“Sunday lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Tenby
Cardigan, United Kingdom
“Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

We were all arguing where to go for Sunday lunch. So my dad said why don't we go to giltar Tenby and I said "OK". So we went over there as soon as we arrived we were offered bread. Then we even had are own waiter for the day. So I ordered salmon my dad ordered beef & my sister ordered lamb. We had are food with in 5mins and it was top class!!!!! I ordered cheesecake for dessert and it was the second best I'd ever tried!!! Very friendly staff great view reasonable price that's all your looking for!!!!!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Porth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed at the Giltar Friday to Sunday on a bed and breakfast basis. The staff are very pleasant and the waiting staff were very attentive. Breakfast was part buffet part waitress service, it was nicely cooked and presented and enough to keep you going late into the day.
The (single) room was of a good size, bed comfortable however, the furniture was mismatched and very much in need of replacing as is the bathroom which was verfy dated. The decor in the room was fine.
The hotel is in the process of updating it's decor/furniture and the rooms that have been completed are very nice.
The location is perfect being right on the south beach opposite Caldy Island, the views of the bay from some of the rooms is stunning. The town is just around the corner.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the end of March 2013 in a non-refurbished room, and we really enjoyed our stay! The room was really clean with a brand new walk-in shower room too. We had a sea view room, and I really don't think we could have had a better view...it was absolutely beautiful! The windows were quite big, so you could the whole way across the beach on both sides of the hotel. The room was really warm, with a very comfy bed, as well as a tv, wardrobe and dressing table. It was quite small, but the views over the beach made up for that. We also loved the breakfast, with everything being cooked to order, so you could choose between a full english, eggs Benedict, and loads of other hot options (including kippers!) The location was amazing too, with free parking for the whole weekend! I would definitely recommend this lovely hotel to anyone staying in Tenby!

Room Tip: You really do want to pay extra for the sea view...it's amazing!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Lovely hotel with good sea views and good food. I recommend the Egg Benedict for breakfast! dining room has lovely sea views. the room was very good, clean and well equipped. it would benefit from having the option to fully open windows - I stayed end of March & think the room would be uncomfortably hot in July or August. The hotel is only a short walking distance from Tenby town centre (no hills nice and flat) The staff were very attentive and recommended a very good hairdresser prior to my trip. I did feel a little let down that on all 3 nights the bar was being used for private functions so I couldn't use it and on the final night the dining room was in use for a private function. I would have appreciated being informed when I booked that this was a possibility. overall I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a sea view rather than a partial sea view & check if any private functions are happening...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Wednesbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

A hotel is just a big building with loads of rooms what makes it good is the quality of it's people. The Giltar would find it hard to be better in this deaprtment.

Went as a coach party were warmly welcomed and "got in" without any fuss. Cases spirited quickly to rooms. Nice newly "done" room. Good food with a decent choice, well presented, is it picky to say the fried bread was underdone? Yes of course it is. Very good selection of drinkies and the entertainment we had every night was very good.

Asked for a Daily Telegraph which they didn't normally have and they whistled it up for me! First class.

Congratulations to the owners and their excellent people.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Alton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights - I needed somewhere with a walk in shower for my for my aged father. This hotel was a great find, very welcoming and helpful staff, super food at both breakfast and dinner, attentive but not intrusive service, and a wonderful room. We stayed in a deluxe room.

Room Tip: Go for a deluxe room if you can; ours (108) was very spacious and had a bay window with a great sea...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
chester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We were lucky enough to have one of the recently refurbished room with a sea view ,what a lovely surprise when we opened the door so well decorated and a view to die for.The staff were really friendly and nothing was too much trouble .We had breakfast which was served by friendly staff. The hotels was situated very close to town and the beach with an added bonus of a car park.We will be back .

Room Tip: Spend a little bit more and have a deluxe sea view you will not be dissappointed
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Giltar Hotel? Share your experiences!