“SIMPLY LOVE TENBY!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
CARDIFF UNITED KINGDOM
“SIMPLY LOVE TENBY!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

stayed in tenby a few times as my review says S L T. didnt know where to stay so because it was my 50th birthday treat to me off my wife i decided to stay at the Park (didnt tell them tho too shy)lol anyway i picked a room with a view (103) and wasnt disappointed one bit the room was immaculate the only gripe was the bathroom was on the small side but hey does that matter NO! the beds were very comfy and the views were as it says breathtaking. only stayed a couple of nights but that was enough for me to say that the food was good and the staff very friendly and helpful and the hotel very clean and tidy did venture down to the bar area which was also very nice. look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: pick a "ROOM WITH A VIEW" you won t be sorry!!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Ludlow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Stayed at this hotel from 4.11.2011 to 7.11.2011. Booked a sea view room and was not disappointed.
Room was clean and well decorated. Bed was comfortable. The bedroom windows overlooked the harbour.
Staff were very friendly and helpful.
We've stayed in several hotels in Tenby but this was was the best one we have been in so far.

Room Tip: I would always book a sea view room at this hotel - its so nice to wake up looking at the sea.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Wales, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I've never been to Tenby before so did not know what to expect. I thought this hotel was excellent value. I would agree with other reviewers who took their children. The hotel was very accommodating. Some of the guests weren't but that wasn't the hotel's fault. The food was very good and the bar area was excellently cosy. We were lucky enough to get an inside line on the history of the hotel and its surroundings (in case you're wondering the trees are protected apparently), particularly the private coastal path down to the beach. The weather had not been kind, but that's fine by me. We checked the path and the beach out and thought it was an added feature of this hotel that will keep us coming back in the future I hope.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the rooms in the tower looking over the cliff onto the beachfront, from what I cou...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Devon, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

We like Tenby but it can get a bit frantic when busy. We found that The Park Hotel is a great choice as it has parking and sits on the hill looking down on the town, a very pleasant 10 minute walk away. Our twin room was well decorated, spotless and had a great sea view. Breakfast was served by cheerful staff and was fine - our only thought is why must this meal be not available before 8.30am? Some people must stay here whilst working locally and others, (us!), like to get up and make the most of our days - surely 7.30ish is not unreasonable? Overall this is a largish, good quality non-chain hotel with a grown up feel and we would stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

A weekend in Tenby with our 14 month old daughter. As a (relatively) new family we are only just beginning to appreciate the importance of 'family friendly' and the Park Hotel ticks all the boxes in this respect including cots, highchairs and baby food requests!
Beautiful views and perfect location; close enough for a short walk to town but not stuck in the central busy, small streets.
Can recommend a lovely walk down a zig zag path to the beach going through old deciduous woodland.
Only regret is not bringing our swim wear as we heard that the outside pool was still a manageable temperature despite it being September!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Porthcawl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I booked this hotel for myself and 2 others for one night in August. Unfortunately on the way to the Hotel one of the party was taken ill. I had already paid as I booked through Booking.com so expected to pay all of the bill as it was such a late cancellation I was giving them. However when I telephone the Hotel to cancel I was met with such politeness and understanding I was very pleased. I was informed I would only have to pay the deposit.
After I cancelled online,Booking.com reported that I needed to pay a greater amount. I phoned the Hotel back and spoke to the same pleasant receptionist who said she would ring Booking.com back and sort it out.
What pleasant, efficient service. I would have no hesitation in booking this hotel again as the adverts, pictures and description looked excellent and and the way my cancellation was dealt with was astonishinlgy kind.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
south wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

This hotel is a bit pricey but the drinks are reasonable compared to shearings hotels and the breakfast is very good , the evening meal is excellent and very good value for a 5 course meal. We would go back to this hotel, yes our room was a little small but we did get very good value.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Park Hotel Tenby? Share your experiences!