“Home from home” 5 of 5 stars

Victoria St, Tenby SA70 7DY, Wales   |
Ranked #7 of 25 hotels in Tenby
“Home from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We would like to say a big thank you to Pam & Brian for a wonderful stay. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel most welcome. We really could believe how warm and comfortable our room was. Brian was most helpful with his advice about the town and Pam was very pleasant to us. The breakfast was very tasty and more than adequate and We must say nothing is forgotten in this wonderful hotel. This really deserves to be number one in Tenby and it has a good reputation with locals. We were sorry to leave and really enjoyed ourselves. This is one very friendly place the only downside is that you have to use a private car park up the road at cost but that said, we will be returning soon! Richard & Linda.

• Stayed February 2013

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned home from a long weekend at the Southcliffe Hotel which was to celebrate my husbands birthday we stayed from the 8th to 12th February. We have stayed here many times before and this stay was no different, it is always immaculately clean everywhere in the hotel, the rooms are very well kept and freshened up on a daily basis to a high standard. The breakfast was as always perfectly cooked and healthy in its content which is very important to us. Our hosts pam and brian were more than helpful in every way (as usual) they couldn't do enough for us nothing is too much trouble. My husband and I have stayed in numerous hotels all over the UK and still find the Southcliffe Hotel hard to beat. We Definitely shall be returning in the summer. Ann and John Huddersfield

• Stayed February 2013
Molde
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is a guest house at best. It is a Victorian building and has been converted into a bed and breakfast. Be prepared to negotiate some very steep stairs in a very narrow staircase as all the rooms are on the first floor & up. There's no lift and no-one to help you carry your luggage up the many stairs.

We arrived & temporarily parked right outside the B&B to ask about parking. Was told we could park in the nearby car park which was quite expensive. So, to the check-in. We were very tired after a long journey from Norway, but that didn't stop me getting a lecture by the landlord about Tenby's history & how it had been oppressed by the English. Actually, I could have cared less because I was so tired but that didn't seem to matter to our host - I thought I'd gone back to school such was the school master type lecture we were given. I am sure he was trying his best but it's better to let people get their room sorted out first then let them know about the town.

The B&B was cleaned and looked spotless. However, we had reason to move something in our room which revealed a thick layer of dust - not healthy. The room was small but adequate with en-suite which was tiny. There were notices everywhere saying don't do this or don't do that.

There's a communal lounge if you like to be social. Be warned this hotel is child friendly meaning you will take second best if you have no kids with you.

Breakfast was OK - hot and edible but it was controlled too strictly to enjoy. Our hostesses early morning, sing-song banter was a little too much at times for me.

Overall, there are a lot worse places to stay but this doesn't deserve to be the No1 hotel in Tenby. I am sure if you stay here with small kids, you'll get the Rolls Royce treatment (at the expense of others) and that is where many of the shining reviews come from. You can't really rate this as a hotel even though the Welsh Tourist Board have. The lack of facilities for one. should exclude it.

Room Tip: Try not to get lumbered on the second floor unless you are luggage free and feel like a workout!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Market Lavington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed here the weekend of Feb 10th, and was not disapointed. The room was large, and very very clean, and nothing was too much trouble, from great advice on what to see locally, to a plentyful excellant breakfast, provided by friendly hosts.
Don't get me wrong, this isn't a 5* hotel, but it is an excellant welcoming clean place to stay within a reasonable budget, where you really are made welcome. With both the town and beach less than a minutes walk away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Worcester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

All I was doing was phoning to clarify prices (after lack of a prompt response to my email), only to be greeted by Pam who seemed unable to listen without talking, and unable to comprehend that all I wanted was an email with a price for a different room. Additionally she didn't believe that they had an example tariff on their website until I pointed out the specific web page. Most strange, perhaps she was just having an 'off' evening....

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

A big thank you to Pam and Brian (and the whole team) for a very special first holiday for Edward (5 weeks old!). Superb and thoughtful hosts (even though we were late leaving, sorry!), providing a nicely made up cot and complementary wet wipes and nappy sacks (which they disposed of, via reception, with a smile every time!). Breakfast was superb, with the biggest supply of fruit/herbal teas I've ever seen!
We'll definitely be back soon, Lee, Charlotte and Edward

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Having booked the hotel for a birthday treat for my partner and having never stayed myself in Tenby I was very pleased with the decision to book here for 3 nights purely on reviews made on trip advisor. The rooms were clean, tidy and fresh towels were provided everyday if required. The hosts were very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice, loving herbal teas myself I was very impressed with the large selection. The cost in my opinion was value for money, with a good location near to the beach, shopping area etc, there are endless restaurants, cafes and pubs. Would definately recommend the Southcliffe.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Southcliff Hotel? Share your experiences!