“Kiln park very good if you get it cheap.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kiln Park Holiday Centre - Haven

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tenby
Kiln Park Holiday Centre - Haven
You added Kiln Park Holiday Centre - Haven to your Saves list
Marsh Road, Tenby, Wales   |
Ranked #4 of 10 Specialty Lodging in Tenby
Gloucester
“Kiln park very good if you get it cheap.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We had never been to a holiday park before. We booked the 10 June for four nights in a delux caravan for £150 superb value. But the weather was bad when we were there and that really put a dampner on everything. It was great for my four year old to have free use of the indoor pool but the "kids club" was a bit of a joke. For the 0-4 year olds the funstars staff just dumped a load of baby toys on a mat. For the 5-8 year olds they put out coloured paper pens glue scissors, and tracing paper and the 8-11 year olds they put some hula hoops on the dance floor. This took up a big part of the written programme and advertised as exciting kids clubs, this was the same every day we were there 4 days in a row. There was a very poor effort by the fun stars they could have played hide and seek or musical statues or what's the time mr wolf or got all the kids talking to each other. They were only half involved and the kids were bored stupid. The evening entertainment did not get half decent for my four year old until 7.30 pm bonkers as that is when kids go to bed! Overall i thought the caravan was very nice indeed and we had gas heating and hot water on tap, the activities for the price we paid were good, but if I had paid £300 I would have been very dissointed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kiln P, Manager at Kiln Park Holiday Centre - Haven, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Hi Annabloom,

Thank you for posting your review about your recent holiday with us here at Kiln Park.
I was sorry to read that you found aspects of your holidays did not meet your expectations. I know that the teams here on park work tirelessly to ensure there are a variety of entertainment and many sports and leisure activities for all different age range are going on at all times.

We have a wide variety of sessions running from 8am through to 11pm every day that include the likes of swimming lessons, arts and crafts, circus skills, wildlife detectives, parachute games, B Fit, as well as many more which are free of charge. One of new activities we offer is Bush craft and I know that our sports and leisure team put on numerous extra sessions to meet demand. Bush craft is an activity that explores how to survive in the wilderness from collecting clean water, to building shelters and lighting fires followed by toasting marshmallows!

If you have any suggestions about other entertainment or activities that you feel we could put on it would be much appreciated- it really is great to get all the feedback we can in order for us to carry on improving our guest’s experience. If you would like to email me direct at park on kilnparktripadvisor@haven.com I’ll be really happy to pass your comments on to our Entertainments Manager for you.

I was also really pleased to see that you enjoyed your accommodation and managed to get yourself a great deal.

I do hope that despite your present feeling of disappointment you will return to us here at Kiln Park in the future.

Warm regards

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Stourbridge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Arrived with husband daughter son in law and had hired two caravans privately owned which cannot complain at all about and included passes so far so good. Tenby itself is stunning and love the place. However with 5 children between 10 and 18 entertainment was dismal kids were bored to tears younger kids may have been happier but nothing on site to keep older kids happy. Activities such as archery all chargeable so works out expensive with 5. Club was dire even the compares were struggling to answer questions asked to kids! Used to go regularly for years but shame on you Haven of all the sites we have tried off your entertainment was very poor. Sorry don't want to put anyone off we had lots of rain so needed entertainment in day as well!! Kids so bored ended up coming home day early first time kids happy to leave.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Carole C

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor about your recent private booking with us here at Kiln Park.

I was really sorry to read you did enjoy your holiday with us. In light of the concerns that you have raised I have spoken with our Entertainments Manager and we would really appreciate the opportunity to look into these comments further for you.

If you would like to email myself and Tom on kilnparktripadvisor@haven.com we’ll be happy to look into this further for you.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards

Lisa & Tom

Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Just back from Kiln Park, Tenby. Had a fantastic time and the kids had a ball. Facilities, staff etc were totally fab. Everything went really well and all ages and needs are catered for. We were lucky enough to be there during the fine weather and got to use the outdoor pool which was really great. Also visited a few activity centres and I have to say that Folly Farm was outstanding and we all had a ball. Dying to go back again and the kids can't wait!!!

Hi Sandra O

Thank you for your amazing review of our holiday park. We are really pleased to hear that you and your family had a great time (and that the sun shined for you)!

Nothing motivates our guys more than a “pat on the back” for a job well done so your kind comments really do mean a lot to us.

Thanks again and we’re all looking forward to welcoming you all back to the park again soon.

Warm regards

Kiln Park Holiday Centre

PS Please bring the sun back with you!!!!!!!
Wales, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Had a weekend with our tourer, first impressions was great, looked really well kept, nice decorated buildings and plenty to do. After a couple of hours the two children had already been chased by some rogue kids (hooligans), whilst walking to the shop some old lady gave them 'the finger' as she drove past, another set of boys on the second day chased them from the shop and stole their belongings, the evening entertainment was just dreadful, nothing for kids (unless your happy for them to watch a gay ballerina) and a games arcade which was very big. The pools were nice, and as expected very crowded but ok until they made my very capable swimmer of a child swim 25 metres through the middle of the riot in the pool to prove he could swim! Food in the Mash & Barrel was lovely - very reasonably priced, staff were lovely and the outside seating area is stunning - comfortable seating especially with the sun out! Would I go back - NO CHANCE!!

