“Best Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 95 Restaurants in Ilfracombe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: English
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Doing business, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Combe Cottage Restaurant and Cafe the emphasis is on home cooked meals using fresh local ingredients. We are proud to support our local producers and suppliers.Full of character and charm our restaurant is ideally situated on the bustling Ilfracombe High Street. We would like to extend a warm welcome to all.
Carmarthen
“Best Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Always visit this restaurant when I go to Ilfracombe, excellent home cooked food with local produce would not go anywhere else, the food is to die for with a lovely menu difficult to choose as it is all so lovely. Nice atmosphere and very friendly with a really warm welcome. You could ask for nothing else.

Skewen, United Kingdom
“The best Steak & Ale Pie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My girlfriend & I went for lunch in this lovely restaurant and both chose the steak & ale pie. I have to say we were speechless, it was absolutely lush. The herbs & spices just melted in your mouth, the best steak & ale pie I have ever tasted, better than my girlfriends, get a slap for that. The warmth of the staff and the welcome surroundings made it a restaurant we will definitely go back to again on our next visit, cherished memories forever. April & Robert, Skewen, Neath.

Market Harborough, United Kingdom
“Clean and tidy with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We went into the Restaurant for lunch. The place is about the only decent place to eat in the High Street. The food was excellent and staff polite and attentive. Well worth a visit.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toulon-sur-Allier, France
“All Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

After some bad experience in the south of Devon we went there when we first arrived by chance for lunch and liked the evening menu and went back for the next evening.

It is a very romantic and historic place for the evening.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Once is not Enough!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I have visited Ilfracombe on multiple occasions and each time made sure I've stopped off at Combe Cottage for a nice lunch or dinner at least twice. Every time the meal has been excellent, the service fast and the staff warm and friendly. No doubt one of the best restaurants I've visited not just in Devon but internationally. If at any time you're planning to visit Ilfracombe this year or even live nearby be sure to check out Combe Cottage and I hope you can share my great experience.

• Visited July 2012