“Cracking New years party” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Pub/restaurant
Carew, United Kingdom
“Cracking New years party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I know its a bit late but been busy. We had a fantastic evening with excellent company on new years eve, all dressed 1940s style. A big thank you to Jude and Sandra and all the rest of the gang. Many more PLEASE.

• Visited December 2013

85% Recommend
“All Stops pulled Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

I have been visiting the Milton B for Sunday Lunch over the last year regularly. The proprietors Jude and Sandra always make me and my family welcome. This weekend the national floods hit this pub and I thought it would be shut for my Sunday Lunch... But No, The staff worked hard and long and the bar was open the same night and are Sunday Lunch was superb as always. I can only think of posting a review to mark my respect for this business. Keep going!

• Visited January 2014
Bury St EDmunds
“Good potential and could be excellent but it isn't!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stopped for a snack lunch. The inside is welcoming with stone walls and flag floor. The large television screen in an 'eating' lounge does, however, look singularly out of place!
The only cask beer on offer was 5% Abbot which is not an ideal lunchtime beer! There was no comment offered when I made that observation so perhaps they didn’t appreciate why?
We all ordered Cawl. It was ok but not great - certainly not as good as I’ve had elsewhere.
The rolls were very ordinary and had been warmed up - unfortunately, not enough, as mine was lukewarm on the outside and still slightly frozen in the middle. Better bread needed and better prepared would be good!
The impression was that this pub had new owners. Perhaps they will get a grip as it has the potential to be really good. It simply needs someone to realise that they need to address the small but important inadequacies as there is a lot of competition out there.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Surprise Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Had gone to Milton with some co workers,to do some work at the pool.They suggested we go and have a beer .I was taken aback when we walked it it was a surprise celebration for me.The service was great the food was good and the beer was cold.Enjoyed the whole experience.

• Visited September 2013
West Wales
“Family Get-Together”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We called in as we were passing, as always there was a warm welcome and a great pint!
The food was very good, I had the home-made beef and stilton pie, my wife has the salmond fillet with sweet chilly dip, my son and his partner has the cod and chips with again home-made batter! We had to finish things off with a pud, again all home-made and first class..

• Visited September 2013