“never again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Kiln Park Holiday Centre - Haven

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tenby
Kiln Park Holiday Centre - Haven
You added Kiln Park Holiday Centre - Haven to your Saves list
Marsh Road, Tenby, Wales   |
Ranked #4 of 10 Specialty Lodging in Tenby
“never again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

we stayed 7th - 11th oct

we had to unexpectadly chance to kiln park from quay west to be a bit closer to home as my wife 8 months pregant was due to give birth the week we had origionallly booked (october half term).. and incase we something happened.. i was expecting it a bit quiet but the place was dead.

we have been to many haven sites over the last couple of year.devon cliffs, seaview and rockley park..

we turned up on the monday expecting certain standards and facilities that are at most of the parks we have visited.

we was issued a prestige van situated at no 10 gilter court, right by the club house.. the caravan was an owners van and was lovely. nothing to complain about

though we wasnt issued our oakwood voucher as it not open midweek at the time of year and nothing can be given different

also we saw secruity on the gate when we checked in giving us a note to ask about a free uprade in penally court. but didnt see nobody on the gate the remaining time.

we went to the club house for a looksee before we could access the caravan and my kids put some money in the games and they didnt work and we spent ages trying to find someone to sort them out..

when the swimming pool opened we went in there, was clean and tidy but limited to what the kids to do..1 slide and a jacuzzi. the childs pool was to0 shallow (40cms) for my 6 year old and the normal pool was 1.2m's which even though he is taller than that i was told that he shouldnt be in there or i had to stay with him all the time even though he can swim..

we went to the entertainment every night and stayed til at least 10pm.. was typical haven entertainment, a bit cheesy but enjoyable..they done allright considering thwy was only about 10 kids with their families and then the owner came in later but got very samey as the week went on.. as asked the bar staff is it normally this quiet, they blamed the funstars to what is putting the people off coming to the live lounge. the bar staff where very freindly though

my kids won several prizes, go live buckets and spades and a pair of SIZE 12 adults flip flops1! lol. my 6 year son got a bit fed up with go live as it was the same everynight..

the one thing that i was shocked about was the lack of a proper sports zone,,,
there are 2 tennis courts of which one has 1 bungee trampoline, archery and a waterwalker in it.. i took my 2 kids to play tennins and there where potholes in the court which had been poorly filled in.. also if you hit the ball into the other court as kids do u had to go go all the way back to the clubhouse find someone to let you in to get your ball back..
after being to devon cliffs and rockley park a found that this was extremely poor facilites.

we ate at the mash and barrell twice, tuesday and the thursday with quality of the food altering on both days.. ok on the tuesday but not so good on the thursday, though the barman and waiter was ok and food came quite quick. we have eaten in the mash and barrells in other parks and found the same. there is an issue with the floor in there which had patches of the floorboards swelling, causing a raised surface and a trip hazard.. though it did have a big yellow cone by it..
the shock one night was my kids wanted to play pool in the arcade so i thought i would go in the mash and barrell for a quite pint. though it was shut and u had to drink in the live louge and no drink are allowed in the arcade.. so if you want a quiet pint then you couldnt..
we didnt use papa johns or burger king, but they are what they are.

when we left i went to quick drop the key off and return the bed guard and iron.. problem is we had to hang around as the reception didnt open till 9 and they have removed the hire shop..
whilst waiting i spoke to a gentleman who comes to this park all the time as an owner and he says that things are being taken away all the time and getting worse.

though i will say that tenby is a cracking little town and the area is beatiful and would come to the area again.. just not staying at this park

wish be changed to devon cliffs or stayed at quay west
and i undstand that its normally quiet this time of year

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kiln P, Manager at Kiln Park Holiday Centre - Haven, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Hi There,

firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent holiday with us, I was pleased to read that you found your allocated holiday home to be nice and comfortable, our teams do work hard in ensuring everything is as it should be prior to each guests arrival.

With regards to the security on the gate; we do have a 24hour security team who patrol the park regularly throughout the day and specifically during the evenings. Given the number of phone calls and duties that they have it isn't always possible for them to be on the gate all of the time, although I would like to assure you that a specific effort is made to man the gate during the night time.

I would have to agree with you that our facilities aren't as big as parks such as Devon Cliffs and Rockley Park; this is because our park is less than half of the size of these specific parks. We do offer the majority of activities and sports that other parks do, just on a smaller scale due to the difference in numbers between parks.

I was surprised at your comments about the hire shop; we haven't had a hire shop at Kiln Park recently, or certainly not in the past 7 years that I have been here. Given the small number of items that are hired we don't feel that a hire shop would be beneficial. I am sorry that reception wasn't open until 9am for you to return your goods; I haven't had this feedback before and so thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I am sorry that the entertainment as a whole didn't meet your expectations; again the number of venues does differ between smaller and larger Haven parks. I was shocked at your comments from one of our owners about things being taken away as I cannot think of one thing that has been removed from the park or facilities.

