“I look forward to our next stay here” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
£20 A NIGHT OFFERS!
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Tenby
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“I look forward to our next stay here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The Manager and staff here did everything possible to make our stay pleasurable. The Imperial has a lovely restaurant and lounge/bar area with splendid cliff-top views. The food was beautifully cooked and prepared, and a special dietary need was catered for well.

The standard room that we were allocated to was adequate, but certainly not luxurious in any way. Some minor niggles with the room were very quickly sorted out by the Manager, who was very courteous and helpful. We would recommend paying the extra and going for one of their Superior rooms or their Premier Room. They are a lot more spacious, and are fitted out to a much better standard than (our experience of) a standard room.

Considering the relatively inexpensive charges made for this hotel our week-end break was good value for money. Next time we stay here though we shall aim to go for a Superior room. The decor of these matches that in the restaurant and lounge, whereas some of their standard rooms do not.

Room Tip: Go for a Superior room - the ones we were shown seemed excellent
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Simon M, General Manager at The Imperial Tenby Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Many thanks for your review in your recent stay at the Imperial Hotel. I will pass on your nice comments to the team as they always happy to be helpful to our customers. I am glad you enjoy your stay as we always strive to provide the best service and we will do our best to accommodate in the best posible way. I agree that our upgrade rooms are good value for money and make a different to your stay. I hope to see you again in the near future. Regards, Simon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Llanelli, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed in room 1, would recommend it, lovely views and a balcony.
Food very good value.
Fantastic spot right on the cliff overlooking the sea.
Booked direct with Shearings,excellent value.
Staff very helpful, would defiantly go again for a short break.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Many thanks for posting your comments at your stay at the Imperial. I shall pass on all your lovely comments to all members of the team. We are very privelleged to be located in such a beautiful área with a magical views. Our Hotel does strive to offer good value for money and it is pleasing that you felt we delivered this to you. I´m looking forward to see you again soon. Regards, Simon
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We have just returned home after having a superb 4-night Shearings break at the Imperial. From the moment the manager came onto our coach to greet us and gave us such a friendly welcome we knew our stay was going to be special.

The hotel has an absolutely stunning position overlooking the sea. In fact when we looked out of our bedroom window we felt as if we were on the bridge of an ocean liner staring out over the waves. The restaurant also enjoys equally fine sea views.

But what made the hotel so special for us was the friendliness and helpfulness of the young hotel staff - from the manager to the receptionists and from the bar staff to the waiters and waitresses, everyone was so helpful - they all seemed so keen to please, nothing was too much trouble. They were all part of a team dedicated to serving their guests.

The breakfasts were excellent and the evening meals even better - all served in a relaxed, quietly efficient and unfailingly courteous manner.

And a special word for our coach driver. Tim was not the regular driver but he had done a lot of research and even though it was his first time on the Tenby run he was able to provide lots of background information which made our trips out more interesting.

You will guess from this that we were delighted with our stay. We have stayed in quite a number of Shearings hotels (all of them good) but this one ranks first for us. We will be back!

Room Tip: You must book a seaview room - from our bedroom window we had a fantastic view out over the waves.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Simon M, General Manager at The Imperial Tenby Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
I am so glad that you had a superb holiday with us, and many thanks for taking the time to post a wonderful review of your recent stay at the Imperial Hotel. I shall pass on all your lovely comments to all members of the team. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and I have to admit that we are very lucky and privileged to be located in such a beautiful location. Tim is indeed a great driver and tries his best to pass as much information. I am so glad you had such a superb time. I hope to see you again in the near future. Kind Regards, Simon
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Me and my sister visited The Imperial Hotel, Tenby in Octobet last year. I had always wanted to go to Tenby and I was not disappointed. The Imperial had undergone some refurbishments in the main arears, our room was 1 of the older ones, but I liked that it was a bit quirky. But the best thing for me was the food and service we got. Steve the chef introduced himself to me on my first day, and we went through all my menu choice's. You may think so, but when you are a Coeliac (no wheat or Gluten) this is like something from heaven. The food was amazing, and for once I felt special instead of different. If we get the chance I will definatly be going back to this Hotel and Tenby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Many Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We always strive to provide the best service and when a guest inform us of any special diet, we will do our best to make sure they feel as part of the Family and we will accommodate in the best posible way.I will pass your lovely comments to Steve our Head Chef and I am pleased that you enjoyed the food,room and service at the hotel. We hope it wont be long till you return.Regards, Simon
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Just back from a 4 night coach break with Shearings. Very impressed. The manager,Simon and his staff worked very hard to make our stay memorable. There was a good choice of food and the service was excellent. Hotel comfortable and in a superb location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Many thanks for your review and comments of your stay at the Imperial Hotel. I shall pass on all your wonderful comments to all members of the team, as they really appreciate when guest do acknowledge them. I am so glad you had a memorable stay with us. Our Hotel does strive to offer good value for money and it is pleasing that you felt we delivered this. Regards, Simon
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Six of us have just returned from a New Years Eve break at the Imperial Hotel in Tenby. The Hotel itself is really nice ideally situated right on the beach and very close to the town centre.
We spent three nights and four days here, and had a really good time. The New Years Eve party night was superb!! The food was lovely and most of the staff were friendly and very helpful. The only downside was the food service on New Years eve it was a bit of a shambles with a very aggresive Deputy Manager. But the Hotel Manager came and apologised and did everything within his power to make everything ok for us - which he did - thank you.
We have looked through the brochure and are s till deciding which of the Bay Hotels to spend next New Years Eve with which says it all, we weren't put off by anything!

Room Tip: book a sea view room - well worth the extra cost, on a fine day you can see for miles, and you get v...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Many thanks for posting your comments of your stay at the Imperial. I shall pass on all your lovely comments to all members of the team. We are very privileged to be located in such a nice area with fantastic views, but please be assured as discussed on New Year’s Eve that I will personally look into all comments made. I and the team are working very hard to upkeep the standards of our hotel and when these things are brought to my attention I will deal as quickly and efficiently as possible. I thank you for your comments and I am glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and not putting you off your next holiday at The Imperial. It was very nice to meet the six of you. I am looking forward to see you in the near future, and I am positive you will notice a remarkable improvement. Regards, Simon
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Decided to spend Christmas at a hotel and returned to the Imperial.

It was an enjoyable break and managed to get an upgrade to a triple aspect room, thank you reception for arranging this. I was allocated room 7 and as it was at the end of a corridor, it was very quiet.

I can add little to my report of the 23 February 2012, the staff and food were excellent. A minature whisky, bowl of fruit and chocolates were in the room when I arrived, together with a Christmas card and 2013 calender.

The meals were well prepared, although I would have liked a few more roast potatoes on Christmas Day and also to be asked if I wanted a bread roll or drink with my meal, minor points but discussed with manager before leaving so he could raise it in the debriefing later.

I enjoyed the stay and will return next year. Would I return for a Christmas break? I'm not certain, although a couple have returned for the last eight Christmases.

Thanks to one and all for your hospitality.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Many thanks for posting your comments regarding your Christmas stay at the Imperial Hotel. I shall pass on all your nice comments to the reception staff. I enjoyed talking to you and get feedback from all aspects of the service as it will help greatly to improve any details for our future customers and of course in your return visit too. Our aim is to ensure all our guests enjoy their stay with us making internal regular reviews with all the staff when possible. I am pleased that you enjoyed the food, room and service at the hotel. I hope to see you in the near future, Regards, Simon

Been to The Imperial Tenby Hotel? Share your experiences!