“We had a lovely stay at this hotel” 5 of 5 stars

South Cliff Street, Tenby SA70 7EA, Wales   |
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Tenby
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pontardawe, Swansea, United Kingdom
“We had a lovely stay at this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this comfortable hotel. Our room was on the small side but had you need and after all we only stayed one night. It was very clean. There was only one fault I can say about it, the lower floor which is what my daughter asked for was actually up two small flights of stairs which I just about managed, however if you have any mobility difficulties with stairs I would maybe try somewhere with a ground floor room. All in all we had a lovely stay and a really nice breakfast next morning and the owner was very friendly, we used the very near car park for the south beach it was at the end of the street

Room Tip: As stated above if you have mobility difficulties this hotel is not for you as all rooms are up stai...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
tenby1234, Owner at Farnham Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you Monica for your great review of the hotel I hope you can visit us again in the future. Kind regards Simon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
brewood, staffs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have been staying in Tenby for more years than I care to remember.
I usually stay in a seafront hotel on the North beach but this was unavailable at a reasonable rate due to the season, so I was forced to look elsewhere. Fortunately the Farnham had a cancellation so I booked it quickly.
On arrival, the frontage looked pretty unassuming and typical of the area so I was not expecting much.
I was greeted by the extremely affable owner and then guided to my room.
I entered and was truly gobsmacked. There was a short hallway comprising a safe and open wardrobe; this small area was immediately lit by the passive sensor. I then walked into the bathroom; again immediately lit by the passive. This room was huge and comprised an ultra modern shower and top quality vanity unit with Onyx top, modern toilet (with soft closing seat) and the tiling and décor was extremely good taste. Most importantly of all the bathroom was a decent size with decent quality towels along with a heated towel rail.
The bedroom itself was decorated to an extremely high standard and again in very good taste. It had a large comfortable bed and high quality dressing table. There was a huge Samsung Smart TV on the wall with no visible wiring.
The owner has paid huge attention to detail.
As regards location, it is not on the seafront but my room was seaview and only a short walk from the beach and the town. Car parking is a mere 50yds away and costs £5 a day.
All in all the location is very good and also very quiet.
To summarise - probably the best standard of accommodation in Tenby or indeed anywhere else in this country; combine this with the perfect mine host Simon and you have a pretty unbeatable package.

Room Tip: I had a seaview luxury room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
tenby1234, Owner at Farnham Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you for your excellent review of the hotel I'm really pleased you enjoyed your stay. We close at the end of September for further refurbishment and open again in February. I look forward to seeing again next year.
Kind regards
Simon
Llantrisant, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night (birthday treat). Easy to find (no parking available in street so used Rectory carpark, overnight car parking £5). The king size room with sea view was amazing and as previous reviews have mentioned the bathroom was huge!! This has been the best hotel/b&b we have stayed in Tenby and will definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2013
tenby1234, Owner at Farnham Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your great review i am really pleased you enjoyed your stay. We close at the end of september to begin upgrading the non sea view rooms into luxury king rooms. I hope you will visit us again next year. Kind regards Simon
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Really great stay in Tenby - We booked for one night and the Farnham Hotel was everything we needed. Our room was really nice and modern and the bathroom was HUGE! Breakfast was tasty and the overall price was very reasonable. The location was good too - Only 2 mins from the beach or about 5 mins walk to the town centre.

Thanks for a lovely stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
tenby1234, Owner at Farnham Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review I hope you can visit us again soon. Kind regards Simon
Hereford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed for one night for short break. Superb room modern decor immaculately turned out, Spotlessly clean. Host was friendly provided first class service. Location fantatsic for beach and town. Very highly recommended. Cannot fault it best I have stayed in this country for many a year.

Room Tip: Had room 1 with sea view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
swansea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights great location rooms realy modern very clean the breakfast was fantastic you never have a empty coffee cup or toast rack would def recommend this hotel we booked 3 rooms everyone said the same could not fault this bed and breakfast great value

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kingswinford,England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Did lots of search before I finally booked Farnham Hotel. Nowadays Guest Houses have become Hotels it seems. Anyway we wanted the seaside experience after years of going abroad. I chose Room 5 at the very top of the building for the lovely sea views and this room was also very private. The bathroom was amazing - I want one the same at home! People of above average height may be more suited to Room 1 also with sea views. Ask Simon who will explain. My husband and I enjoyed a very pleasant 2 days and have already recommended it to our friends and family. The breakfast service finished too early for us (9am). This was the only negative.

Room Tip: Room 5 if you are fit and able enough to take the stairs. Good views and privacy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Farnham Hotel? Share your experiences!