“Home ok but site a dump with very very poor staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kiln Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tenby
Kiln Park
You added Kiln Park to your Saves list
Marsh Road, Tenby, Wales   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 10 Specialty Lodging in Tenby
rob140567
“Home ok but site a dump with very very poor staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

We stayed for 6 nights in the top of the range home. It was ok, clean and a very good shower. TV had a DVD which did not work and despite 4 requests to reception nothing done about it.

The site as a whole is very poor run and very tacky. When we arrived we went to reception and were given our key, no welcome pack, no instructions on how anything worked and no feeling of being wanted. Both pools seems to open at very limited times and they are very small. Fun complex is nothing more than an arcade with pub attached and tiny poor. Security on door dressed in black with shaven head did not make the kids feel relaxed. Live Lounge was very dark and did not feel safe. We tried to eat at the pub twice but once after 25 minute wait to order we gave up and on another occasion when we did order after 40 minutes waiting for food we got money back.

Other interesting events were one of my children nearly getting hit by a security guard driving car whilst texting, we were on the edge of road as no paths! Glass shelf falling off the wall and hotting my daughter, reported to reception, shelf never fixed and still awaiting the apology. All in all not an experience I would repeat again.

Room Tip: Top of the range home is ok I dread to think what others are like and get sited away from the pub

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Sunny South Wales
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

I would like to just say the worst part will be spoken about here for the main reason it put a dampener on the holiday.

The shower blocks were mortifying, they have cracked tiles, BLACK MOULD on walls and ceilings, you have to push the button every 14 SECONDS to get a trickling of luke warm water!, the water is just collected all across the floors as your leaving so your left standing in someone's wash water!!.. the boys that worked there didnt seem to want to work, I even took the water pusher off him as he handed it to me as I said I wanted my shower sorted before I washed in it.. It smelt there like a sewer! marks out of 10 for the showers are 0/10 I cant rate them.. and seriously think that health people should go in and inspect it along with the worst toilets on earth..

Toilets.. OMG... from a few feet away from the block you could smell them,(I felt so sorry for the surrounding caravans having to smell that!!) Then if you do dare to go in then thats a gagging moment.. some doors have no locks, the rooms are filthy even when staff go through there.. they are so run down and out of date they just look awful.. Some toilets are CRACKED and should be out of order, tiles CRACKED, water EVERYWHERE.. this is a serious health hazard! Some of the flushes dont work and you can see they dont work because of the filth in the toilet themselves. The hot water is way to hot at the sinks for small children so please be aware.. and the cold water just gushes out and socks you and adds to the water problem on the floor.. out of 10 I give the toilets a -10/10 yes that's a MINUS 10/10 Filthy!!

LIFEGUARDS.. 0/10 they work when the main boss man seems to be around.. but after 3pm the lifeguards that were there were... one on the high seat..sat there with his MOBILE PHONE and I counted it was 3mins 45 seconds before he looked at the pool as he was busy on his mobile hidden as he was holding it with the pocked of his jacket.. then he would glance and look back at his mobile. the other staff were having a massage off someone they knew by the table n benches and they too were on mobile phones laughing and giggling.. so between 4 there no one watching pool and one on bench.. no one watching pool as he was on mobile then the outdoor swimming pool is not a safe place to be.. SO PLEASE WATCH YOUR CHILDREN CAREFULLY AS THE LIFEGUARDS ARE NOT DOING THE JOB THEY ARE PAID TO DO!!! Which is a shame because the outdoor heated pool is very warm!

CONSIDERING THIS IS A HAVEN THIS IS DISGUSTING!

Now on to the nice part...

Site is very well maintained ie Grass-caravans-pathways etc.. Shop is local spar you can get cash back and use debit card and seems to have a lot of things and warm food ie pasties etc.

The main clubhouse is fun, they have amusements and that keeps the kids quiet, but the Burger king has massive queues so does Papa Johns.. but both nice food.. 3 times we tried to get a place to eat in the Mash and Barrel but its PACKED!! there were 3 tables last night and no chairs as its swarming.. its way too small for the amount of people that holiday at kiln park... The club upstairs has entertainment for the smaller children.. but nothing for older children so they become bored and go back downstairs.. The entertainment the week 14th August-19th August were horrific!.. not one band/singer/group any of those nights could hold a tune.. the guitarists last night on 19th were good at playing the guitars and they should of just got rid of the female singer!!

**Note to Kiln Park.. PLEASE GET GOOD SINGERS IN AS YOU LOST LOTS OF CUSTOMERS AS SOON AS YOUR BANDS CAME ON PEOPLE LAUGHED HELD EARS AND WALKED OUT!!**

To use the activities you MUST book that in at the main entertainment building in the morning.. I wasn't aware of this and it caused some upset as we turned up at one activity and was told in a rather abrupt manner that we couldn't do it

Kiln Park is very close to the beach and it makes it the best park to be in because of the situation.. but it seriously needs to be updated and cleaned up to be of a good standard because at the moment its very poor for the amount of money they are charging..

ALL IN ALL.. I love Tenby and I will always go back.. but I wish they would demolish the shower/toilet blocks and build new ones.. as they are so outdated.. some places I have been charge 50p a shower and they are excellent and clean and perfect.. so kiln park look at Warren Farm showers and follow them as they have an excellent standard when it comes to showers and toilets.. People would pay 50p for a lot better standard than what they have here..

The 2 stars I gave up above are for kerry her husband and Richard.. they are excellent and work socks off for what they do.. and thanks for helping us your all 10/10.. and for the locaction being close to beach.. but cant give the other 3 stars as it does not deserve it... it seriously needs to sort some things out and BAN ALL MOBILE PHONES OFF LIFEGUARDS!!!

