“brilliant, brilliant, brilliant...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Broadmead Hotel

Broadmead Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tenby
Broadmead Hotel
You added Broadmead Hotel to your Saves list
Heywood Lane, Tenby SA70 8DA, Wales   |
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Tenby
Tenby, United Kingdom
“brilliant, brilliant, brilliant...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This hotel is local for us so we found it by chance. A neighbour has booked in whilst her house is undergoing renovation. Beautifully located just on the edge of town - a mile at most - bus service and a £3 taxi ride... Very comfortable accommodation, excellent bar and conservatory overlooking a superb garden. Quiet but with very easy access to town and the beaches. The biggest surprise of all was the quality of the restaurant which is absolutely superb. Julia and Simon are fantastic hosts and very hands-on and the staff are unfailingly attentive and efficient.

Room Tip: The hotel is surrounded by gardens but I suppose if you really are looking for the quietest position...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012 via mobile

Recently returned from Broadmead Hotel having stayed for 2nights, on arriving we were checked in quickly by Simon the owner who chatted and showed us to our room (16) which was small but very clean and comfortable. The food in the hotel was fantastic we couldn't fault it we had a lovely 2 day stay would love to have stayed longer.on leaving we were checked out by Julia who was pleasant and friendly overall we had a fab time and we will certainly be retuning to the Broadmead Hotel.

Stayed March 2012
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We really enjoyed our two-nights at the Broadmead Hotel. The room was lovely, the service and the food were excellent. The staff and management took care of us in a friendly yet professional way. We recommend the Broadmead Hotel to anybody who wants a nice vacation and doesn't mind a little walk - 15/20 minute - to the town & beaches.
The KGB deal worths its value as a deal.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012 via mobile

Took a gamble with booking the deal and accommodation before checking out trip advisor. Little worried about some posts but in all honest, I had no problems at all. Can't complain for £69 for two nights.

Everyone was polite and easy going. Exactly as you would expect crom a small family run hotel. Looking at some of the other reports, it seems like some posts here were expecting something like a Hilton or similar.

Rooms are a fair size. After all, your not spending all day in there. Breakfast is really good. Free wifi available (not mentioned on hotels own website). I also enjoyed the 15/20 minute walk into town each evening.

Hotel was easy to find by car when driving into Tenby.

Stayed March 2012
ryder cup area
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

I purchased a KGB offer on 22nd March 2012 for 2 nights b/b in a standard room.Having seen the reviews for this room we were intent on taking up the offer of an upgrade to the superior room for an additional £20 per night as quoted in the offer.The owner Julia confirmed a superior room was available for the nights we wanted.I had confirmed by E mail that I had purchased the KGB offer and by reply on her i phone she confirmed the availability of the room for 26th and 27th March.However she confirmed that the price would be £94 per night.I have e mailed back to inform her that I shall inform trading standards as I feel clearly conned as she has not honoured the KGB deal offer for which I should have been charged a total of £109 for the 2 night stay.Beware all those people who also purchased the deal which as I type this is still an open deal with 272 sold and a day still to go on the offer.I have e mailed KGB to ask for a refund and intend to take this case to trading standards..

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

I booked a weekend away for my partner for his birthday and saw this hotel the photos looked fab as soon as we got there, there was a musty smell as we walked through the doors we got to our room it was tiny and outdated and I asked to be moved to which the lady did the room we then got moved to had no heating but they did provide a small heater but didn't heat the bathroom so was freezibg, it took forever for the hotwater to warm, for the three days to be told at the end of the stay they was waiting for an engeneeer the room was outdated again but had a little more space. The lady seemed very adrupt at first but helpful in moving us. The hotel isn't manned and we locked ourselfs out our room n had to phone her n wait for the maid to turn up to let us back in, we shouldn't have had tp phone or wait around, beds didn't get changed in the days we were there n beds were very uncomfatable.

• Stayed February 2012
Sharpie2, Manager at Broadmead Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
We are extremely disappointed to receive this review. The guest in question had booked, through laterooms.com a small standard double - clearly stated on the website with details of the room at a rate of £50 per night. A little while after being shown to the room, the guest came to reception and stated that the room was too small and requested to be moved. I explained that she had specifically booked the room type and showed her the laterooms website. Unfortunately, the guest seemed to think that the photographs shown on the site would be the room she would be allocated. I explained that the photographs were a selection of rooms available. I explained that the hotel was fully booked for the Saturday evening (they arrived Friday) and could only offer a large family room. I offered the guest a discounted price for the room but she declined. A heater had indeed been placed in the room as an extra as I felt, as that end of the building is at the end of the system, it was taking too long to heat via the central heating system. However, the temperature in the room was registering 83 degrees which counteracted the heating thermostat in the bathroom. With reference to the comment surrounding the hotel being unmanned - on Sunday morning I had left the hotel at 11.30am to take a guest, who had been let down by a taxi, to the train station. The guest telephoned me to explain that she had locked herself out of her room and I said that I had just left the hotel for 5 minutes but explained that 2 members of housekeeping staff were upstairs and I would immediately contact them. One of them duly went staight to let the guest into their room. It is unfortunate that doing one good turn for one guest has offended another. The hotel had certainly not been left unmanned. We hope that other visitors to tripadvisor will understand, by our comments, that we had done everything in our power to assist the guest during their stay.
Neath, Wales, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Have just returned home after a two night stay at the Broadmead, which we booked via Laterooms.com.

We arrived early, not expecting to be shown to be able to register.

We were greeted very warmly and shown to our room (18), which we were informed was an upgrade to a "superior" rather than the standard we had booked. Room was of reasonable size, nicely furnished with a huge "double" bed (OK it was two singles butted up together), nevertheless very comfy with clean and fresh linen and coverings. Room overlooked the lovely gardens. Yes the floorboards are a bit creaky, but this reviewer thinks it just adds to the character of the building, and not an issue! Downside, the adjoining walls are a tad thin, and the bathroom fan a bit noisy, which was a more than a bit annoying at 2am!

There is no doubt the hotel itself needs a makeover, the stair carpet has seen better days, and, the reception area a little drab, and there was nowhere you could just sit and relax. The conservatory was impressive but far to cold to sit in (Feb 2012), though this could have been remedied, buy more efficient heating. However, and to be fair is does appear that the present owners are in the process of upgrading the hotel.

The food is fantastic, cannot fault the quality or quantity, it is simply superb!

My wife and I chose to walk into Tenby, an easy 15 minute walk, yes there are hills but are easily negotiable.

Overall our impression was favourable and we would definitely stay at the Broadmead on a future occasion.

Paul & Janet Featherstone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the garden rather than the car park!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Broadmead Hotel? Share your experiences!