I would like to say sorry that you didn't fully enjoy your stay with us; I do hope that you continue to visit Haven and enjoy our facilities for years to come.

Thanks again for your feedback,

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Marlborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Was a bit worried as this was our first Sun Holiday. But I'm glad to say we were overall pleased with our stay. My only small gripe was the only form of heating was the gas fire in the lounge area....the bedroom was freezing.... perhaps a fan heater could be supplied for future guests ?? Good supply of kitchen bits and bobs. The caravan,although not the most modern, was immaculate.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kiln P, Manager at Kiln Park Holiday Centre - Haven, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Hi there and thank you for choosing us as your holiday destination this year, and also for letting us know your thoughts on our holiday park.

I was so pleased to read that you found your holiday home to be 'immaculate' our whole team works tirelessly in ensuring everything is just right in our accommodation prior to each of our guests' arriving; so it's lovely to see their hard work is paying off :)

With regards to the heating in the holiday homes; heating throughout is only included in the deluxe plus grade or higher, we do offer the facility to hire fan heaters though at a small cost of £7 for your whole stay- this option would of been displayed in our main reception and on your welcome literature.

I do hope you choose to visit us again soon, thanks again for your comments.

Cardiff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Had a wonderful holiday here with our family in September. We have a touring caravan and have stayed here a few times with our 2 little ones, who are always nagging us to go back! This time we decided to treat ourselves to the added ‘luxury’ of a static caravan for our week long break. We booked a Deluxe Plus caravan, as we wanted something with heating throughout (weren’t sure of the weather, another reason we left the tourer behind!) and we were given a lovely caravan in the Ospreys area. It was central to everything – shop, the Funworks Complex, where the swimming pool & arcades (and bar!) is, and we were able to park next to our caravan, which is always helpful when you have your hands full going back and forth with kids!

Most things you’ll need are provided for you in the caravan, however I would advise taking a teapot with you, as oddly this doesn’t seem to be provided? We mentioned this to one of the girls on Reception and I must say she was very friendly and helpful and went out of her way to ask another department if they had a spare one we could borrow. Everything was lovely and clean in the caravan (which I was a little worried about before going)

We’d definitely recommend Kiln Park, if only for the great location. You can walk into Tenby town in 10-15 mins, and the beach is only a 5 min walk. Our kids love the swimming pool and having breakfast with Rory and the other characters – never seen them so eager to get out of bed in the mornings!

If you’re staying in a static caravan we like the Ospreys area, or Avocet area looked nice too, as it’s close to the beach path and shop. We try and request a pitch on the Daffodil field if we are staying with our tourer, but to be honest all the pitches down there are fine, and they had a new toilet and shower block this year, which looks all bright and has always been spotless inside whenever we’ve visited. All in all a big thumbs up Kiln Park from this family – you’ll definitely be seeing us again next year!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hello and thank you for choosing Kiln Park for your family holidays...and for letting us know what you think of our holiday park too :)

I was so thrilled to read that you regularly visit us and that your children love it there...there's nothing quite like being by the sea side!

I'm happy that you chose one of our static holiday homes this year, and that you found the caravan to be so clean and well equipped- as you mention we no longer provide tea pots, however if somebody does want one we always manage to find one!

The shower block has had so much great feedback this year it's been wonderful, it's lovely that our investment has paid off in helping everyone enjoy their touring holidays with a touch of brightness and luxury.

I'm so pleased that you'll be visiting us again next year; where I'm confident you'll have yet another fabulous family holiday!

Thanks again for your comments, and see you soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Booked as a Sun newspaper promotion but upgraded as always. Security directed us to check-in where the staff were polite and helpful. Our caravan was a large three bedroom ( one with en-suite ) unit. French windows leading to the balcony. Well proportioned lounge colour TV and DVD. Kitchen and central heating. The camp has direct access to the beach. We had one evening meal in the mash barrel which was okay. Entertainment in the show bar was very child orientated, what little adult entertainment there was, was loud and cringe worthy. The bar was badly stocked ( no Malibu and only a choice of two whiskies) so we ended up back in the mash barrel. There is an indoor pool. A well stocked spar minimart . burger king and pizza place. The camp is well situated for visiting the many tourist sights in the area.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hello,

Thank you for choosing Kiln Park for your holiday and for giving us your feedback on this break.

I was happy to see that you were pleased with the accommodation you were allocated and that you managed to use and enjoy the majority of our facilities.

I have spoken with the complex manager about the range of drinks available in our live lounge and he asked me to apologise that your preferred tipple was only available downstairs.

I do hope you choose to visit us again where your sure to have another wonderful stay, and do a bit more exploring throughout our fantastic local area!