MY SERVICE RATING IS FOR KERRY HER HUSBAND AND RICHARD!!!

Dudley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights and paid to upgrade to a higher value caravan which was amazing! We have two small children so space is everything and the caravan was spacious, clean and had everything we needed! There was lots to do around the site, even in October and I would highly recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed October 2010
Nottingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Pro's - Well placed for walking into Tenby. Beach nearby is lovely. The park is quite pretty i suppose, lots of new trees and scrubs recently planted. Nice and clean.
Cons - The Funworks complex was abit chavy, loads of rides and slot machines which wasn't to our taste. The lounge entertainment area was so dark I really struggled to see my 2 yr old at the mini disco. For that reason i only went once.
The indoor pool is too small for high season and the opening times are very restricted - 9.30-12.45 then 2- 5.45. It's so that Haven charge more for swimming activities out of these times. Beware alot of activities cost extra on top.
There are no paths so you have to walk on the road which i didn't like.
If you book privately like us you will save money but be aware that Haven perhaps understandably don't want to know you. I tried to hire a bed guard with no joy and all the eating places are inside the complex which you need passes for. On our first night after a long journey we wanted to buy a burger to take back to the caravan but couldn't which we frustrating. Suppose i'm not the Haven type but would def return to Tenby.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
birmingham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

This was a camping holiday, we arrived and were checked in by a lovely couple and were impressed by first appearances, we pitched up and then had a walk round to get our bearings. We found the 2 swimming pools which the kids were really excited about! We then located he shower block... what can I say it was disgusting!!!! Now I wasn't expecting pristine as I know there were a lot of people using the facilities, they were really dirty, cobwebs hanging from the skylights, horrible dirty tiles, tiles blown off the wall so obviously damp behind, dirty shower curtains(which aren't hygienic anyway need more of a wet room as you don't want a shower curtain clinging to your legs that has stuck to hundreds of other people, there were hairs all over the place, dirt on the window ledges. Apart from that it was ok, so if your in a caravan with your own facilities I think you'll be fine. The shower block just needs knocking down and starting again!!!! Oh and there was a dirty mattress dumped outside the shower block for 2 days before someone removed it!!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011 via mobile

Having stayed at Kiln Park for the last five of our summer holidays I felt I must add a review to give my opinion on a few of the issues other reviewers have raised. We have rented privately owned caravans rather than booked through havens, cost a little over half the price that haven charge. The site is very well presented and in a fantastic location for a short (20 min ish) walk to Tenby or an ideal base for car journeys to explore the very beautiful Pembrokeshire coast. My only real moan based on my experience, and especially this year, would be that the bar staff in the club seem to be (with a couple of exceptions) barely conscious mouth breathers with a complete absence of any sense of urgency or any personality. Unless you are a bingo fan, the early evening entertainment for 4-8 yr olds is over far too quickly. I would definitely recommend kiln park but book privately and save yourself a lot of money.

• Stayed August 2011
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We (a family of four - Mum, Dad and two girls aged 5 and 6) have recently returned from a 10 day camping trip at Kiln Park in Tenby, Wales. I booked onto this Haven camp site for the first ten days of the school summer holidays in the hope that a long established company servicing camping and caravanning holidaymakers would be well set up for a long stay camping trip. Unfortunately I was wrong.

The main overall problem was overcrowding. In the electric hook up field tents were squeezed very tightly together. The shower block was mouldy and smelly, there were no extractor fans in the toilets, no private sinks to wash in, the drainage in the showers was horrendous so each shower cubicle was continually flooded and due to the sheer numbers using the block there were always pools of water full of other people's hair and god knows what else in the showers so you needed to be a gymnast to dress after a shower to avoid dipping your clothes into the human hair soup . The toilet sinks had two settings - off or blast, and they were all at adult height so my girls had to be lifted onto constantly wet sink surrounds to wash their hands. The Elsan (chemical toilet waste) sloosh area is right next to where you wash up and constantly stinks of stale urine. It's evident that this block is old and badly designed and has been sloshed over with some paint at some point but to be honest it needs to be grounded and re-vamped and a 2nd block should be built near the non-electric field for the poor souls who had to walk a mile to get to the facilities.

Both the indoor and outdoor pools were so busy it wasn't actually possible to swim in them, and the showers next to both pools were set to freezing (probably to avoid campers using them as an alternative to wash). My 5yr old came down the bumpy slide at the outdoor pool followed too closely by a couple of large teenagers who landed on her and I had to drag her up to safety, all of this was unnoticed by the life guards who couldn't possibly keep up with the amount going on in that pool. To get a sun bed on a sunny day needed a military operation.

During our stay there was a car fire directly opposite out tent (20 ft away). There were no evident fire extinguishers on the field that we could find and staff members had to be called to bring extinguishers from the shower block, by which time the car was past saving so we had to be evacuated and fire engines called. Luckily the car was parked at a pitch in a central area of the field and the wind was blowing the flames away from our tent, if it had been parked around the edge next to ours all of the adjacent tents would have burned down domino fashion. Later that same day there was another major fire in one of the caravans!!!!

Having said all of that, the saving grace was the locality, the beach was lovely and Tenby itself is a great place to have a holiday. The entertainment staff kept our girls amused and they loved the disco and the entertainment in the evening, hence the rating being poor rather than terrible.

My suggestion would be for a member of the Kiln Park management to visit some of the camp sites in France and see how it's really done. Back to La Pointe St Gilles in Benodet, France next year I think.

Room Tip: Dont let them pitch you right outside the horrible shower block, there are 4 pitches directly in fro...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Kiln Park? Share your experiences!