make sure a wheelchair or any request are made on your arrival. I am really looking forward to welcome you back in your next visit.so you can enjoy Tenby and all the surrounding see you soon. Regards, Simon
Barry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My grand daughter and I stayed two nights this weekend and had a really good time. Had a lovely room with an amazing sea view and large balcony.The staff were friendly and extremely helpful. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was delicious. Could not find fault with any thing. Can't wait to stay again.

Room Tip: Room with sea view and balcony was amazing
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a positive review following your stay at the Imperial hotel.
I am delighted that you had such a great experience and that you enjoyed our property.
I look forward to welcoming you again very soon. It will be our pleasure to have another opportunity to show the gracious hospitality and service we offer.Regards, Simon
North Wales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Inside and outside the hotel impresses. We sat in The Triton Bar with a stunning view out towards Caldey Island. So far so good. There was five in our party, four of whom wanted afternoon tea, the other a chicken caesar wrap. My wife also requested a lemon and ginger mocktail from the menu, which she could not have as there hadn't been any deliveries that day, the advertised carrot cake was not available either.
Tea arrived fairly promptly, the cups and tea pot were a bit grubby. We had to ask for the latte we'd ordered. The wrap then arrived but not the 4 afternoon teas which we waited for and waited. Eventually they arrived but no ham sandwiches! We brought this to the attention of the waiter who "had a word with the chef" and eventually they materialised.
The waiter was kept busy with taking orders, serving, clearing up and serving drinks. He deserves credit the management do not as when this rather sorry state of affairs was brought to his attention he was full of platitudes but very little else. What should have been a very pleasant afternoon ended up quite frankly as a bit of a joke.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am sorry that you were disappointed with the service provide. I would like to thank you for speaking with me whilst at the Hotel as I was able to look into the problems that you encountered. This is certainly not our normal standard of service & once again I apologize for the standards during your stay with us. I am glad you enjoy the view the Imperial had to offer and I hope to see you in the future. Regards, Simon
sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

stayed for one nite .only paid 79 pounds had a sea facing room with large balcony ..massive room .large sofa ,four poster bed ,bathroom had bath and a walk in shower ..good breakfast ..fantastic value for money .also let us park in managers spot in car park over night .

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Simon M, General Manager at The Imperial Tenby Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Thank you for writing such a positive review following your stay at the Imperial Hotel in Tenby.
I am delighted that you had a great experience and that you enjoyed our hotel.I shall pass on all your kind comments to the staff as they always trying their very best to help our customers.
I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future Regards, SImon
SWANSEA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Only stayed for one night,room comfy,staff helpful and friendly would stay again, only downside parking for 6 or 7 cars at most at hotel.Managed to find parking space on one of the side streets but had wing mirror broken so really would use car park for 24hour parking on next visit. Felt Tenby which as always been one of my favourite places to visit,looks a bit tired and shabby council needs to invest.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Imperial Hotel. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel and services that we provide, I shall certainly make sure that all the team are aware of your kind comments. We have a small car park but as you mention is other car parks near by and we always more than happy to help our customers to point them in the right direction. I am sorry to hear about your wing mirror was broken as this is no a usual thing for Tenby and it can happen anywhere in the uk. Tenby is a fantastic place with magical views and I am glad you enjoy your stay. I hope to see you soon in the near future. Regards, Simon

Been to The Imperial Tenby Hotel? Share your experiences!