Thanks again for your feedback and see you again soon,

UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Great caravan & well kept park with decent facilities and very close to beautiful Tenby town. Our only complaint was the food and service at the rather skanky 'Mash & Barrel'...
The menus were the first warning sign (grotty dog eared and sticky to the touch); but the food selection was nicely described so we were sold and went ahead with the order. Bad decision!
I chose the 'Double Decker Gourmet Chicken Burger', billed as being freshly-chargrilled tender chicken breasts stacked and served in a seeded bun with lettuce and tomato, served with
thick-cut rustic chips. Sounds rather appetising, yes?
What arrived was the complete opposite. Dry old roast chicken that had been torn up and piled into a flaky bun with double cooked, cold skinny fries. As far from gourmet as you can find in the whole of West Wales!
Our server gave the impression that he really didn't want to be there, never returned to check that everything was okay with the "meal" or that our tables needed anything else.
I tried a couple of mouthfuls before politely complaining to a member of bar staff. The server hollered to a colleague "we got a complaint here!" I discretely explained my disappointment and was I offered a free dessert. Having hardly touched the food instead requested a refund. I then waited patiently at the bar whilst a lady with a food stained blouse went and checked my plate, returned and duly refunded my pay with an apology. My fellow diners food was no better but you get the picture by now. AVOID!

Overall a great park but old-school club house facilities and naff service let the place down.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kiln P, Manager at Kiln Park Holiday Centre - Haven, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent holiday with us.

I was pleased to read that you were impressed with the park and our facilities on a general basis and that you had a great holiday.

I was shocked to read your comments about the menu choice that you made, all meals served should be exactly as described in our menus and so I am sorry that this was not the case with the gourmet chicken burger, I have passed this on to the head chef who is going to look into this for me. I was pleased that you were able to obtain a full refund and that a sincere apology was made on the parks behalf.

Thanks again for your feedback; it is truly invaluable in helping us to improve our services.

cardiff southwales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed here for weekend 4th October for my daughters 18th birthday.
Stayed here about 7 years ago and there has been massive improvement of all facilities on the campsite the only down fall is the toilets in bot the mash and barrel and the upstairs entertainment clubhouse they where unclean there was no soap and no working dryers and the mens toilet had such a bad smell you had to hold your nose to even walk past to get to the ladies loo.
So much money has been spent on improving the campsite but there needs more money to be spent on the evening entertainment it was bad with 2 women trying to entertain but spent most of the evening screeching down the microphones lacked enthusiasm and could do a lot more to entertain the kids even my 8 year old son had enough on the first evening complained of headache that the second evening we chose to go downstairs and played darts and pool.
Caravan was really nice (kittewake5) it was very roomy and accommodated our whole party of 5 adults and 3 kids.
Kiln park is in an lovely area to explore folly farm and oakwood and tenby town.

Room Tip: Lovely area to explore and use as base
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hi there and thank you for taking time out to let us know your comments on our holiday park.

I was so pleased to read that you had a lovely family holiday and celebrated your daughter’s birthday...I hope she liked the cards and balloons!

I was shocked to read that none of your party members enjoyed the entertainment that was on during your stay; our onsite entertainments team do work extremely hard in ensuring everyone has a great time. I'm sure you can imagine that it is difficult to accommodate for all ages and tastes but our head office teams do work tirelessly in ensuring there is a wide range of entertainment available; in the large part we do manage to offer something for everyone.

I'm glad that you found our surrounding area easy to explore and that you managed to visit some of our wonderful local attractions, we do feel that our location is great for everyone!

Thanks again for your comments and I hope to see you again in the near future,

Telford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

me and my hubby and two kids went to kiln park for 4 nights with the sun holidays and it was one of the greats holidays we have had.
we got to the park about 1pm and went to reception to be told that we have had an upgrade on top of our upgrade that the payed with the sun so we could get in the van at 3pm no 4pm which was a bonus.
we stayed in 28 skomer witch was about a 5min walk to the complex witch we didn't mind the van was very nice clean and very modern with a dvd player and heating in all the rooms and double glazing witch we needed because it was a bit cold.
we ate out at burger king and in the mash and barrel a few times the staff where very nice and friendly and the food was nice and hot.
we used the swimming pool all holiday my 2 kids loved it.
we went to the entertainment shows and my kids love the new funstars go live I think my only complaint would be when it is go tots time a 6pm the funstars should do some dances with the tots like head shoulders knees and toes and things like that because my little one kept running off.
my overall experience at kiln park was great but I will not be back because its just to far to go from where we live but thank you for the great time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kiln P, Manager at Kiln Park Holiday Centre - Haven, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Hi there,

thank you ever so much for taking the time out to give us your comments on your recent holiday with us, it always lovely to see when we've given a family a truly great holiday experience!

I was so pleased to see that you were impressed with you r accommodation as well as all of our facilities at the park. We've had many positive comments about our newly refurbished pool and I was happy to see that you children thoroughly enjoyed it too!

I was sorry to read that you'd be unable to return to us in Tenby; due to the distance from your home town; please bear in mind our other Haven parks which are much closer to you; Hafan Y Mor for example in Pwelli, North Wales.

I hope you choose to holiday with Haven in the future, where I’m sure you'll have another great family holiday!

Thanks again for your comments, they're much appreciated.

Kind Regards
Sarah

Been to Kiln Park Holiday Centre - Haven? Share your experiences!