“50th birthday trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Tenby
dorset
“50th birthday trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Advice book this hotelo through booking.com or similar you will save pounds. The hotel when contacted directly would not reduce the rack rate of £58 per person per night, for two nights booking.com the price was £34 per person per night! Saving £96.

Now that is over, the hotel. Very friendly staff, clean, warm, free parking and good value, including hotel bar. No complaints apart from.

Up a hill from Tenby town so if you dont like hills be prepared to get a taxi.

No bottled water in room, for a three* I found this lacking.

Breakfast nothing to write home about, cold toast, average quality sausages and bacon.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed here with friends for just one night, and we did enjoy, although there were just a couple of 'niggles'. As for the situation of the hotel, it really does have the best views in Tenby, and overlooks the harbour, and town. It is a view you never get tired of! We were given room 3 which is beautifully decorated and has recently been re-furbished. Great view from this room. It is also a family room, which has a double (very comfortable) bed, and two singles. Two very nice leather look bucket chairs in the window area, so you can relax and take in the views, which we did! The bathroom was very clean and pleasant, but when I tried to take a shower, it would not work. We had to find someone to sort that out. It worked fine after though. The Park Hotel is a very traditional hotel, quite chintzy in decoration, but it suits the hotel, and is very tastefully done.
The re-furbished rooms however, are nice and modern, and although a contrast to the rest of the hotel, it works well.
Breakfast was excellent. Very fresh and tasty. What I would have liked to see though is a pot of coffee on the table. Although we could have 'top ups', it's not quite the same.
The 'niggles' I talk about, are, the shower issue, and the fact that there are not enough staff in the evening. The staff that were there had to see to everything, the bar, the food, and sort out any issues. When I had tried to phone reception there was continually no answer, but the reason was because they are here, there, and everywhere. We also had a few problems trying to get something to eat because of timings, and minimal staff, but we did manage to get sandwiches later on, and our friend had a cheese board that was one of the best he had.
Unfortunately, our friends TV would not work in their room, and they were informed that it was because of the aerials not picking up signal. Each floor has it's own aerial. As I said just a few niggles, that if were sorted, would make such a difference to what is a very nice hotel.
When we got home I realised that I had left the book I had been reading in the room. I phoned the hotel when I got home, and the receptionist said she would send it to me. True to her word the book arrived this morning, so she must have posted it straight away yesterday, so I am very grateful to her.
We have stayed at this hotel previously and we have enjoyed each stay, so even though there were a few 'niggles' it would not stop us from staying here again.
During the summer months there is also an outdoor pool, in very nice grounds, which could be a real bonus if the weather was good.

Room Tip: Ask for the sea views. You will not be disappointed!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Spent a weekend at the Park Hotel. As some of the reviews say a little old fashioned, but that said the hotel is very clean. We had the small room which wasn't at all pokey, TV, tea/coffee making facilities and a sea view. Nice breakfast which set us up for the day.

• Stayed October 2013
wales
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed here with a group of friends on arrival we checked in,went to go to the room to have receptionist coming after us to say she had given us the wrong key so back down to change the key. Rooms were small and very basic, the bathroom was dated and tiny. After unpacking we went down to meet friend,ordered drinks at the bar and the beer was awful, flat as anything. We told the lady behind the bar and her reply was " we are a 3 star hotel at the end of the day not a pub so what do you expect!" That's was not the answer or the attitude that we were expecting. After we had gone out for food in tenby we returned to the room to find that the window had a huge gap down the side of it and the wind was howling through we opened and closed it a few times but the gap remained, I went down to reception to find there was no one available, there was no staff available the place was deserted so we had to put up with it. After a few hours in bed with hardly any sleep as the noise was ridiculous I could hear drip drip drip I got up to look at the window and the rain was pouring in, the window sill was saturated and so was the carpet, I couldn't believe how they let this room out like this. In the morning I went down to reception spoke to the lady who said she would speak to the proprietor and get back to me when we checked out. During check out there was no mention of it so I reminded her so she rang the rude barmaid/receptionist from the previous day to come to speak to me, she came and said she needed to check it so I went back up with her, it was clear to see when she looked there was a gap and the window was still soaking as it was raining still and the wet towels were there from where I had tried drying it during the night were even more wet, she opened and closed the window a few times and the gap remained then she did it again with an almighty slam and it closed, she then turned to me and said abruptly that that was want I needed to do to which I said I don't slam my own windows closed so I certainly not going to slam someone's else is. She then said what did I expect from this I was getting a cheap rate of £90 a night so I couldn't get money off, I'm sorry I don't think that £90 for what I got was cheap! I don't think she realised that I didn't want money off an apology would have been fine, a bit of respect and certainly not the attitude. I think she needs to be sent on some kind of training on how to speak to customers. I would not reccomended this hotel to anyone and definitely not room 214 to be avoided at all costs!!

Room Tip: Don't choose room 214 at any costs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Very nice hotel breakfast was excellent, food in bar was good.
Not much information in room so had to keep going to reception.
Room was ok bathroom needs a lot of updating very poor, the bedroom room was very good apart from could not get to sleep as the window was very noisy all need due to a cracked pain of glass did complain and they tried to fix it with masking tape but it did not work.
Lovely walks nearby

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Welsh Borders
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels in Tenby over the years but The Park Hotel in Tenby is the best.
The rooms are very good & the location has great views. The hotel itself is well cared for & very clean. The staff generally are very charming & helpful. Great location for coastal walks or relaxing with a coffee or glass of wine outside, overlooking the sea. I recently had a 4 day stay & found it was just the break needed. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have several windows that overlook the sea with great panoramic views.
Treorchy, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

me and my partner stayed here for a nice weekend over, very good hotel, a little way from the town, but a nice walk on a nice day, hotel very clean and staff very pleasant, food was good and so was the red wine, would go again, lift has to be the smallest in the world, take the stairs!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Park Hotel Tenby? Share your experiences!