Dear LDolci

Thank you for taking the time to write a trip advisor review regarding your recent stay with us here at Kiln Park.

We are really sorry to hear your visit was not how it should have been, and that other park users behaved in such a manner whilst you were here. Please be assured we have a zero tolerance policy on this sort of behaviour and had we been aware at the time we would have taken immediate action.

The enjoyment, comfort and safety of all of our guests is always our primary concern.

I have immediately passed your concerns onto our Security Manager who is happy to look into your comments in more detail for you. If you would like to email me direct at park on kilnparktripadvisor@haven.com I’ll be really happy to pass these comments on for you.

I do hope that following this you will reconsider your closing remarks and this will not deter you from holidaying with us again in the future.

Look forward to hearing from your soon.

Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one week for a kiddies holiday, perfect for this great beach lovely town Tenby walking distance. Location was perferct for other attrations Oakwood and a must Foley Farm fantastic day out you wont see 7 hours pass you by.
Only down side but is the same in all the haven parks is the quality of food, it doesnt cater for anyone looking for good food only pre pack or deep fried meals, burgers or pizza but we knew that before we went.
Overall would return been to six differant havens and this is the best and cleanest. PS. More recycle areas need

• Stayed June 2013
Hi Mirrlachs 1
Thank you very much for your lovely review about our park.
I’m really glad to hear that you and your family had the opportunity to get out and about and explore this stunning part of Wales.
We are always looking at ways of improving upon the products and services we supply and welcome as much feedback as possible. If you would be so kind as to email me healthy items you would like to see on our menus I will pass these on to our Complex Manager to have a look at for you. You can email me on kilnparktripadvisor@haven.com.
Once again thank you for taking the time to leave us your review.

Newport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed here the very first week of the easter holidays and the very first week this park was open to the public. I did not understand how it was so cheap for the holiday £270 for 4 nights including activity pass for top end caravan. It turned out that the easter holidays in Tenby started a week later....result!
Anyway it was freezing and I mean FREEZING! I was so worried about spending this time in a caravan hiding under the covers but when I arrived they had run the heaters on and if anything it was too hot and the caravan was simply stunning, what a relief. Definitely worth paying extra if you are going in the colder months.

The park was well maintained, close to the lovely main beach in Tenby, fantastic location for all the main attractions and Tenby town and really good shops on site for any bits and pieces you left behind.

My only problem with this park is that there are not many walk ways for pedestrians when walking around the park an also as it was quiet and I did not feel it was that well let I found myself looking over my shoulder when walking home from the entertainment with my young child (around 8 o clock) it was really dark near the part our caravan was. I also crossed paths with a drunken weirdo in the car park. Totally harmless ensure but for a young female I just did not feel comfortable....That is all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hi Manhound29

Thank you for writing a review about your holiday with us this year at Kiln Park.

I was glad to see that you had a great holiday with us overall. I totally agree with your comments regarding how cold it can feel at certain times of the year. That’s one of the reasons why we offer a few different grades of accommodation, many with the added benefits of heating throughout all the rooms instead of just the lounge, so people can make a choice in advance. We also hire out portable heaters for a small fee which make the vans toasty warm in no time at all.

I have also passed on your comments to our site manager regarding the pathways as we are always looking to continuously improve and there is no better way than by listening to the feedback from you guys. Please be assured customer feedback is always considered when we make our winter works plans for the following season.
Thanks again for taking the time to write and I hope we will see you at the park again in the future.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We returned today from Kiln Park and we are really sorry to have left. We have never been to a Haven before and we were a little nervous about what it would be like. When we arrived the caravan was spotless and fresh, we went for a mid range van and it was worth the extra money to have a wider van with the beds made up. The complex was fantastic, clean and well maintained. The on site pub was good enough although the men's toilets were smelly. Both the indoor and outdoor pools were lovely and perfectly pitched for my three and five year olds. The entertainment was fairly dire but the kids loved it which made it bearable. Tenby is beautiful and there is so much to do in the surrounding area, folly farm is well worth a visit but beware of the extra costs when inside. We have had a brilliant holiday and we will definitely return, probably out of season again when it is quieter. Only given sleep quality three because its a caravan and I'm used to a king size bed!

Hi Helen Y
Thanks for posting your review. We shared your feedback with our team recently and they were really pleased. Great feedback like this is always very well received by the team, especially on the run up to peak season. I am really sorry that our gents loos were not up there normal high standards whilst you were here and our Complex Manager Simon has passed on his deepest apologies.

Our Entertainment Manager Tom has asked that if you would be kind enough to spare some time to email us on kilnparktripadvisor@haven.com and share your entertainment experience with us in more detail he would be happy to discuss this with you further if you wish.

Comments and suggestions from our guests are invaluable to us and we always like the opportunity to discuss further.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Lisa & Tom

Kiln Park Holiday Centre

Been to Kiln Park Holiday Centre - Haven? Share your experiences!